Still

Still

Dec 17, 2020
Anyone out there suffer with OCD? Can't take the obsessive, intrusive, isolating thoughts anymore. I feel like a walking pit of despair. I am constantly stuck in an anxious cycle and I just want.. need.. it to end.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Dee38, woknows, Umbreon and 14 others
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
Anyone out there suffer with OCD? Can't take the obsessive, intrusive, isolating thoughts anymore. I feel like a walking pit of despair. I am constantly stuck in an anxious cycle and I just want.. need.. it to end.
OCD is a bitch to deal with, I agree. My brain just doesn't allow me to switch off properly, especially if I'm already anxious. It's exhausting!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: livefreeorpeace, _Minsk, IAmExhausted and 2 others
BluesRunTheGame

BluesRunTheGame

Blackpilled
Dec 15, 2020
Yes, it's the worst.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: _Minsk, IAmExhausted and issyishere
N

neverever

Dec 10, 2020
Yes, I suffer from OCD. I've done rigorous therapy to learn cognitive techniques for managing it, but it still plagues me every day.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: livefreeorpeace, _Minsk, IAmExhausted and 1 other person
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Don't get me started on my OCDs ...it's hell. I hate cleaning/checking if electrical devices are out just over and over again. Also I count and organize everything around me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: livefreeorpeace, _Minsk, demuic and 2 others
issyishere

issyishere

Goodnight and always remember that’s life
Nov 5, 2019
Holy fuck I hate OCD I have it mostly regarding my health. My hearing is hyper aware now looking for signs that I might be losing it and shit. Its made my life a living hell. I've been attempting to stop it by forcing myself to not give into the mental compulsions. It's gotten kind of better but barely but I had a slip up 3 days ago and I ended up back at square 1. Really disappointing. I wish I could go back to my pre flare up me. Oh well, I will just keep trying to beat it into submission and if I can't then I have another solution :ahhha: Oh yeah by trying to stop my compulsions with sheer will I've managed to calm my panic attacks from one every hour to 2 every day so I guess it's small steps. :/ I'll update yall in another month or two if you guys want.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: livefreeorpeace, _Minsk, demuic and 2 others
I

IAmExhausted

Dec 6, 2020
Yes, severe OCD here, intrusive thoughts. They keep crawling into my life all the time, for years. It's horror.

Beside the mental stress it shows in symptoms like stomach pain.

I can't sleep properly or let's say in a healthy way. I only fall asleep when I'm literally k.o.. And the moment I wake up the spiral starts over again.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: livefreeorpeace, _Minsk and yive
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Intrusive thoughts as well as ODD here. Not fun at all.
I don't know what the solution is besides a bullet honestly, I would usually try meds but I no longer trust that shit.
Besides death to shut them off permanently, I sometimes nap or play games to ignore them.

Reactions: livefreeorpeace, _Minsk and IAmExhausted
I

IAmExhausted

Dec 6, 2020
I sometimes nap or play games to ignore them.
It's good you have the ability doing that. When I try to sleep I often wake up and have a really bad feeling inside me.

I used to watch movies to distract myself from the thoughts but for years now it doesn't work anymore.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk, Kat! and yive
U

umniak

Jan 13, 2019
Yes. I am pretty much sequestered to my room. Lost all friends and hobbies. Too afraid to die. God, just kill me quick.

• Hugs
Reactions: livefreeorpeace and _Minsk
livefreeorpeace

livefreeorpeace

Jun 14, 2020
Yes, I believe this to be my one of my main issues. The ceaseless internal dialogue is maddening, and causes my anxiety to come in waves, which in turn leads to manic depression. The only thing I've ever found that helped was high potency marijuana, unfortunately that stopped working about two years ago.

BRAINWORMS

BRAINWORMS

dust to dust
Jul 20, 2020
Yes. I'd do anything to make it stop. It's Hell.

Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
Mostly OCD related to dysmorphophobia now. Let's take a deep breath.

W

woknows

Experienced
Dec 12, 2020
It can get better. You just need the right mindset.

Dee38

Dee38

May 5, 2019
Yes, but it's all I've known since I was three years old. Over the years (I'm almost 40), I've learned to live with it, but it is still soul destroying and utterly exhausting. My anxiety greatly intensifies it. Occasionally depressive episodes have minimised symptoms (unsure as to why).

Reactions: finalexit