D

defott

Sep 16, 2020
I hitched a soft but sturdy rope (originally for closing a robe) to a pull up bar I know will hold my weight and made a noose, but when I test it I feel no progress to passing out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm pretty sure I'm applying enough pressure and the knot is tight.

Reactions: IcyBat and TimeToBiteTheDust
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Could the rope be too broad?

D

defott

Sep 16, 2020
Quite possibly. I didn't know that was a thing

Silver

Silver

Aug 8, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/how-to-hang-yourself.1183/

A very long thread now, but worth looking through.

Reactions: Ghost2211
D

defott

Sep 16, 2020
Got about halfway through this but it seemed like a lot of advice from people who were conspicuously not succeeding (definitely part of the problem with trying to get method advice )

Reactions: IcyBat
M

Mischievous

Sep 10, 2020
Blood pressure could also be a factor. I have hypotension (low blood pressure) so I am usually unconscience within 3-7 seconds. I know that after a first attempt my pressure rises for obvious reasons and it is more difficult to black out the second time I try. Usually it can take 8-16 seconds the second time which is like an eternity and uncomfortable. Perhaps deep breathing, meditation, and any medication that relaxes you could help.

I

IcyBat

Sep 24, 2020
I have the same problem. The rope I'm using is most probably not too broad (1cm).

Is it normal to have extreme pain in the head after a few seconds? I can't think how anyone could endure the pain even for 10 seconds, so I always back out.

Silver

Silver

Aug 8, 2020
1cm should be fine. I've never experienced head pain when I've trialled partial tbh