SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
It's basically just watching your body and mind decay until you reach that inevitable end.

Obviously I have a problem with life, but actually I do feel, let's say "glad" or "grateful" about certain things. For one I'm very glad that I'm not intellectually disabled or have any specific learning disability (yes, indeed, it could have been worse). I do enjoy learning and I'm glad that I get to do that efficiently enough to satisfy myself. I'm glad that I got to learn about and understand AN, efilism and other similar ideas at a fairly young age, which has not only freed me from all the harmful pro-life indoctrination but also saved me from any potential possibility of making that irreversible mistake of imposing life on another child. My cognitive ability is one of the very few things I genuinely value in this stupid cheese-chasing game called existence. And then there was this study I once read, saying that having autism increases your chance of getting alzheimer's when you're old (and even at lower age compared with average), and I was like "oh fuck me". It doesn't even matter if this piece of information is true or not, just, fuck this life for even making autism and alzheimer's both a thing. I feel like ctbing just from thinking about the possibility that one day I'll have to experience this gradual decay in intellectual ability. Getting old is being eaten alive by life until death finally sets you free.

My grandpa suffered a horrible old age. He was already suffering from several cardiovascular diseases when I was little (in primary school if I remember correctly), was continuously in and out of hospital, did a few major surgeries, but still ended up completely paralyzed, bedridden in the last few years of his life. He couldn't even turn himself over and eat by himself, and as a result my grandma had to take care of him 24/7. People love to say things like "you need to get married and have children or else you'll suffer when you get old from loneliness or smth", but the truth is, my grandpa lived a pretty good life (by their standards): worked hard and made some money when he was young, got married, had kids, etc., and nothing, I mean literally NOTHING saved him (or could save him) from still suffering to that level throughout the last decade of his life. It frustrates me how people just don't talk about this simple fact. They just turn their heads away and pretend not to see it, and pray to their Gods that such tragedy won't befall them (but it always will befall someone in the end). When talking about old age, they just say that everyone has to go through this and that's why you should get married and have children. HA? HA.

Why would anyone want to get old and be in such conditions?
Even the existing laws and organizations supporting the right to die are imo to some extent pro-life, bc you still need a "good enough reason", most of the time this being already suffering immensely, for them to allow you access. Fuck that. imo not wanting to be at risk of suffering in this existence is already more than good enough as a reason to want to opt out.

• Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, TheDog_, tiger b and 11 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
This is at least one of the things people who reproduce should think about before they decide to reproduce.

Among others of similar nature that you don't even have to be of old age to experience.

What are we doing fellow humans, and for what?

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Hollowman, SpiritualDeath and 1 other person
R

roguetrader

Experienced
Feb 17, 2021
Not only is it not fun, it's flat out disgusting 🤢

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, Spiritual survivor, Hollowman and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The thought of reaching an old age just disturbs me so much, it's just undesirable suffering that I'd prefer to avoid at all costs. It's horrifying how people cannot just have the option to die in peace to escape this unnecessary torture. In general existence is just so hellish and I'd prefer to die under all circumstances to avoid all future suffering, it's all that feels rational to me.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, kunikuzushi, SpiritualDeath and 2 others
flower_g1rl

flower_g1rl

sep 22, 2019
Oct 25, 2023
you know what? this post made me a little happy, it made me think - i will save myself from growing old by catching the bus (usually i dont think so far away), i wont ever have to experience this heartache, and anything that comes with it. so thank you. you cheered me up a bit. nice to know it wont ever be my reality. i mostly think, with my plans, of what i escape in the present moment

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, SVEN, WAITING TO DIE and 3 others
deadtomorrow

deadtomorrow

Oct 25, 2023
The worst part about old age is losing hair
This is when i decided i no longer want to continue

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, sserafim, SpiritualDeath and 1 other person
ihatethisplanet

ihatethisplanet

Jun 21, 2023
You basically become a baby again. Thin to no hair, diapers, inability to verbalize, etc. That's not everyone, but a lot of people wind up in nursing homes left to rot. I hate aging and birthdays and wish I didn't have to live through another one.

Reactions: flower_g1rl, pthnrdnojvsc, SpiritualDeath and 4 others
Iamtired

Iamtired

Experienced
Sep 30, 2023
yeah it's a legitimate concern. I've watched plenty of old people in my family decline. It isn't fun.
Then again I've also experienced 65 year olds pretending to be 42 year olds in the matrix….intellectual abilities abound. Beware.

I also think older people who haven't procreated and have made their "fortunes" are probably spending it now-Frivolously and even to a suspicious degree (see my
Above comment about the matrix) . It's like a slap in the face to anyone who's young now. They could be living to fuck up other people's lives…for fun.

To all oldies living this way: I think if you want to die- then die. Do us a favor. if you've made it this long- why keep going if its the inevitable grand mal?

Last edited:
Reactions: SpiritualDeath, WAITING TO DIE, Hollowman and 1 other person
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
It's basically just watching your body and mind decay until you reach that inevitable end.

Obviously I have a problem with life, but actually I do feel, let's say "glad" or "grateful" about certain things. For one I'm very glad that I'm not intellectually disabled or have any specific learning disability (yes, indeed, it could have been worse). I do enjoy learning and I'm glad that I get to do that efficiently enough to satisfy myself. I'm glad that I got to learn about and understand AN, efilism and other similar ideas at a fairly young age, which has not only freed me from all the harmful pro-life indoctrination but also saved me from any potential possibility of making that irreversible mistake of imposing life on another child. My cognitive ability is one of the very few things I genuinely value in this stupid cheese-chasing game called existence. And then there was this study I once read, saying that having autism increases your chance of getting alzheimer's when you're old (and even at lower age compared with average), and I was like "oh fuck me". It doesn't even matter if this piece of information is true or not, just, fuck this life for even making autism and alzheimer's both a thing. I feel like ctbing just from thinking about the possibility that one day I'll have to experience this gradual decay in intellectual ability. Getting old is being eaten alive by life until death finally sets you free.

