RedPanda

RedPanda

One day we shall be free from this mortal coil.
Jul 16, 2019
It's crazy, I'm actually productive. I'm doing stuff, I've started new hobbies that I'm actually enjoying but I know all of this is for absolutely NOTHING. What is even the point of existence?

They are just distractions...and they are working...for now. I still know that deep down inside I want to commit suicide but wow, these distractions are doing a fantastic job of keeping me preoccupied. It's quite sad that I'm only doing this for the short term.

I'm destined to take my life. You can only distract yourself for so long before your own hand has a mind of it's own and pulls the trigger.

Anyone else reliant on distractions to help for now but you know that you're still going to commit suicide?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: siray, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, Passersby and 11 others
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
Yes it is the same for me. I try to distract myself with games, reading, learning new shit, music, films and even sleep. I know eventually that these distractions will not be enough, though, and It will be time to pull the plug on my useless existence.

Reactions: RedPanda
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
But We all gonna die. Wether we plan it or not.

No one even know who still be alive tomorrow or die out of nowhere

if you can still enjoy life for now or tomorrow thats good.
If youre going to ctb whenever thats also free choice.

Last edited:
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
It's great that distractions are helping you! I think in situations like that life is a lot about distractions. But for me it's hard because I can't be easily distracted. It's my OCD that is ruining my hobbies. But if you can enjoy and forget, then take advantage of it. Who knows, maybe one day you'll discover something that will truly help you to recover.
I try to distract myself with things that give my brain some rest. Good luck!

hahabye

hahabye

always say never
Sep 14, 2019
It's crazy, I'm actually productive. I'm doing stuff, I've started new hobbies that I'm actually enjoying but I know all of this is for absolutely NOTHING. What is even the point of existence?

They are just distractions...and they are working...for now. I still know that deep down inside I want to commit suicide but wow, these distractions are doing a fantastic job of keeping me preoccupied. It's quite sad that I'm only doing this for the short term.

I'm destined to take my life. You can only distract yourself for so long before your own hand has a mind of it's own and pulls the trigger.

Anyone else reliant on distractions to help for now but you know that you're still going to commit suicide?
Glad that you found something that works!

I feel like half of my life has been an active attempt at distracting myself from my suicidal thoughts.

And even now, when my end is near, I sometimes get that teenie-tiny feeling that I might be able to continue distracting myself if I just pushed through this yet another episode of very deep low. But I can't stand the thought of coming back to this place once my distraction is ruined by any kind of inconvenience that I am just not strong enough to face.

But I wish you lots of strength and joy with your new hobbies! And I hope they'll continue working forever (or more like, as long as possible). :hug:

motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Let me share a little secret with you. The normies are 200 % reliant on distractions, they're just not aware of it

Reactions: Élégie, Death_the_kid, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life is just one big distraction really. Our true purpose and intention is to die. Everything we do is just passing time until we die. Nothing has any meaning or purpose. I am very reliant on them, I will overthink if I am not distracted by something. It doesn't always work though.

Reactions: Élégie, siray, Passersby and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020

Yes like you I'm reliant on distractions. Once in a while I realize that I'm just treading water. I do have some real interests in things and my distractions are pretty valid right now. For how much longer I can't say.

alwaysSuffering

alwaysSuffering

May 29, 2021
I relate to this completely. I spend all day with the tv on while surfing the internet or working on some kind of project just to stay busy to try to keep my mind off the things I don't want to think of. I've wasted over 10 years of my life like this. If I don't use distractions, I can deal w/ the pain of my existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Élégie
return2dreamland

return2dreamland

₊✩‧₊ ˃ᴗ˂
May 16, 2021
i've been living off distractions since october last year. sure, they're fun, but i know that it's a matter of time until i say "screw it," and die.
wishing you the best <3