D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
Maybe this is a naive thought but I really do not think it's possible to become a vegetable from SN if you survive. With the number of SN suicides happening around the world, it just seems like it would've been brought to the attention of media by now (in an attempt to turn people away from it and generate fear mongering amongst the public). Anyone else feel this way? If you disagree, please explain your viewpoint.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Sleeper System
S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023
SN causes death due to hypoxia, and any lack of oxygen in the brain can cause serious damage. Therefore, I believe that a person can become disabled if they survive SN

Reactions: Endoflifecomestoall, Fall_Apart and Sleeper System
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
Maybe this is a naive thought but I really do not think it's possible to become a vegetable from SN if you survive. With the number of SN suicides happening around the world, it just seems like it would've been brought to the attention of media by now (in an attempt to turn people away from it and generate fear mongering amongst the public). Anyone else feel this way? If you disagree, please explain your viewpoint.

Nah. Suicide in general has been statistically proven to have a detrimental and deteriorating effect on society.
You might say that it can be contagious to some effect. Very ease to infect peoples minds and hearts.
The media has no issue covering it but governments will actively surpress the incident if they can.

More people die from suicide in general than is ever reported. Families will even be encouraged to not disclose
the truth of the situation and present it as "Due to health issues" and it's in many families best interest to go along with that narrative for the privacy and needless judgement from the public.

I believe they wouldn't disclose that effect if it was caused by SN. Not even to scare people from using it.
Think about fentynal overdoses. They report that only because the people arent actively seeking death.
It's supposed that they were just drug users who OD'd and that's an easy narrative to sell.

So to answer your question... I don't think it benifets anyone involved to give any information about suicide regardless of the method or its effects.

Reactions: delayedcactus
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
SN causes death due to hypoxia, and any lack of oxygen in the brain can cause serious damage. Therefore, I believe that a person can become disabled if they survive SN
I think a part of me agrees but I really wish this weren't a possible reality. I've asked on quora as well (not phrased as suicide obv) but I doubt I'll get any useful answers.
Nah. Suicide in general has been statistically proven to have a detrimental and deteriorating effect on society.
You might say that it can be contagious to some effect. Very ease to infect peoples minds and hearts.
The media has no issue covering it but governments will actively surpress the incident if they can.

More people die from suicide in general than is ever reported. Families will even be encouraged to not disclose
the truth of the situation and present it as "Due to health issues" and it's in many families best interest to go along with that narrative for the privacy and needless judgement from the public.

I believe they wouldn't disclose that effect if it was caused by SN. Not even to scare people from using it.
Think about fentynal overdoses. They report that only because the people arent actively seeking death.
It's supposed that they were just drug users who OD'd and that's an easy narrative to sell.

So to answer your question... I don't think it benifets anyone involved to give any information about suicide regardless of the method or its effects.
I haven't thought about it this way. Very enlightening, thank you.

S

Slark

Apr 30, 2023
I think a part of me agrees but I really wish this weren't a possible reality. I've asked on quora as well (not phrased as suicide obv) but I doubt I'll get any useful answers.

I haven't thought about it this way. Very enlightening, thank you.
I understand you, I am also afraid of surviving and becoming disabled. I wanted a way that was completely foolproof, but I don't think it exists

E

Endoflifecomestoall

Student
Oct 31, 2021
This does sound plausible. As I have neurological problems there is nothing lost.

dustyrainbow

dustyrainbow

Apr 15, 2023
I cane across a post where someone said: If serious brain damage occurs (or other kinds of disabilities) we most likely will ever know. There's a very little chance the person will be able to report about their experiences.

And since at least in my country there are high data protection standards (at least in theory).
If it isn't very obvious or a "public person" they won't publish the details.
You will only find informations about "A poisoning" "a suspected suicide attempt" etc.

And in my experience, they try to avoid giving too much information. They don't want anyone to imitate it.
You get the most accurate informations by scientific papers imo?

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I cane across a post where someone said: If serious brain damage occurs (or other kinds of disabilities) we most likely will ever know. There's a very little chance the person will be able to report about their experiences.

And since at least in my country there are high data protection standards (at least in theory).
If it isn't very obvious or a "public person" they won't publish the details.
You will only find informations about "A poisoning" "a suspected suicide attempt" etc.

And in my experience, they try to avoid giving too much information. They don't want anyone to imitate it.
You get the most accurate informations by scientific papers imo?
The thing is, even scientific papers are missing data on this which doesn't necessarily mean there are zero cases of survivors becoming disabled after an attempt, but it's just really strange how there's nothing out there for us to look into.

Reactions: betternever2havbeen and dustyrainbow