T

Taktik

Aug 5, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if you are not ingesting enough N. What would happen ? Would you Just sleep and wake up ? Would you suffer brain damage ? Thank you for your answers.

JordT

JordT

Sep 4, 2018
If you don't take a lethal dose of N, you'll just wake up eventually depending on how much you took and you would suffer no brain damage.

N used to be used for sleeping aids back in the day, i.e. 60s before benzos came along and replaced them.

Reactions: Taktik
sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
Hello Everyone,
I was wondering if you are not ingesting enough N. What would happen ? Would you Just sleep and wake up ? Would you suffer brain damage ? Thank you for your answers.

It is not well known what happens.
https://www.quora.com/What-is-it-like-to-survive-a-Nembutal-overdose
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3968666/
"The patient had cardiac, respiratory and central nervous system failure from the overdose."

I would not want to find out what happens.

Reactions: Taktik and noctiva
Meretlein

Meretlein

Feb 15, 2019
My friend knew someone who ended up in a coma.

Reactions: Taktik
noctiva

noctiva

the invisible girl
Nov 6, 2019
Symptoms depend on the concentration you ingest. If you are far under, you'll just sleep, if you are close to your lethal dose, any and all symptoms of pentobarbital can apply, see for example
However, you need to take into account that these side effects are not massive overdoses, so other side effects can also apply, such as organ damage, including brain damage, and coma. It is highly dependent on the ingested concentration. I would not recommend to take a lower dose of pentobarbital, hoping that it'll be enough and thinking that you'll just wake up if it's not lethal.

There are some case reports of people surviving pentobarbital ingestion at even over lethal dose levels (but found within a short time, otherwise there would be no case report) such as: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3968666/

Reactions: Winona, Fragile and Taktik
T

Taktik

Aug 5, 2019
Thank you all for the time you took to reply !
Symptoms depend on the concentration you ingest. If you are far under, you'll just sleep, if you are close to your lethal dose, any and all symptoms of pentobarbital can apply, see for example
However, you need to take into account that these side effects are not massive overdoses, so other side effects can also apply, such as organ damage, including brain damage, and coma. It is highly dependent on the ingested concentration. I would not recommend to take a lower dose of pentobarbital, hoping that it'll be enough and thinking that you'll just wake up if it's not lethal.

There are some case reports of people surviving pentobarbital ingestion at even over lethal dose levels (but found within a short time, otherwise there would be no case report) such as: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3968666/

Thank you for the answer,
I see, well it makes me Wonder if SN wouldn't be better in the event you're not able to drink everything or vomit and in term of any risk if you survive. SN is peaceful too. Im not really sure which method would be better.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Astral316 and noctiva
H

Hsor23

RRRRR23
Oct 29, 2019
so i think i'm qualified to answer . i took N last year . liquid form . my error was sip , not realising i'd be out before he lethal dose had been drunk .
i took 3 small sip over 10 mins. woke up 3 days later in hospital from a coma .
felt very very unwell for about 2 weeks . shakes , tremors . no other side effects .

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: tryingtoescape, Winona, eeyore9128 and 1 other person
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
so i think i'm qualified to answer . i took N last year . liquid form . my error was sip , not realising i'd be out before he lethal dose had been drunk .
felt very very unwell for about 2 weeks . shakes , tremors . no other side effects .

Sorry I do not understand your post, with affection, of course.
Sip, what means?. Swips? or something like this?.
The rest of the post, sorry I do not understand it. That's nothing sense without to know quantity.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Sorry I do not understand your post, with affection, of course.
Sip, what means?. Swips? or something like this?.
The rest of the post, sorry I do not understand it. That's nothing sense without to know quantity.
To sip means to drink small amounts slowly instead of drinking it all at once. So they are saying they drank it too slowly (3 tiny amounts in 10 minutes) and were not able to drink all of it before falling asleep. They must have been found by someone and were taken to the hospital.

Reactions: Hsor23
C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
To sip means to drink small amounts slowly instead of drinking it all at once. So they are saying they drank it too slowly (3 tiny amounts in 10 minutes) and were not able to drink all of it before falling asleep. They must have been found by someone and were taken to the hospital.
Thanks for the explanation.
I figured it out that was drinking small amounts.
So far, it is ok.
But spending 3 days in Hospital, he woke up 3 days later....... I guess he took a good enough to achieve it.
Then my conclusion is that problem is not quantity, it is about time.
If he felt asleep within 10 first minutes he should take around 5 grms. According myself own test.

k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Thanks for the explanation.
I figured it out that was drinking small amounts.
So far, it is ok.
But spending 3 days in Hospital, he woke up 3 days later....... I guess he took a good enough to achieve it.
Then my conclusion is that problem is not quantity, it is about time.
If he felt asleep within 10 first minutes he should take around 5 grms. According myself own test.
I think it's quantity too. I've read a few accounts where people just drank a little and fell asleep fast, but then they woke up a long time after. Maybe they are lying, who knows?

enjolras

enjolras

Dead are useless if not to love the living more
Feb 13, 2020
These stories are unlikely made up. After all, N used to be prescribed as a sleeping aid before it was banned from the market

S

Somebodylied

Feb 18, 2020
Is it possible to get N, in the u.s?

bella10

bella10

Feb 20, 2020
Hello all, is it possible to get hold on N in the UK?

C

calendulo

Enlightened
Jun 13, 2019
I think it's quantity too. I've read a few accounts where people just drank a little and fell asleep fast, but then they woke up a long time after. Maybe they are lying, who knows?
Me too, quantity is a vital factor. It is the factor, but there is not a consensus with this issue, either one bottle or two bottles. 3 grms or more than that.....is the eternal question; but over 1 bottle or 6 or 7 grms, I likely think that is really difficult surviving; but it needs time. It is risky say a number of hours.

I do not know if they are lying or not, but sounds so weird to me. There are just two choices about N, either a good enough dose to reach a vascular and/or cardiac shock from a respiratory insufficiency or some quantity to prompts a coma and it needs to keep coma some time longer.
12 hours, maybe 18....I am not sure.

LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I see, well it makes me Wonder if SN wouldn't be better in the event you're not able to drink everything or vomit and in term of any risk if you survive. SN is peaceful too. Im not really sure which method would be better.
That's what I wonder too. Sure, you dont just fall asleep with SN. You might feel sick for about 10 to 20 minutes before unconsciousness. But if you take the 20 or 25mg, it seems it should lead to death pretty quickly. And it is a lot less bad tasting liquid to drink. I dont know if I could drink 200ml in one go.
I guess each person must examine the pros and cons for himself/herself.

Last edited:
Reactions: tryingtoescape and a.n.kirillov
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
If you don't take a lethal dose of N, you'll just wake up eventually depending on how much you took and you would suffer no brain damage.

N used to be used for sleeping aids back in the day, i.e. 60s before benzos came along and replaced them.
This guy has no idea what hes talking about. Of coarse you can end up a vegetable if not done right.
Coma is also a possiblity. Jez , so many bad advices here .. it's a barbiturate ffs ..