My grandpa suffered a horrible old age. He was already suffering from several cardiovascular diseases when I was little (in primary school if I remember correctly), was continuously in and out of hospital, did a few major surgeries, but still ended up completely paralyzed, bedridden in the last few years of his life. He couldn't even turn himself over and eat by himself, and as a result my grandma had to take care of him 24/7. People love to say things like "you need to get married and have children or else you'll suffer when you get old from loneliness or smth", but the truth is, my grandpa lived a pretty good life (by their standards): worked hard and made some money when he was young, got married, had kids, etc., and nothing, I mean literally NOTHING saved him (or could save him) from still suffering to that level throughout the last decade of his life. It frustrates me how people just don't talk about this simple fact. They just turn their heads away and pretend not to see it, and pray to their Gods that such tragedy won't befall them (but it always will befall someone in the end). When talking about old age, they just say that everyone has to go through this and that's why you should get married and have children. HA? HA.

Why would anyone want to get old and be in such conditions?
Even the existing laws and organizations supporting the right to die are imo to some extent pro-life, bc you still need a "good enough reason", most of the time this being already suffering immensely, for them to allow you access. Fuck that. imo not wanting to be at risk of suffering in this existence is already more than good enough as a reason to want to opt out.
Ikr, I don't know how anyone could ever look forward to old age or want to get old. I also don't know how people are just okay with it. The thought of getting old terrifies me. I'd hate to have my mind and body deteriorate. I never want to get old or experience old age. In my opinion, old age is just preparation (deterioration of the mind and body) for eventual death. I'd rather die when I'm young and never have to experience the deterioration of old age. I'd hate to get Alzheimer's or dementia, or be stuck in a nursing home. I'd hate to be a shell of my former self. I have autism well and it makes me sad that we're more likely to get Alzheimer's. Why do either of these conditions exist? There's honestly no reason for them, I wish there could be a cure for both already. I think most people get old because they don't have a choice, after all living is the default mode unless you actively do something about it. I will never get old though, I'll ctb before 25. I had never wanted to live past 18 but I didn't do anything about it so I ended up living this long.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocinante, pthnrdnojvsc, SpiritualDeath and 1 other person
Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
This is at least one of the things people who reproduce should think about before they decide to reproduce.

Sounds reasonable, but in practice it gets complicated, especially if you're able to love and don't see life as an unmitigated hell.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and Spiritual survivor
S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
I agree. Before I allow my kids to take care of me or anyone else to do that, I'll take my life for sure. It's sad we're born needing help and then we get older we need help.

Reactions: peace_van, WAITING TO DIE and Spiritual survivor
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I'm definitely going to ctb long before I end up pissing and shitting my pants in some old folks home.
Fuck that shit.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, SMmetalhead36, peace_van and 1 other person
tiger b

tiger b

AI without the I
Oct 24, 2023
I think growing old in the UK is a joke. You work and struggle your whole life and you'll end up in a home with your children nowhere in sight because they're too busy working and struggling. That mortgage you paid off, go you but the house is sold anyway to cover your care costs. The understaffed care home where noone wants to be and most of the workers are poorly paid and don't value what they do anyway. Let's not even talk about Alzheimer's.

That's the model you sign up to if you live in the UK and are 'lucky'. If I don't CTB, there's no way I'm staying in the UK.
yeah it's a legitimate concern. I've watched plenty of old people in my family decline. It isn't fun.
Then again I've also experienced 65 year olds pretending to be 42 year olds in the matrix….intellectual abilities abound. Beware.

I also think older people who haven't procreated and have made their "fortunes" are probably spending it now-Frivolously and even to a suspicious degree (see my
Above comment about the matrix) . It's like a slap in the face to anyone who's young now. They could be living to fuck up other people's lives…for fun.

To all oldies living this way: I think if you want to die- then die. Do us a favor. if you've made it this long- why keep going if its the inevitable grand mal?
I don't think anyone older should choose death just to keep some entitled brats happy. Slap in the face? Living to fuck up other people's lives? What a load of buffalo wank.

Last edited:
Reactions: ihatethisplanet, flower_g1rl and WAITING TO DIE
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
Sounds reasonable, but in practice it gets complicated, especially if you're able to love and don't see life as an unmitigated hell.
I'd say if you're really able to love you would simply not have the desire to have children, bc you would be very aware of what consequences this decision could lead to.

You don't need to see life as an unmitigated hell to see that shit happens on this planet, and it's happening everyday, every minute. It's happening right now to some other people, and there's no guarantee that any of that will not happen to you or your kids in the future. That alone is enough as a reason why you don't bring your kids here to love them. Even if you're living the most ideal life a human being could live, you would still realize that it's very possible you're gonna die before your kids, and they'll be left alone in grief on this planet with who knows what awaiting them, and if you truly love them you would know that no one else on this planet is able to love them the way you do. That's why you don't do this to them, you don't bring them here, give them love knowing that this love will be taken away in the future (you'll inevitably die) and there's nothing you can do about it.

Believe me most parents know this. They know their kids are not safe. They know what's out there in this world and what could happen to their kids. That's why they get worried if their kids do not come back home from school in time and are not answering their calls. It may just be too life-shattering for them to admit that they've made a mistake.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: flower_g1rl and pthnrdnojvsc