H

hiddenbpd

✌🏼
Oct 19, 2022
I've been dealing with intense and persistent obsessive thoughts regarding self harm. It's basically a compulsion at this point as my brain screams at me to "just do it already" and the anxiety persists until I give in.
Anyone have any tips? Any things that work for OCD that I could apply towards this?

• Hugs
Reactions: Ashu and Uber
T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
Inositol is supposed to help with OCD. It is supposed to be harmless (it used to be vitamin B8), but you have to take a lot.

You might substitute an activity (like pushups or other exercise) as a sort of painful alternative. Sometimes self-harm thoughts arise to give one a sense of control during periods of anxiety. You might experiment to see if a substitute activity like baking or cleaning can also help give a sense of control.

Reactions: Ashu, hiddenbpd and Uber
H

hiddenbpd

✌🏼
Oct 19, 2022
Inositol is supposed to help with OCD. It is supposed to be harmless (it used to be vitamin B8), but you have to take a lot.

You might substitute an activity (like pushups or other exercise) as a sort of painful alternative. Sometimes self-harm thoughts arise to give one a sense of control during periods of anxiety. You might experiment to see if a substitute activity like baking or cleaning can also help give a sense of control.
Thank you for your suggestions! I really appreciate it 🤍