catwalk

catwalk

Nov 12, 2018
Anybody else simply do not want help?

I feel as I was doomed from the beginning and there's no help that could actually help me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, beetlejuiceahh, A_miStake_of_NATURE and 19 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Have you tried therapy and medication? I mean, it works for many people but sadly not for all of us... I understand you but I would still try before ctb'ing.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal, NodusTollens, Ghost2211 and 5 others
catwalk

catwalk

Nov 12, 2018
Have you tried therapy and medication? I mean, it works for many people but sadly not for all of us... I understand you but I would still try before ctb'ing.
I have not and as I said above - I don't want to.

Although maybe if I did try it then it'd actually work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, botanormal, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 7 others
J

justsad&done

Visionary
Nov 11, 2020
I think this all the time. Therapy, no. Medication, no. These things will not change what has happened to me. There is no help.

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal, demuic, Midnight-rain and 4 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
I have not and as I said above - I don't want to.

Although maybe if I did try it then it'd actually work.
I would recommend doing it. I mean, it's obviously up to you and it's fine if you don't want to but I would literally do everything just to have a normal life again...

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal, NodusTollens, x~Sophia~x and 2 others
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I was in the same mindframe, utterly alone for many (18) years. What pushed me to find help was that my self harming got so bad that I scared myself into doing something about my situation.

I know feeling so bad can almost be comforting because it is familiar and you don't know how things might be if they were different. So it might be that you stay in the place you're in until something changes.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal, Myforevercharlie and catwalk
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I think you should give it a try, you are welcome to refuse any medications or therapies you do not want. I have taken pretty much every class of psych drugs except anti-psychotics and was firm about it even when pdocs tried to manipulate and lie to me about the potential side effects. To this day I have managed to dodge being forced on APs. You have autonomy when it comes to your body, so if you find the help to be, well, unhelpful, you don't have to continue with it. But I think that it is worth giving medication a shot, especially if your struggles are focus/concentration related in some aspects. While I was not helped by ADHD drugs, I know many others have been. I'm generally skeptical about psych meds due to my own experiences, but if you've never taken any, consider it a useful experiment.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal
M

Midnight-rain

Student
Jan 1, 2020
Not doomed from the start, no, but after a few years of therapy and two unsuccessful attempts to try ADs I have no interest in getting "help" that'll unnecessarily extend my life. I know it's not much but I don't care. I'll kill myself and be glad I did.

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal, demuic and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
_Kaira_

_Kaira_

This Isn't Fine
Oct 2, 2020
I used to want 'help'. Now that I'm getting it, every day I'm starting to care less and less. It's not working anyway.
The only thing I am succeeding in doing going to
professionals and taking meds, is triggering anxiety, panic attacks and making myself sick (meds I recently got put on is f*cking me up) .

• Hugs
Reactions: Midnight-rain, botanormal, SmellyRat and 1 other person
Throwmyselfaway

Throwmyselfaway

Not gone yet but soon
Jan 14, 2020
I've had horrible experiences with therapists (several). I was dependent on Prozac for decades. I took myself off of it for financial reasons. I've tried but help hasn't worked for me

• Love
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
I refuse to be on antidepressants ever again. I do want to go on a stimulant to see if I can regain the ability to focus on anything to make life more bearable while I'm still alive. Therapy I think I might try again just to have someone to vent to for as long as I'm covered by my parent's insurance.

• Love
Reactions: botanormal, _Kaira_, SmellyRat and 1 other person
SuicideAwaits

SuicideAwaits

Nov 8, 2020
I feel the same way. I've tried getting help through either therapy, meds, or family and friends. While it did help me a little bit, it didn't cure me. I no longer want to get help if I can't be cured and since that's impossible for anyone to do, including myself, I have given up on help.

• Hugs
Reactions: botanormal, catwalk and demuic
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
Personal experience is meds and mental health professionals at best do no harm... at their very best.

• Love
B

BrokenBelt

Dec 1, 2020
I think sometimes we don't realise we need help, or we don't feel like we can be helped. It feels like we know the answer. Why do we need help if we know the answer?

Yet we ask the question anyway. We might phrase it differently but we ask - either here or to our friends/relatives. I know I did when I posted on here - mine might read like a story but I was asking for help, if I'm honest with myself.

I think the fact that we say something, anything (whether it's a question, a statement or, as in my case, as story) it means we want help. I think it means we don't really like our own answers. Asking for help is hard and so we don't always do it in direct and obvious ways. Besides, if you don't know what it is that you want... how can you ask the question? How can you be helped if you don't know what help you need? All you have is this.... feeling.

Getting help is hard. It's hard to ask. It's hard to know what to ask. It's even harder to acknowledge to yourself that you even want help. Acknowledging that you want help is the first step, and that takes a lot of self honesty, it's tough. Then when you start, there can be knock backs. It can be hard to find the right help, sometimes it doesn't work for you and you need to start over (right therapist, right medication) It's hard work too. Nobody can give you answers, inject you with happiness and send you on your way. You need to look inside yourself, be prepared to be honest with yourself, be prepared to change even. People can only support and guide, it's you that does the hard work because, hopefully, it's you that wants to do it.

If you listen to yourself, to your own words, you can hear yourself. You can hear want you want and you can hear what you don't want. It takes honesty but that's when help starts. You take the first step by accepting that you need help.

Nobody is doomed. I know it can seem like it. And I know that, sure, some have it tough/tougher than others - but nobody is doomed.

cytokinestorm

cytokinestorm

Apr 19, 2020
I'm beyond help. I'm autistic and adhd, CPTSD after being tortured whilst in care as a kid, depression, loads of life trauma, death etc. Past reads like a horror show. Mother a diagnosed psychopath, dead now thankfully.

