cherrypiegonnadie

cherrypiegonnadie

Speed up with my eyes closed.
Sep 26, 2023
I was just wondering if anyone has the same experience as I've been having for yeearsss. Like the idea and the obsession with ctb and possible methods etc. still persists even when i enter a more stable phase in life. Currently I'm feeling relatively indifferent about everything and i feel like im able to keep going for now but the obsession and the fascination about ctb is still prominent. I think so much about it without a raging desire to currently commit. I also keep reading up on possible methods and learning about ways to ctb. It's such an odd feeling. And I've had this happen everytime things got a little better. It feels like death is and will always be the center of my life even when it's not actively calling me.
And in a very odd way it's comforting??
Does anyone have similar feelings or thoughts?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: hi-okbye, willowisnotpillow, binturong and 5 others
Houkki6404

Houkki6404

しう。
Oct 10, 2023
I was just wondering if anyone has the same experience as I've been having for yeearsss. Like the idea and the obsession with ctb and possible methods etc. still persists even when i enter a more stable phase in life. Currently I'm feeling relatively indifferent about everything and i feel like im able to keep going for now but the obsession and the fascination about ctb is still prominent. I think so much about it without a raging desire to currently commit. It's such an odd feeling. And I've had this happen everytime things got a little better. It feels like death is and will always be the center of my life even when it's not actively calling me.
I guess i understand what you're feeling.
Even though you feel like you're "fine" there's still that desire for ctb right?
I've been through that, even though i was stable like a few months ago i still didn't want to be alive anymore, i wasn't like I was planning or anything it's just that the desire to not be living is still there. The problem is that when I entered a crisis state about a month ago, the desire to not be alive anymore turned into legit planning ctb ya know?
I think that's called passive suicidal ideation and it's quite dangerous cause it can easily transform into active and you'll be in the "acute risk of suicide" territory.
Still, I hope this never happens to you, I hope you can enjoy living, I hope your life turns around and that you can find peace in yourself, really.
Best wishes buddy :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, WAITING TO DIE and cherrypiegonnadie
WAITING TO DIE

WAITING TO DIE

TORMENTED
Sep 30, 2023
I've experienced a similar thing.
Even when I have periods of recovery from depression, I still think about ctb.
But, I think this may stem from my existential crisis.

• Hugs
Reactions: cherrypiegonnadie, FRUSTRATED MIND and AllCatsAreGrey
Enlighten

Enlighten

I am here for you
Sep 29, 2023
I was just wondering if anyone has the same experience as I've been having for yeearsss. Like the idea and the obsession with ctb and possible methods etc. still persists even when i enter a more stable phase in life. Currently I'm feeling relatively indifferent about everything and i feel like im able to keep going for now but the obsession and the fascination about ctb is still prominent. I think so much about it without a raging desire to currently commit. I also keep reading up on possible methods and learning about ways to ctb. It's such an odd feeling. And I've had this happen everytime things got a little better. It feels like death is and will always be the center of my life even when it's not actively calling me.
I think fascination for death is just a human thing. It's so primal and definitive that it is infinitely interesting. I hope you can at least control these feelings and not act upon them. If you ever want to talk about it, feel free to send me a DM
Best wishes

• Hugs
Reactions: cherrypiegonnadie
FRUSTRATED MIND

FRUSTRATED MIND

Student
Oct 2, 2023
I feel exactly the same. Sometimes I even question why I am still here, I believe is because I have 10% of hope that things will get better, but it's starting to get difficult 😞.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, cherrypiegonnadie and venomousSSërpent74
venomousSSërpent74

venomousSSërpent74

Oct 19, 2023
Yes actually i had a moment like that yesterday and it happens way to often except yesterday i did want to go through with it. but it's unfortunate that i didn't have the equipment for it but i guess that's also a good thing and their is also a certain way i wish to carry it out so it wouldn't have happened.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and cherrypiegonnadie
iamsofkntired

iamsofkntired

Neither death can do us apart
Sep 28, 2023
Exactly how I feel , i feel like the only purpose I have is to ctb , I day dream about how I will do it and how my body will be found and what the after life could possibly look like , it's the only thing I can think about.

• Hugs
Reactions: Chronicoverwhelm, WAITING TO DIE and cherrypiegonnadie
AllCatsAreGrey

AllCatsAreGrey

they/he
Sep 27, 2023
Yes, very much so. My current mindset seems similar to what you shared.

In recent times I'm embracing this. Directly examining and contemplating aspects of the choice while I have a more calm and rational mind feels productive to me. I want to make sure that I make an informed choice.

For me personally my idea of recovery is managing the anxiety around the subject. I'm afraid of the impulsive, irrational urge to act without consideration. I've had a few attempts that started in a dysregulated mind. The methods weren't fully considered and my actions were chaotic.

