• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

infinitiez

infinitiez

Sep 28, 2023
I hear people say that they feel lightheaded when they press on their carotid artery, but when I do it nothing seems to happen. Does anyone have any advice? How much force do I need to apply to test? And how do I make sure I'm pressing at the right point? I can feel the pulse when I put my fingers over it but nothing ever happens when i press on it.

Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
I hear people say that they feel lightheaded when they press on their carotid artery, but when I do it nothing seems to happen. Does anyone have any advice? How much force do I need to apply to test? And how do I make sure I'm pressing at the right point? I can feel the pulse when I put my fingers over it but nothing ever happens when i press on it.

I have a lot of trouble finding exactly the right places on my neck to press, but one thing I can tell you is that there are carotid arteries on both sides of your neck, so if you're only pressing on one of them blood can still get to your brain through the other one. So you need to press on both of them simultaneously.

PROJECT: Extase

Starlit
Jan 11, 2024
I have a lot of trouble finding exactly the right places on my neck to press, but one thing I can tell you is that there are carotid arteries on both sides of your neck, so if you're only pressing on one of them blood can still get to your brain through the other one. So you need to press on both of them simultaneously.
im pretty sure you can still pass out even if you choke only one of the two carotids. There is a choking technique taught in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu and MMA called the Von Flue choke that does this and, for having it being applied to me once, shit works.
Carotids are really annoying. They are kinda deep and hidden+are three times more resistant than the other arteries, the jugulars. You would need a good grip and flawless precision to do it with your hand. Most of the times you will choke the jugulars before the carotids and its not good at all. Try practicing by wrapping your rope in criss cross applesauce around you neck, right under the adamsapple and pull on the extremities. If you got the carotids you will know it in under 5 seconds

Last edited:
Guy Smiley

Guy Smiley

Just another lost soul
Jan 4, 2024
im pretty sure you can still pass out even if you choke only one of the two carotids. There is a choking technique taught in Brazillian Jiu Jitsu and MMA called the Von Flue choke that does this and, for having it being applied to me once, shit works.

I think the Von Flue choke does close off both carotid arteries, at least in some instances. From a BJJ website:
"The mechanism of the choke is to force the shoulder of the opponent's far arm to act as one side of the choke by angling that shoulder towards the ground while the person executing the choke drives their shoulder into the other carotid artery."

So in other words, the opponent's own shoulder presses against the carotid on one side of their neck while the shoulder of the person performing the Von Flue presses against the carotid on the other side.

Last edited:
throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
I had the same problem with not being able to feel anything. I tried with a belt instead of just my fingers and at first, i only felt blood rushing into my head, but after a few practices i felt dizzy and ready to faint. I put the belt at the back of my neck and cross it at the front to use the two ends as leverage and it words like magic!

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
You will need a lot more pressure than you think to pass out and you are more likely to be successful with a rope than your bare hands.

Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
I tried it with a rope on my door. As soon as i put my head through the loop and lay down i am going to black out. 187277 20240201 174607

Reactions: Suicidal_manlet and ronj
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
I tried it with a rope on my door. As soon as i put my head through the loop and lay down i am going to black out.View attachment 128249
Wouldn't a glass door be a bad idea? 🤔🤔🤔

The sound of shattering glass could alert someone.

Someone could see you through the glass.

Or if the glass does break, wouldn't that make the board at the top of the door weaker?

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 82921
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I tried it with a rope on my door. As soon as i put my head through the loop and lay down i am going to black out.View attachment 128249
I have also mentioned it before, that setup is not going to work and it is a brain damage waiting to happen.

Reactions: kawaiiphantom
Pardoe84

Pardoe84

Student
Jul 2, 2023
This setup was only for training. I will not do partial. I will do full hanging in the attic of my house. This will work out. I will do this at night, so neighbours in my house are not going to safe me.

Starlit
Jan 11, 2024
I think the Von Flue choke does close off both carotid arteries, at least in some instances. From a BJJ website:
"The mechanism of the choke is to force the shoulder of the opponent's far arm to act as one side of the choke by angling that shoulder towards the ground while the person executing the choke drives their shoulder into the other carotid artery."

So in other words, the opponent's own shoulder presses against the carotid on one side of their neck while the shoulder of the person performing the Von Flue presses against the carotid on the other side.
I see. When working on this technique i already choked out people without their own shoulder choking them so thats kinda weird but i guess you are right

Reactions: Guy Smiley
kawaiiphantom

kawaiiphantom

I gently open the door
Feb 1, 2024
I have also mentioned it before, that setup is not going to work and it is a brain damage waiting to happen.
Sorry to ask, I have similar set up and plan to do full suspension, I was curious why it won't work?

iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
Why is it brain damage waiting to happen? Why won't it work?

Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
If you're pressing on your carotid artery and nothing happens then you are not pressing on your carotid artery.
Curious to what you believe will happen. Not doubting you, I just want to know.

permanently tired

permanently tired

Flying too high
Nov 8, 2023
I never felt anything when I used my hands. I felt some disorientation and numbness when I used a rope

greatgooglymoogly

greatgooglymoogly

Dec 1, 2023
I had trouble finding mine as well but when I made my half assed partial attempt with a belt in a door, I freaked out because I started going dark without even realizing I was compressing the carotid. Since then I have tried finding it with my hands and had more success - I kinda just started doing it more aggressively than just feeling around and pressing. Positioned my hands more like I was someoen else trying to choke me violently and then I found the spot and could do it normally with my hands.

Reactions: ScoreCard
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
@kawaiiphantom @kawaiiphantom @iusedtobehappy @Abyssal
In order for a door setup to work for full suspension the rope needs to be securely tied up (preferably not just wrapped around) on the door handle (opposite of where you hang) and pass the rope end over to the other side and lock the door. Closing and locking the door insures that not only wouldn't the door be just flopping around but also the rope wouldn't just slide off the door edge under convulsions after unconsciousness. I don't see a way to close that door in the picture let alone lock it.

We were discussing it with op in pm sorry I didn't bother to post it here.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, iusedtobehappy and Abyssal
iusedtobehappy

iusedtobehappy

Experienced
Dec 2, 2023
@kawaiiphantom @kawaiiphantom @iusedtobehappy @Abyssal
In order for a door setup to work for full suspension the rope needs to be securely tied up (preferably not just wrapped around) on the door handle (opposite of where you hang) and pass the rope end over to the other side and lock the door. Closing and locking the door insures that not only wouldn't the door be just flopping around but also the rope wouldn't just slide off the door edge under convulsions after unconsciousness. I don't see a way to close that door in the picture let alone lock it.

We were discussing it with op in pm sorry I didn't bother to post it here.
Thank you. So it could be ok if the door is locked. If his door (in pic) could close and lock would his setup then be ok?

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Thank you. So it could be ok if the door is locked. If his door (in pic) could close and lock would his setup then be ok?
My educated guess is yes it would work but the thickness of the rope especially on the handle would make it impossible to close the door.