Mooshi

Mooshi

Across space and across time, I will be there.
Jan 13, 2020
I'm currently not sleeping because if I don't go to sleep, then I won't have to face tomorrow as soon. I dread every next day, especially lately. The thought of having to wake up and do this all over again is awful, so I stay awake to try and avoid tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sleeping. It's one of my favorite things. I just HATE waking up. As soon as I wake up it's just instant dread and anxiety.

I just wanna ctb alreadyyy, I'm so sick and tired of all of this :ehh:

Does anyone else feel this?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Hopeindeath!, whywere and 26 others
PartingGlass

PartingGlass

Dec 26, 2019
I do it every day. Hell, I'm doin it right now.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, Stick and 4 others
L

littlered1497

Oct 7, 2020
yes everyday. have you chose a method?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Mooshi
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I know it's probably tough but you should try to sleep. Staying awake has a possibility of only making it worse :hug::heart:

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Stick, voyager and 3 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I know it's probably tough but you should try to sleep. Staying awake has a possibility of only making it worse :hug::heart:
It does if you can't sleep, that's something else. If you can tolerate it while you are up I say go for it. It's what I do for the same reason

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Stick and Mooshi
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
Totally relate. Sometimes I don't like going to sleep because of nightmares also. Reality is better than what I dream at times.
Im like you though I like sleeping. I'm so good at it, I coukd do it with my eyes closed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, x~Sophia~x and 3 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
But morning is inevitable.

Why not face the new day's challenges well-rested and with greater clarity?

(In full disclosure, I'm typing this at 4:05 in the morning, having not yet slept.)

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Myforevercharlie and Mooshi
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
But surely 8 hours sleep gives you peace and quiet than 8 hours awake with your thoughts, sleep is like holiday from your brain, body and facing daily life.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, watsonsmith, Myforevercharlie and 3 others
Mooshi

Mooshi

Jan 13, 2020
But morning is inevitable.

Why not face the new day's challenges well-rested and with greater clarity?

(In full disclosure, I'm typing this at 4:05 in the morning, having not yet slept.)

I'm always tired everyday anyways.. just procrastination I guess

But surely 8 hours sleep gives you peace and quiet than 8 hours awake with your thoughts, sleep is like holiday from your brain, body and facing daily life.

Yeah that's true, I just really hate waking up so I procrastinate

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
happiestman

happiestman

May 8, 2020
Yup. wakeup time is always horrible, negative thoughts at peak this time. but sleep more is better? to stay away from this world and to get break from hell of thoughts?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, Stick and 1 other person
Mooshi

Mooshi

Jan 13, 2020
Yup. wakeup time is always horrible, negative thoughts at peak this time. but sleep more is better? to stay away from this world and to get break from hell of thoughts?

Yeah.. sleep is better. I just hate the morning dread

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and whywere
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I am terrible about this on work days. The sooner I sleep, the sooner I wake up and have to go back... delaying the inevitable.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, Mooshi and 1 other person
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
Yeah, it's been a strategy of mine from the very start of my depression years ago, I'd "prolong" my Saturdays as much as possible by not sleeping.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mooshi and Stick
Stick

Stick

Experienced
Aug 31, 2020
I don't know why, but I get you. I always feel so much worse a few hours of waking up, but then I get used to it and am able to feel better. There's just something... wrong feeling about the start of the day, I'm always just disappointed at waking up. I feel like this whether I wake up at 6 am or 1 in the afternoon; I want to avoid the first few hours after waking up as long as I can.

• Hugs
  • Love
Busdriver

Busdriver

Mage
Feb 11, 2020
I'm currently not sleeping because if I don't go to sleep, then I won't have to face tomorrow as soon. I dread every next day, especially lately. The thought of having to wake up and do this all over again is awful, so I stay awake to try and avoid tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE sleeping. It's one of my favorite things. I just HATE waking up. As soon as I wake up it's just instant dread and anxiety.

THIS!! EXACTLY WHAT YOU WROTE, is what I experience too!
Insomnia, because if you sleep you have to face next day its dreadful tasks, which gives anger, frustration, anxiety, and sadness. To postpone next day, your brain wants to stay awake!