Due to this it's become very important to me to be more rational about it. For me this involves thorough planning and consideration of triggers I feel to be valid for my choice. This is best done during times when I'm more calm - and dare I say, happy.

Lately I've been really inspired by this statement from Emil Cioran: "What saved me is the idea of suicide. If it wasn't for the idea of suicide I would have killed myself." The option of suicide provides a sense of freedom, even if it's never done. (I'm still convinced it'll be my last choice. It's just choosing the time I see fit.)

This can also be seen in the fact that Dignitas in Switzerland reports that most people who are given the green light to CBT there don't actually use it. They often are relieved that the option is there. (It just goes to show that how suiciology is managed is increasing people's distress.)

---
Cioran reference:

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, twatingthroughlife, binturong and 1 other person
raltsrover

raltsrover

Ñom
Oct 14, 2023
Yea
Does anyone have similar feelings or thoug

Yes, very much so. My current mindset seems similar to what you shared.

In recent times I'm embracing this. Directly examining and contemplating aspects of the choice while I have a more calm and rational mind feels productive to me. I want to make sure that I make an informed choice.

For me personally my idea of recovery is managing the anxiety around the subject. I'm afraid of the impulsive, irrational urge to act without consideration. I've had a few attempts that started in a dysregulated mind. The methods weren't fully considered and my actions were chaotic.

Due to this it's become very important to me to be more rational about it. For me this involves thorough planning and consideration of triggers I feel to be valid for my choice. This is best done during times when I'm more calm - and dare I say, happy.

Lately I've been really inspired by this statement from Emil Cioran: "What saved me is the idea of suicide. If it wasn't for the idea of suicide I would have killed myself." The option of suicide provides a sense of freedom, even if it's never done. (I'm still convinced it'll be my last choice. It's just definitely the time I see fit.)

This can also be seen in the fact that Dignitas in Switzerland reports that most people who are given the green light to CBT there don't actually use it. They often are relieved that the option is there. (It just goes to show that how suiciology is managed is increasing people's distress.)
I'm going through something similar... I've never been depressed or been suicidal in my life, but death is so interesting (not that I desire it, I'm actually terrified of it hahaha). I guess it's just natural to be curious about the unknown.

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, cherrypiegonnadie and AllCatsAreGrey
cherrypiegonnadie

cherrypiegonnadie

Speed up with my eyes closed.
Sep 26, 2023
Exactly how I feel , i feel like the only purpose I have is to ctb , I day dream about how I will do it and how my body will be found and what the after life could possibly look like , it's the only thing I can think about.
I feel this so much. In a way i feel like im romanticizing it, because i daydream about ctb and like you too, the way i would be found, what i would write down as my goodbye note etc. it feels sick in a way but also weirdly comforting
Lately I've been really inspired by this statement from Emil Cioran: "What saved me is the idea of suicide. If it wasn't for the idea of suicide I would have killed myself." The option of suicide provides a sense of freedom, even if it's never done. (I'm still convinced it'll be my last choice. It's just choosing the time I see fit.)
In a weird way this is very moving. I had to read that twice. It's so true. Knowing that the option is there eases the mind immensely. Thank you for this! And i hope u find the sweet release that you're looking for one way or the other.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE, AllCatsAreGrey and iamsofkntired
Lookoutbelow

Lookoutbelow

Jump to it
Sep 14, 2023
When my life is going well is when I want to kill myself most. It's like ending on a good note.

• Hugs
Reactions: movinout17, WAITING TO DIE, AllCatsAreGrey and 4 others
twatingthroughlife

twatingthroughlife

I don't know what I'm doing
Sep 29, 2023
I relate a lot to this. I feel like I'll die by suicide and I know how I will do it but atm I don't feel an urgency to die. I still want to see my friends and do stuff but it comforts me that ctb is still an option and I will most likely need it, as I will have to deal with bipolar my entire time in this earth.

• Hugs
Reactions: WAITING TO DIE and cherrypiegonnadie
Chronicoverwhelm

Chronicoverwhelm

Student
Aug 13, 2022
Every bit of this sounds just like me. I've been this way most of my life.

• Hugs
ddn.ctb

ddn.ctb

Waiting to step off in front of an audience
Sep 9, 2023
I have the same mix of emotions. It fills my thoughts at times that I start planning an exit. Nevertheless when I ask myself do I want to do I'd say. I don't know. But if you ask will I do it I answer yes.

I have this strong sense that I will CTB in response to an compulsion or sudden urge to do it without ever asking do I want to. I just have that image of me hanging lifeless like a art work. That becomes the desire that needs to be fulfilled

• Hugs