eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Everything fun is expensive. Even basic human needs like medical treatment costs a lot of money. People might say it is my fault for being poor. It is hard to argue against that. Just like it is hard for them to argue against suicide.

If life is a gift for some then life must be a curse to others. Not everyone can win. If you are lucky to have a good life you shouldn't taunt people who have bad lives with empty platitudes and false hopes. I know we are the fringe of society but that does not mean our problems are less serious. The least society could do is offer us a peaceful way out.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost Magic, nan.noe, 2Min2Midnight and 15 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, I can't believe how expensive everything is!

Here in Argentina, our inflation sucks so much that you end up laughing because it's RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm overworking and this is the only way to save some money, but very little. As soon as I have some cash, I buy USD because our currency SUCKS!!!

I think life is all about random luck!

You can't choose your family nor where you're born.

Can you change things? Sure. However, most people can't.

Reactions: 2Min2Midnight, Bleh, BottomlessPit and 4 others
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
You can't choose your family nor where you're born.

Yeah it sucks. You have no control over the circumstances of your birth. Then you are expected to be grateful for a shitty life you never asked for.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Bleh, Zebedee, BottomlessPit and 7 others
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
How much more could you afford if your taxpayer dollars didn't pay for bibis israel and it's bloated occupation of Gaza ?

ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
Yes, I can't believe how expensive everything is!

Here in Argentina, our inflation sucks so much that you end up laughing because it's RIDICULOUS!!!

I'm overworking and this is the only way to save some money, but very little. As soon as I have some cash, I buy USD because our currency SUCKS!!!
This kind of reminds me of how it is here in Australia. Our quality of living is really high and we get paid lots compared to other countries, but the cost of everything is so high that it's almost impossible to save unless you're like a business owner, doctor, lawyer etc.

I was talking to a bloke from the Philippines a while back and he said that with the savings I have right now I could buy a house in a stable neighborhood. Pretty crazy considering I dont have too much savings.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and WornOutLife
nebulaz

nebulaz

Mar 11, 2021
This is the ONLY reason I want to kms. There's literally nothing else wrong with me aside from lifelong poverty. I just know it's false hope that I could ever live a comfortable life. We hear about the lucky people and the outliers but for each of those there's probably hundreds of thousands that fell through the cracks completely, like me.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic, death137 and eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
This is the ONLY reason I want to kms. There's literally nothing else wrong with me aside from lifelong poverty. I just know it's false hope that I could ever live a comfortable life. We hear about the lucky people and the outliers but for each of those there's probably hundreds of thousands that fell through the cracks completely, like me.

Health issues and poverty are my two reasons why I want to ctb. It is ridiculous that society expects us to be okay with our abhorrent living standards. They tell us about those one in a million success stories to give us false hope. Like you said for every outlier there are millions of us unlucky folks.

Why do I have to be okay or even grateful for a shitty life I never asked for? Why am I forced to work for shitty wages under the threat of starvation and homelessness? They even try to stop you if you plan on escaping. Life is like a prison work camp for people like us.

Reactions: demuic and death137
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think an peaceful way out should be a basic human right. Nobody should be forced to live a life of extreme suffering. We simply cannot prevent bad things from happening to us, many of us just end up with poor luck. Some people are disadvantaged from the start due to being born into a low income environment. Poverty can be lifelong and can make every day extremely hard. Sometimes it is better to be realistic than have false hopes.

Reactions: eternalmelancholy
eternalmelancholy

eternalmelancholy

waiting for the bus
Mar 24, 2021
Poverty can be lifelong and can make every day extremely hard. Sometimes it is better to be realistic than have false hopes.

When we are realistic about our situation we are told our thinking is wrong and fed drugs while being subjected to brainwashing (therapy). Can't have us lower class commoners ask too many questions. We have to be obedient workers with no independent thought.