Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
As I've been preparing to ctb I've been doing some writing. It started with a short note that I mentioned in my previous thread, a mix of a plea to anyone who might find me too soon to not call for help (This shouldn't happen because I'm going so early, but it is in a public park, so some risk is still there.) and a message to any pro-lifers who might read it. I ended up writing a second longer note to get out everything I wanted to say. I feel like there is more I want to say, but my mind is now drawing a blank. If I happen to think of anything more tonight I'll add it, otherwise this will be it. I sent them to my iPad and took screenshots, so they'll be in my camera roll. It was the easiest way to do it with how the text is formatted, and I figure that way they should find the second one easily too.

Please don't judge too harshly. I'm not great with words, and especially right now it's hard for me to put my thoughts together, but I think I got my point across well enough.

This is the first, shorter note:

If you find me before I'm dead please read this before you think about calling 911.

If you want to help me, let me go. What right does any person have to say what another person can or can't do with their life? I did not ask to be born into a messed up world just to live a life of suffering. I had no say in the matter. Nobody does. We're expected to live a life full of emotional pain and are told that we're selfish for wanting to end it. Is it not selfish to expect someone to suffer everyday just to make you happy?

And the second longer note:

I fucking hate pro-lifers. What makes them think they're entitled to tell anyone what they can do with their life? We know ourselves and what we can handle better than anyone else. I know what I can and can't handle, and I can't handle what life is throwing at me. My anxiety is fucking unbearable, but does anyone care? Of course not. All that matters is that I'm in their life, and pretending that everything is just fine. Well fuck that. I'm done trying to make everyone else happy. It's time to do what's best for me. I should've done this a long time ago. Honestly what's so wrong with the idea of suicide? What's so bad about someone finally ending their suffering, whether that be physical or mental? You should be happy that they've found peace.

Then there's the judgement, the "You're life isn't that bad" and "Other people have it worse than you" bullshit. Why do people think they have the right to judge other people's lives as if there's some kind of scale and everyone's mental/physical pain tolerance is the same?

I will be perfectly clear here - I am 100% pro-choice. No I don't believe that suicide should be anyone's first choice. I believe they should seek help, and try everything they can to make their situation better. I have done this. I have tried different types of therapy and medications, done my own research on coping skills, etc. I believe that if a person has exhausted all other options and is a competent adult, fully aware of what they are doing and the finality of the action, that they should be allowed to end their life, and with it their pain and suffering.

-------------------------
As I said I'm not great with words, but I think it's ok. It did feel good to get it all out, and just maybe it'll change someone's views; probably not but whatever. I thought about deleting them. Maybe whoever reads it will just think I'm crazy. Oh well, I can't think anymore so I'm done debating whether or not it's a good idea; I'm going with my original plan and leaving them to be found. I know my family likely won't see them for a long time, possibly never. Part of me hopes they don't. I handwrote separate notes to my mom and dad, and will leave them somewhere in my bedroom.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Busdriver, aminend and 9 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I never bullshit. I don't lie to make people feel good, not even a little bit. I'm also a highly trained in writing and editing a variety of genres, including journalism, technical writing, poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction. I don't edit my own writing much on the forum, but I have wicked editing skills. This isn't ego. You know what you are and aren't capable of; I know the same about myself.

Both letters were succinct, clear, and perfect.

You were fucking great with words.

I would not change one single thing even as an editor. It's already perfect.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Symbiote, Despondent and 1 other person
Sugar_Cookie21

Sugar_Cookie21

The world is a vampire
Jul 11, 2020
both notes end up good, but i recommend you putting more emphasis on the part were you say what you are feeling, otherwise people will think you were just desperate or smth

Despondent

Despondent

Archangel
Dec 20, 2019
I never bullshit. I don't lie to make people feel good, not even a little bit. I'm also a highly trained in writing and editing a variety of genres, including journalism, technical writing, poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction. I don't edit my own writing much on the forum, but I have wicked editing skills. This isn't ego. You know what you are and aren't capable of; I know the same about myself.

That's so sweet of you to say :heart: With seeing you around the forum, I really can tell that writing is your specialty. You really do have a good way of saying things to the point, in an intellectual manner.

And OP, I think you wrote both letters amazingly :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: GoodPersonEffed
A

andresantosfx

Jul 1, 2020
As I've been preparing to ctb I've been doing some writing. It started with a short note that I mentioned in my previous thread, a mix of a plea to anyone who might find me too soon to not call for help (This shouldn't happen because I'm going so early, but it is in a public park, so some risk is still there.) and a message to any pro-lifers who might read it. I ended up writing a second longer note to get out everything I wanted to say. I feel like there is more I want to say, but my mind is now drawing a blank. If I happen to think of anything more tonight I'll add it, otherwise this will be it. I sent them to my iPad and took screenshots, so they'll be in my camera roll. It was the easiest way to do it with how the text is formatted, and I figure that way they should find the second one easily too.