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, Mooshi and 2 others
M

MariV

Arcanist
Sep 13, 2020
I don't know why, but I get you. I always feel so much worse a few hours of waking up, but then I get used to it and am able to feel better. There's just something... wrong feeling about the start of the day, I'm always just disappointed at waking up. I feel like this whether I wake up at 6 am or 1 in the afternoon; I want to avoid the first few hours after waking up as long as I can.
exactly the same here.i hate so much waking up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, Mooshi and 2 others
Mooshi

Mooshi

Jan 13, 2020

Yep.. me too.

THIS!! EXACTLY WHAT YOU WROTE, is what I experience too!
Insomnia, because if you sleep you have to face next day its dreadful tasks, which gives anger, frustration, anxiety, and sadness. To postpone next day, your brain wants to stay awake!

Yup, exactly!

• Hugs
voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Yep started doing this again recently. I usually fall asleep around 1-3am and don't get up for the first time until 11am-noon. As soon as I wake up I'm like damnit, still alive again.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, Madame Psychosis and 3 others
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Yes, alot. I have deep depression and it makes every morning/day hell. BUT..BUT, then I come on here, ss, and can talk and react to others and it makes my existence much more liveable. I know where you are coming from it is sucks. But, maybe, just maybe trying remembering something good or pleasant might help. Also remember that we are here for each other AND YOU! All the love and peace in the world to you and hopefully a good nights rest!!!!!:heart::hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mooshi and Stick
grey_light

grey_light

Sep 26, 2020
I've done this for weeks at a time, yeah. Tomorrow is terrifying

• Aww..
YellowSneakers

YellowSneakers

Aug 2, 2020
Absolutely. The thought of having to face yet another day with chronic illness is daunting. There will be no change. There is no getting better. Just pain & anxiety every day. Over & over & over. It's all a blur of pain. Days turn into weeks & weeks turn into months & months turn into years of the same thing.
Going to sleep means having to do it all again. A torture chamber that is my existence.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, whywere, GreenTree and 3 others
Mooshi

Mooshi

Jan 13, 2020
Yes, alot. I have deep depression and it makes every morning/day hell. BUT..BUT, then I come on here, ss, and can talk and react to others and it makes my existence much more liveable. I know where you are coming from it is sucks. But, maybe, just maybe trying remembering something good or pleasant might help. Also remember that we are here for each other AND YOU! All the love and peace in the world to you and hopefully a good nights rest!!!!!:heart::hug:

Thank you.. :heart: I hope you get a good nights rest as well.

Absolutely. The thought of having to face yet another day with chronic illness is daunting. There will be no change. There is no getting better. Just pain & anxiety every day. Over & over & over. It's all a blur of pain. Days turn into weeks & weeks turn into months & months turn into years of the same thing.
Going to sleep means having to do it all again. A torture chamber that is my existence.

Mmhm, I feel the same.. It would be awesome if I could just go to sleep and never wake up.

• Love
  • Hugs
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018

It´s currently 4:20am where I live but I am only up this late because I can´t sleep it takes me forever to fall asleep and I refuse to go to bed before my first yawn because if refuse to lie there for hours trying to fall asleep when I know it won´t happen because I am not tired.

But sleeping or rather dreaming is the best part of the day especially vivid dreams even if it´s just something small like hanging out with old friends since I have none and physical or mental illnesses doesn´t exist in dreams so it´s like a break from the suffering I go through every day and we spend 1/3 of our lives sleeping so I am just trying to focus on that 1/3 since I have spend nearly half my life trying to fix my problems and the chronic ones can´t be fixed and all these illnesses are just getting worse so I hope I will have a lovely vivid dream tonight. But I agree it´s hard waking up to reality especially when you dream felt so real and it takes a few seconds to process that it was just a dream.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mooshi, whywere and 1 other person
Forgotten

Forgotten

Student
Aug 19, 2020
Yes, I used to do this quite often, these days I just have extreme insomnia and can't sleep, but the next day is always terrifying.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mooshi, whywere and 1 other person