G

gone-with-the-wind

Jun 8, 2019
Here's something I really don't understand. I don't get messages or texts from people. I don't get invited to hang out, people don't spend time with me on a social level. People ignore my texts. I see my support workers and sports team but that's about it. But when I say I don't want to exist, everyone claims that so many people would be devastated to lose me. If that's the case then maybe they should actually make an effort to see or talk to me. They can't put that on me and tell me I have to stay and not hurt their feelings when they never see or talk to me.
Anyway I decided to try prove a point and count how many days go by without anyone messaging or asking to hang out. So far, since I started counting, it's been almost a week and people haven't noticed that I deactivated one of my social media platforms.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Shadowrider, Élégie and 13 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
Here's something I really don't understand. I don't get messages or texts from people. I don't get invited to hang out, people don't spend time with me on a social level. People ignore my texts. I see my support workers and sports team but that's about it. But when I say I don't want to exist, everyone claims that so many people would be devastated to lose me. If that's the case then maybe they should actually make an effort to see or talk to me. They can't put that on me and tell me I have to stay and not hurt their feelings when they never see or talk to me.
Anyway I decided to try prove a point and count how many days go by without anyone messaging or asking to hang out. So far, since I started counting, it's been almost a week and people haven't noticed that I deactivated one of my social media platforms.
Same here.

I deleted my social media accounts a long time ago, and Noone really cares.
I used to talk with 2-3 people , and now I'm just alone . Zero local and online friends. they just pretend to care, at the end you suffer alone and die alone. I'm so hurt and feeling so down .

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Shadowrider, Élégie and 6 others
not-2-b-the-answer

not-2-b-the-answer

Archangel
Mar 23, 2018
I totally get it. If I don't text my friends, I usually don't hear from them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Shadowrider, FuneralCry and 3 others
G

gone-with-the-wind

Jun 8, 2019
  • Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Shadowrider, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I think this has happened loads of times when people have ctb. The person dies and all of a sudden they start paying attention and make it out like they cared so much. It is mostly to make themselves feel better. I'm sorry you have to go through this. People can be so hypocritical.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Shadowrider, Élégie and 3 others
nopointofliving

nopointofliving

Warrior
Apr 19, 2021
I think this has happened loads of times when people have ctb. The person dies and all of a sudden they start paying attention and make it out like they cared so much. It is mostly to make themselves feel better. I'm sorry you have to go through this. People can be so hypocritical.
And they were nowhere where we were suffering.... just talking, pretending to care....

Reactions: Darkdreamer001, demuic and gone-with-the-wind
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yeah, people love giving you the typical speech of: "You really matter. Don't do it. Your life is precious." but the truth is that most of them don't give a damn about us.

• Hugs
Reactions: Darkdreamer001, Shadowrider, Élégie and 4 others
B

BlankUser

Mage
Apr 24, 2021
Yep. I have a very similar feeling when it comes to my father. He almost never contacts me, almost never texts me, never asks me how I'm doing, shows no interest in my life at all... And when I was devastated and said to him that I don't want to live, he was like "If you don't want to live for yourself then live for other people". Yeah, he meant that I should live for him. But why??? Why should I live for him when he does nothing to help make my life worth living? I didn't ask to be born, and he gave me a bare minimum... My parents traumatized me. I think people want you to live because it's convenient to them, they like to know that you exist, and they don't want to burden themselves thinking anything negative. They don't want to know why you don't want to live. It takes too much effort for them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Shadowrider, demuic, Deadlyroses and 2 others
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
People on social media often just parrot whatever they are told by others, or repost something from another person. The content that you might see relating to suicide awareness is thrown around aimlessly without any thought about the actual goal behind the movement. They do not really care about raising awareness, or those suicidal individuals out in the world, but posting about it can increase a persons social image online. Just like Gay Pride: everything will be forgotten and go back to normal after a few hours/days/weeks.

Oh. They will be devastated to lose you? Well instead they should feel upset while you are alive, right now, and not after you are deceased. If the people who you are talking about do actually care about you: then they should use this as an opportunity to reignite any connections that they had with you before - while the chance is still there. If they do not wish to lose you - they should not throw you away. Also...

Relationships are supposed to work both ways. If you put in the effort of maintaining a connection with somebody else, and they do not try to do the same, then that is not a good sign - generally. It could - not always - but could indicate that they do not wish to be a part of your life anymore. If this turns out to be true in your situation: then you do not have an obligation to keep yourself alive for other people who do not care about you; to think the opposite would be hypocritical on their part.

• Love
Reactions: Shadowrider, gone-with-the-wind, demuic and 1 other person