Please don't judge too harshly. I'm not great with words, and especially right now it's hard for me to put my thoughts together, but I think I got my point across well enough.

This is the first, shorter note:

If you find me before I'm dead please read this before you think about calling 911.

If you want to help me, let me go. What right does any person have to say what another person can or can't do with their life? I did not ask to be born into a messed up world just to live a life of suffering. I had no say in the matter. Nobody does. We're expected to live a life full of emotional pain and are told that we're selfish for wanting to end it. Is it not selfish to expect someone to suffer everyday just to make you happy?

And the second longer note:

I fucking hate pro-lifers. What makes them think they're entitled to tell anyone what they can do with their life? We know ourselves and what we can handle better than anyone else. I know what I can and can't handle, and I can't handle what life is throwing at me. My anxiety is fucking unbearable, but does anyone care? Of course not. All that matters is that I'm in their life, and pretending that everything is just fine. Well fuck that. I'm done trying to make everyone else happy. It's time to do what's best for me. I should've done this a long time ago. Honestly what's so wrong with the idea of suicide? What's so bad about someone finally ending their suffering, whether that be physical or mental? You should be happy that they've found peace.

Then there's the judgement, the "You're life isn't that bad" and "Other people have it worse than you" bullshit. Why do people think they have the right to judge other people's lives as if there's some kind of scale and everyone's mental/physical pain tolerance is the same?

I will be perfectly clear here - I am 100% pro-choice. No I don't believe that suicide should be anyone's first choice. I believe they should seek help, and try everything they can to make their situation better. I have done this. I have tried different types of therapy and medications, done my own research on coping skills, etc. I believe that if a person has exhausted all other options and is a competent adult, fully aware of what they are doing and the finality of the action, that they should be allowed to end their life, and with it their pain and suffering.

-------------------------
As I said I'm not great with words, but I think it's ok. It did feel good to get it all out, and just maybe it'll change someone's views; probably not but whatever. I thought about deleting them. Maybe whoever reads it will just think I'm crazy. Oh well, I can't think anymore so I'm done debating whether or not it's a good idea; I'm going with my original plan and leaving them to be found. I know my family likely won't see them for a long time, possibly never. Part of me hopes they don't. I handwrote separate notes to my mom and dad, and will leave them somewhere in my bedroom.

I couldn't agree more with your words, they describe not just your feelings, but the feelings of a lot of people here. I wish I could give u a hug and say we are together fighting for our right to choose what to do with our lives. I wish you love and peace.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I think your second note is more thorough and drives the point home very well. If you need to amend it anyhow or have any additional remarks or thoughts to add to it, feel free to as it's your final message to the people around you and to the world in general.

ReallySillyOtter

ReallySillyOtter

Will commit suicide or die tryin’.
Jun 20, 2020
These are both powerful, thoughtful, thought provoking notes. At the risk of sounding like a pedantic dickhead:

Then there's the judgement, the "You're life isn't that bad"

Should be "Your life isn't that bad".

Reactions: Disco Biscuit
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
These are both powerful, thoughtful, thought provoking notes. At the risk of sounding like a pedantic dickhead:

Should be "Your life isn't that bad".
Thank you. This would've bugged me if I'd noticed it after it's too late to edit. I'll change it now before I forget.

Thank you so much. This means a lot.
I think your second note is more thorough and drives the point home very well. If you need to amend it anyhow or have any additional remarks or thoughts to add to it, feel free to as it's your final message to the people around you and to the world in general.
Thank you. This is what I was hoping for with the second note, as I was trying to keep the first one as short as possible.
I couldn't agree more with your words, they describe not just your feelings, but the feelings of a lot of people here. I wish I could give u a hug and say we are together fighting for our right to choose what to do with our lives. I wish you love and peace.
Thank you <3
That's so sweet of you to say :heart: With seeing you around the forum, I really can tell that writing is your specialty. You really do have a good way of saying things to the point, in an intellectual manner.

And OP, I think you wrote both letters amazingly :hug:
Thank you.
both notes end up good, but i recommend you putting more emphasis on the part were you say what you are feeling, otherwise people will think you were just desperate or smth
Thank you. I'll try to add some more about that.

Last edited: