plasticbomb

plasticbomb

Aug 15, 2023
The thoughts in my head have been getting much much worse. In the past months it was only about around 75% of what I thought about before taking medication that helped stop it a bit. At times with the meds it reduced the thoughts and voices to 0. Unfortunately right now they are getting very very extreme. The past 3 days it is legitimately all I have thought about. I cannot get them out of my head. I cannot take my mind off the thoughts. I cannot distract myself with anything. I don't have access to any drugs or alcohol to see if that would help. I just wish they would stop. The only peace I get is when I'm asleep but that is hard since the heat here is getting ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I have undiagnosed OCD or something similar. I think it's coming time to where I have to do something about it quick. This will not end with normal medication or therapy.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: venin, Aloneisbestforme, SenseOfLoss and 2 others
Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
I'm sorry you're going through this. I have OCD and it usually doesn't get that bad. I have compulsions that hinder my social interactions and make talking to new people really hard.

You should try therapy only to get a diagnosis and some OCD-specific medication. My friend also has OCD and him on his medication is so much better than him when he's off them. It's almost a day and night difference with how much his OCD affects him

Reactions: SenseOfLoss
plasticbomb

plasticbomb

Aug 15, 2023
I'm sorry you're going through this. I have OCD and it usually doesn't get that bad. I have compulsions that hinder my social interactions and make talking to new people really hard.

You should try therapy only to get a diagnosis and some OCD-specific medication. My friend also has OCD and him on his medication is so much better than him when he's off them. It's almost a day and night difference with how much his OCD affects him
Maybe. I hate dealing with psychologists and therapists. Its just only my head though like not a physical OCD thing ya know like washing your hands or the other typical cases. Is that OCD as well? I brought it up with my psychologist and I'm on some stuff that helps curve it but it's just not enough.

• Love
Reactions: Kadaver
Kadaver

Kadaver

let death be kinder than man
Aug 11, 2023
Maybe. I hate dealing with psychologists and therapists. Its just only my head though like not a physical OCD thing ya know like washing your hands or the other typical cases. Is that OCD as well? I brought it up with my psychologist and I'm on some stuff that helps curve it but it's just not enough.
For some people they have physical compulsions (like washing their hands a certain amount of times) and for others it can be mental (like repeating thoughts or feelings)

For me one of my compulsions is if I'm in a quiet room I cannot break that quiet. I can't talk or make noise. It just feels wrong to be the one to break it. I also will have repetitive thoughts that loop over and over that I can't do much about

If you feel it's not enough maybe try telling them. They might be able to increase your dosage or switch you to another med

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
plasticbomb

plasticbomb

Aug 15, 2023
For some people they have physical compulsions (like washing their hands a certain amount of times) and for others it can be mental (like repeating thoughts or feelings)

For me one of my compulsions is if I'm in a quiet room I cannot break that quiet. I can't talk or make noise. It just feels wrong to be the one to break it. I also will have repetitive thoughts that loop over and over that I can't do much about

If you feel it's not enough maybe try telling them. They might be able to increase your dosage or switch you to another med
Okay word. Yeah the looping thoughts are the problem for me right now. Like the whole time it's just been me working out how I am going to do it and walking myself through it. I've even gone through the steps on these plans a bit but they always have a hick up.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That must be really torturous, I find it so horrible how there's unlimited potential for existing to get much more unbearable.

plasticbomb

plasticbomb

Aug 15, 2023
That must be really torturous, I find it so horrible how there's unlimited potential for existing to get much more unbearable.
I just want it to be quiet. The thoughts get louder when there's noise too. (not trying to offend anyone) But I feel almost autistic with how much my air conditioner unit pisses me off. It makes the voices so much louder and being that it's so hot I can't turn it off. It's horrible.