penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
I'm not sure what to make of my parents and what kind of relationship I should have with them.

For the first 17 years of my life, I had a satisfactory relationship with them. We were essentially like coworkers and talked about education and work a lot.

Then I started getting depressed (I'd always been, but severely). The relationship really soured and I have amnesia from that time, but I do remember my parents yelling and being unsupportive of mental health.

I developed a fear of them and I'm not completely sure why, but my body rejects them and is disgusted just by hearing their voices.

HOWEVER right now that I'm gone for university across the country they are being nice to me, praising me for my accomplishments, and paying all my tuition. And rewarding me with cash (they're rich). I'm not sure what to make of this. Were they actually nice this whole time and I'm delusional? Has anyone shared this experience?

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Demian
Demian

Demian

Student
Mar 25, 2024
I didn't go through that situation. What I can say is that people I know have been through it too. Many got over it after finding a partner and building a new family.

But people change. Maybe your parents have changed for the better.

Take advantage of the opportunity you have to study.

I wish you all the best.