Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Dear SS friends,

I want to use alt codes to write special characters on my windows 10 laptop without using the character map (so heavy to use).

But I have no numeric keypad on my computer: I only have the numbers above the letters. There is no switch as you can see on some laptops (blue numbers you can activate by the fn key). These numbers can't be used for alt-codes, using maj or caps-lock doesn't help.

Is there a way to install some driver to emulate the numeric keypad on my keyboard so that I can use the alt codes?

Switching to apple or to a keyboard with numeric keypad is out of question for money issues.

Thanks for your help.

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
What an odd issue, no idea...

@Compodulator - help!

Reactions: Kikoo Loool
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I'm guessing you want the ASCII/Unicode table?
Winkey+r (run), charmap.
If that doesn't work, dig for it manually - a thing called character map should be sitting in start\accessories.
I don't use win10 myself.

@Compodulator - help!
Ah, the good ol' days of being the "computer genius kid" of the class... :pfff:

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and one4all
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
I'm guessing you want the ASCII/Unicode table?
Winkey+r (run), charmap.
If that doesn't work, dig for it manually - a thing called character map should be sitting in start\accessories.
I don't use win10 myself.

Ah, the good ol' days of being the "computer genius kid" of the class... :pfff:

Thank you, but I precisely don't want to use the char map, it's too heavy. I was seeking jeuboard shortcuts.

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Thank you, but I precisely don't want to use the char map, it's too heavy. I was seeking jeuboard shortcuts.
Normally you would have some sort of "numpad" somewhere on your keyboard that can be used with the fn key, which would make it a sort of alt+fn+? thing.

• Aww..
Reactions: Kikoo Loool
Kikoo Loool

Kikoo Loool

Enlightened
Feb 25, 2019
Normally you would have some sort of "numpad" somewhere on your keyboard that can be used with the fn key, which would make it a sort of alt+fn+? thing.
Alas, no, here's the kind of keyboard I have (2nd pic):
Keyboard