spiderwbs

spiderwbs

Nov 7, 2023
Im not ready to go back to school already. I have to go back tmrw, I have night classes which are good but I don't want to go regardless because college makes me unhappy. I'm extremely nervous and this is the start of the second semester and i don't really know how it'll go but I just for sure know it'll be really stressful and I'll probably fail, but I don't care anymore. I don't care about anything… I wish I had a good successful career without college, i wanna be happy… but I'm not. I hate everything in my life I just wanna die bruh, it's not so hard to ask. I wanna get hit by a bus 😐😐.

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87, Lost in a Dream and salai
huggyob

huggyob

involved
Dec 24, 2023
i totally get you, im a victim of the torture of a system founded to create mindless factory workers which slave away doing the same task everyday. unfortunately a degree is something which is like the staple of being able to be employed, everyone any claims otherwise are nonsense. i feel the pain of being forced into a loop of attending classes mindlessly only to just fail after everything youve put in. i rlly hope u exit this loop and follow your true passion someday and do what you believe in and what brings you joy in life. dont let yourself be a victim of the system. i wish you all the best luck

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
School is hell. Even after all these years, so long since the trauma I went through by my peers and those horrible adults who did whatever they wanted because they knew nobody would believe a little kid like me, it hasn't ended. When I go to work I get walked over because I feel like they will abuse me if I don't. When I leave on time I feel like I'm a failure that should be hung for my sins. I cry and cry when I have an exam after work and I sleep for 3 hours and cry again. This existence is hell and there is no cure. I am glad to know that this isn't something I'm alone in, because it feels so alien to be unable to enjoy just what others believe I take for granted. I don't know how people do it, it is all so painful.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and Immensevoid
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I hated school too, from around your age to 17 I barely turned up. I finally gave up at 18, never to go back. The odd thing is I liked school until about 14.

After leaving I worked way up in work so wasn't too bad.

Maybe try something more hands on once you are old enough like an apprentice scheme.

• Hugs
B

BGooG

Aug 26, 2022
As a university professor, I feel the need to defend education here. Yes, university is challenging, and can be stressful. If you need to take one class this term to reduce the stress and tension, do it. The world won't end.

Most importantly, realize that this is an opportunity for you to find something that really stimulates and engages your mind. Look at the options for classes, and take some things that simply sound interesting. Don't fall into the "how will this get me a job" bullshit. Try out different things. If the classes are large (which is likely in first year) make a point to speak with the professor after class, or in office hours. Try to connect with your fellow students by forming a study group. This is a unique opportunity to simply learn for the love of learning.

• Love
uniqueusername39

uniqueusername39

Student
Mar 7, 2023
I'm also a college instructor but don't feel the need to "Defend education". I get you. It feels pointless. "Love of learning..." lol. Sorry, I'm just jaded with no passion for life or anything anymore.

• Hugs
Reactions: Daxter_87 and Lost in a Dream
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
School is hell. Even after all these years, so long since the trauma I went through by my peers and those horrible adults who did whatever they wanted because they knew nobody would believe a little kid like me, it hasn't ended. When I go to work I get walked over because I feel like they will abuse me if I don't. When I leave on time I feel like I'm a failure that should be hung for my sins. I cry and cry when I have an exam after work and I sleep for 3 hours and cry again. This existence is hell and there is no cure. I am glad to know that this isn't something I'm alone in, because it feels so alien to be unable to enjoy just what others believe I take for granted. I don't know how people do it, it is all so painful.

I've been through the hell of trying to go to college and go to work at the same time too. Some days I was lucky enough just to get a 4 hour nap in. It's okay to feel overwhelmed with all of that, but it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with you for not being able to handle it. Is there a way to take less classes maybe, just to ease the workload?

I used to feel worthless too for letting the company and my coworkers down, but the real problem is the system controlling us. The way it's set up to break us and patch us back together with bandaid fixes is so corrupt.

Reactions: Abyssal