L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I saw several news reports this morning about a woman who claimed her avatar was "virtually raped" in Facebook's "metaverse". You can't make this stuff up. I wonder what would happen if you caught the bus in the metaverse. Perhaps some members of Meta could give us a report.

As for me, the mere fact that such an abomination exists is just one more reason to leave this world.

TheLastFemaphrodyke

TheLastFemaphrodyke

Student
May 25, 2022
I quit facebook almost 10 years ago and have never looked back, they may have changed their name, to Meta, but they are NOT fooling me. Yes, an abomination on one hand, and yet, in truth, nothing more than 'entertainment', like watching a movie or a tv show, only a little more real. I wonder, when we find this life to be nothing more than a game, will rape and murder then become acceptable in in this 'meta' as well?

Reactions: Ligottian
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I quit facebook almost 10 years ago and have never looked back, they may have changed their name, to Meta, but they are NOT fooling me. Yes, an abomination on one hand, and yet, in truth, nothing more than 'entertainment', like watching a movie or a tv show, only a little more real. I wonder, when we find this life to be nothing more than a game, will rape and murder then become acceptable in in this 'meta' as well?
Your world is already half video hallucination. If your not careful, it will become total hallucination.
-Professor Brian Oblivion, Videodrome (1983)

I've haven't seen a movie in a theater in over 15 years, but I may check out Cronenberg's Crimes of the Future after it is released this week.

• Love
Reactions: TheLastFemaphrodyke