laeloth

laeloth

Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone. Sorry if this question was already asked in some other thread. I have not found it. Is there a substantial difference in using food grade or analytical / technical (laboratory) NS? The formula is the same: NaNO2 but I don't understand the difference between one and the other. They would actually serve the same purpose, right? We are talking that both have a degree of purity greater than 98%

Thanks for the answers.

laeloth

laeloth

Nov 24, 2020
Afaik both would work as long as theyre >95% purity.
Ok, thanks, but then I don't understand the difference or the possible uses of one and the other. Well the food grade I understand is used to cure meats

watereyes

watereyes

les malheurs de lizzie
Mar 27, 2020
To be fair I don't know what else SN would be used for. I learned not so long ago that it was used to cure meat. As far as I knew before that, I thought it was only meant to be poison. I was wondering how someone could get away with selling this chemical.

Reactions: laeloth
laeloth

laeloth

Nov 24, 2020
To be fair I don't know what else SN would be used for. I learned not so long ago that it was used to cure meat. As far as I knew before that, I thought it was only meant to be poison. I was wondering how someone could get away with selling this chemical.
Thanks again. Actually the chemical compound is the same, there is no doubt, but I don't know why there are those two categories.

• Hugs
Reactions: watereyes