I'm fundamentally an unlikeable person and anyone who might try to help will be antagonised after a few minutes because I don't trust anyone and my hostility shows.

Can't access proper meds or afford adhd meds. I'm 50 and I've had enough now.

• Hugs
Reactions: Kassender, demuic, botanormal and 1 other person
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I've tried therapy and meds... still am trying meds and therapy. But I feel like I can't be helped as therapy and meds havnt helped me much.

• Love
yive

yive

life is evil
Nov 6, 2020
yes, i don't need help too. only death can help me

• Love
Reactions: demuic and botanormal
nerve

nerve

fat cringey shut-in
Jun 19, 2019
I'd love an appropriate level of help beyond weekly therapy / med management, I just don't have the energy or desire to fight for it anymore.

• Love
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
I'd love an appropriate level of help beyond weekly therapy / med management, I just don't have the energy or desire to fight for it anymore.
Same here, it doesn't seem to exist tho :(

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: botanormal and nerve
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
As much as I desire someone to help me, I realize there is no one that can deal with my problems and that I am the only one that has to help myself because no one can offer me the right amount of therapy every day. I can look into outside opinions to gain perspective, but it's up to me to act on it.

shijsrzh

shijsrzh

Deluded Moron
Dec 2, 2020
I was reluctant at first.
I will never take meds, I will never see a professional, I don't need it, bla bla bla....... These were the things I used to say. Then there was a change of heart. Mostly because I just gave up resisting. Long story short: 9 years of every possible combination of psychotropic drugs, - with a personal record of ten different pills per day during the worst times - seeing about 4 different psychotherapists over the years and 3 long-time stays in mental hospitals didn't help. At all. These so-called "professionals" only ever deepened my problems and the damage the pills did over the years is probably incalculable.
Anyway, I can say with confidence that no one needs pills or professional help, for the answer lies within YOU. The only person that can heal yourself IS yourself. I found that out after I had what in Japanese Buddhism is called "Kensho". A glimpse of complete self-realization and surrender to reality. The "real reality".
Sadly, my awakening should soon become my downfall. I had a glimpse of something that cannot be described in words. The ground of being so to speak. It healed the 9 years of depression in an instant. And I was free from it for a short while.... But that is another story.

The bottom line is: Professionals are a joke most of the time and pills never help anyone. To think that humans still presume they can devise some pills which they honestly believe to cure mental diseases. Or even help when the mechanisms (brain) one is dealing with are infinitely more complex than we can apprehend even to this day. Pills are like a child's painting compared to the complexity of the brain. And professionals. Well, all they ever do is stigmatize, categorize, not
really listen and further cultivate a sense of guilt in you. Then they send you off to do this and do that.... All of that goes on and on ad infinitum.

But as for trying: It is always better to try first. So I would do it if I were you. Might just be my particular case that didn't work out.

Last edited:
Reactions: AltFoxx, Spitfire and KuriGohan&Kamehameha
http-410

http-410

nowhere
Sep 12, 2020
I think this is an interesting topic.

In my opinion it's okay to refuse help. Everyone can and should decide for themselves. But sometimes the decision is taken away from you, for example if you're born in the "wrong" country, family etc. or the circumstances are too complicated to get help, or one already tried a lot of treatments. I think there are indeed people who are doomed.

If one has the chances to get help, they could try it. No one is forcing them (if they're not in acute "danger"). But why refusing help, if one didn't even try it.

On the other hand and idk if this comparison is a bit harsh, there are people who are terminally ill and no longer want treatment. Why should it be different / less acceptable for mentally ill people?

I tried to get help and I'm still trying to some extent, but I can't and won't try everything under the sun. There are treatment options that are probably more damaging in the long run. I don't know what happens if my current treatment fails and I'm not very optimistic. There may be other possibilites, but in the end it's too exhausting and a waste of time to try it all.

Rejecting help and suicide as a result is and will be always an option for me.

Last edited:
Lilmeowssi

Lilmeowssi

I just want peace
Sep 6, 2019
Nah I really don't want any help. I feel like everyone around me would just judge me for what I am thinking and feeling. They will probably hate me even more.

Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Help that would actually improve my life would be nice, but I'm quite confident that there is nothing that would work for me. My experience with a psychiatrist and with medication was awful, and is something I regret even trying. Now I know to steer clear of anyone offering "help". Well, if someone had some N for me, that would be extremely helpful...

Reactions: AltFoxx
AltFoxx

AltFoxx

Nov 27, 2020
I can't help shake the feeling that any help would be useless for me. Of course if it could change my being, how I can function. Well there's no harm in trying at least while I'm still breathing

R

RepressedMind

Miss the full ability to think
Apr 24, 2020
For quite some time I thought that I could deal with my demons all alone and kept thinking that until I had a complete mental breakdown. Accepting help is what allowed me to recover.

LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
The type of help I want and need is not available to me. If it was, I would take it. Others may claim I never wanted help but they would be referring to their definition of "help" which is in fact harmful, and the very opposite of helpful to me.

Rn110bg101

Rn110bg101

I want to go home
Apr 18, 2019
I can relate. Sometimes I feel like if I had decades available, money and any more energy, maybe I could find a therapist that would be good enough to do anything… Unfortunately I don't have any of these things—no money, no energy and certainly don't want to spend decades fixing what could be fixed in the minutes it takes to drink SN.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ἡγησίας
ShutUpEli

ShutUpEli

I'm sorry
Apr 6, 2021
It's not that I don't want help, I'm just tired of people offering it and then not helping lol. Each and every time I've been on meds or in therapy my situation and feelings don't change.