Mndcntrl

Mndcntrl

Aug 15, 2023
Hi!
I scrolled through the forum and found a lot of post where the last post was half year-2 years ago. Should I let this post rest? Can new people still comment on old "finished" topics? How do you "old bunnys" here prefer it? Or can a mod if he has the time (and not allready did it) close old threads where no one should write again?

The Topic what let me too this question was from July (Not that old but still old enough) in the suggestion tab.

It is logical too let some specific topics rest. When people "forget" the problems they had a person many month later talking too it, is trash and contra productive!

O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
I don't think there is any rule against raising old posts; if the subject peaks your interest and you have something to add, go for it.

However, I think if the thread you are looking at is or was controversial or if there were heavy arguments in the thread, it might be best to leave it alone.

This is my take. I am not the smartest, so take this for what it is worth.

Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Mndcntrl
Mndcntrl

Mndcntrl

Aug 15, 2023
I don't think there is any rule against raising old posts; if the subject peaks your interest and you have something to add, go for it.
Thats what I want to hear perfect! I wait after night what more people say, but your arguments seems logical.
However, I think if the thread you are looking at is or was controversial or if there were heavy arguments in the thread, it might be best to leave it alone.
This is what I mean is logical^^

Reactions: LoiteringClouds
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
People can still reply to a thread unless the thread is locked (where there is a lock image next to the title) I think that replying to old posts can be beneficial if it's a megathread or some kind of information resource, the megathreads exist on the site to prevent duplicate threads being made about the same subject.

But the problem with replying to many old threads is that either they aren't relevant anymore and I personally think it can be quite pointless giving advice, asking questions or replying directly to someone from an old thread as there is a high chance of the person not being around on the site anymore, so they won't receive a reply back or that person is not looking for that advice anymore, as time passes and things change.

I think a lot of threads on here are only relevant if they are replied to in a certain time period, a lot of accounts don't stay for long on the site after all and I often see people on here replying to old threads they found in "similar threads" or the search function acting like they are recently created. I just think it depends on the thread whether to reply to an old one or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoiteringClouds and Mndcntrl