E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
I believe I have severe OCD with phone and computers
With the phone I cannot relief my anxiety if I don't clean it everytime I see fingerprints in fact I have to change the phone film when the oleophobic coating is worn.
With computers I just keep everything sterilized software wise, if needed I would format a pc if there is something that is not perfect anymore.
So I have this mental disorder with electronic devices but just perfectionism with other things to do.
Just wanted to say a couple of words about it so I can share it to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Skathon and dyn00ss
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
so you basically just wipe your phone constantly?

and what do you mean exactly with ,,sterile software''

have you thought about consulting a therapist yet? This really sounds like a pain in the ass

E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
I use a little cleaning cloth to remove fingerprints off the screen when I feel the anxiety could go out of control.
If there is something off on my pc, like an error or something I go crazy. Having lived the entire life in front of my pc I believe it is normal that OCD developed here and not in other things.
Yes but my therapist is full and so they are her colleagues. I do not trust the others atm. I'm desperate also for the fact that I struggle to generate an income to be independent. My trauma affected also my ability to work.
It's a way I cope with the pain I live everyday, but when something is not perfect like I want or make mistakes I think about ctb impulsively.

unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
I am similar with PCs in the form of organization and sorting such as files, folders and especially the desktop; it must be well-nigh empty and organized, neat in its place. I am also OCD to routinely checking double checking, triple checking files related to a defunct file case. But it is mostly file management and constantly keeping it clean and cleared.
I also do this in-game with JRPGs within the menu sort function.

Reactions: endless_pain
E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
I am similar with PCs in the form of organization and sorting such as files, folders and especially the desktop; it must be well-nigh empty and organized, neat in its place. I am also OCD to routinely checking double checking, triple checking files related to a defunct file case. But it is mostly file management and constantly keeping it clean and cleared.
I also do this in-game with JRPGs within the menu sort function.
I know something of it, I need to have desktop and files organized and neat too.
Sometimes doing things on the computer repeatedly OCD wise