Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I come to vent
Zelle is a service
for people with bank accounts in the USA
Which I have been using for many years
when i change my number
Zelle asked me to verify my account so everything was fine, but when I sent $200, I got an SMS saying that my account was suspended
but nobody knows how the hell a Latino can use Zelle if he has never set foot in the USA
The bank asks me to prove that I am a US resident to unlock my account

So this is my current problem

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Dead Meat, Fragile and NobodyKnowsMe
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
Did you manage to open a U.S. bank account from outside the country or have you somehow been using it without a US bank account?

Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
Did you manage to open a U.S. bank account from outside the country or have you somehow been using it without a US bank account?
I was using it with a US bank account

Reactions: Cathy Ames
Cathy Ames

Cathy Ames

Cautionary Tale
Mar 11, 2022
I was using it with a US bank account
It's interesting that you were able to open the account from outside the country, as things became super stringent in the US after 9/11. However, when I do banking type things over the phone, they (obviously) are not able to see my i.d., as they would do in person, but they have an alternate way to identify me (verbal pass code thing) and that substitutes. There are a couple-few things I need to show up in person to do (and just I don't do those LOL). It this related to your being stateless for a while there? It is possible that the bank will be able to do something if you reach the correct person, but possibly/probably you've already tried that and were unsuccessful. This type of situation is madden. I'm so sorry you are going through this.