lovelypirategirl

lovelypirategirl

I'm not ok, I'm just good at pretending I am
Mar 22, 2020
Hello again dear SS friends,

This week has been a nightmare for me. I've been going through the depressive side of my bipolar disorder and it hasn't hit me like this in ages. This week was so difficult, because I don't have energy at all. I can barely move and I just stay in bed the whole day... I just feel zero energy in my body, that even going to the restroom is a major task. I wasn't even able to login here in SS until today.

I'm just like existing, and I hate it so much because people can't understand it. People just think that I'm lazy (specially my mom) and I receive negative comments. People don't seem to understand how come do I stay the whole day in bed and they just relate it to laziness.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that actually I feel kind of lucky for not having a job right now. I can't even go to pee, how would I be supposed to go to work?

Does any of you experience something similar? How does your friends and family react when you feel like this?

Thank you very much for reading me as always.

Love,

LPG

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: mediocre, all_pointless, the box is empty and 4 others
YourWayOrMine

YourWayOrMine

Apr 17, 2020
I've been feeling the exact same way recently. It feels so impossible for me to take care of myself, or really do anything in general. It's hard to even watch netflix on my laptop because of how shitty I feel. Usually my family tries to get me out of the house and they get extremely upset when I tell them that I have no interest in doing so much as getting up.

Reactions: all_pointless and lovelypirategirl
lovelypirategirl

lovelypirategirl

I'm not ok, I'm just good at pretending I am
Mar 22, 2020
I've been feeling the exact same way recently. It feels so impossible for me to take care of myself, or really do anything in general. It's hard to even watch netflix on my laptop because of how shitty I feel. Usually my family tries to get me out of the house and they get extremely upset when I tell them that I have no interest in doing so much as getting up.
Hi dear YourWayOrMine,

I completely feel you!! It happens the same to me with Netflix... I haven't been able to see anything there because my head is just thinking how ugly do I look and that kind of stupid thoughts :( Are you working right now?

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
This was a very tiring week for me too. Was feeling like I am a walking dead. Even when was finishing my work, I was sitting down somewhere just to avoid any kind of movement. However, there were days much worse, was even hard for me to go to the toilet, last two weeks of taking Sertraline. Frankly speaking, what I am doing now is pushing myself to do things I do not have any strengths to do. Just like when you try to open the bottle but your hands are wet. However, today I was struck by a huge amount of energy and that is not typical of me. Don't know what is going on, however, expecting a total devastation when I wake up as usual.

NotMeantForHere

NotMeantForHere

I want to go like Marilyn Monroe
Feb 6, 2020
Hello again dear SS friends,

This week has been a nightmare for me. I've been going through the depressive side of my bipolar disorder and it hasn't hit me like this in ages. This week was so difficult, because I don't have energy at all. I can barely move and I just stay in bed the whole day... I just feel zero energy in my body, that even going to the restroom is a major task. I wasn't even able to login here in SS until today.

I'm just like existing, and I hate it so much because people can't understand it. People just think that I'm lazy (specially my mom) and I receive negative comments. People don't seem to understand how come do I stay the whole day in bed and they just relate it to laziness.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that actually I feel kind of lucky for not having a job right now. I can't even go to pee, how would I be supposed to go to work?

Does any of you experience something similar? How does your friends and family react when you feel like this?

Thank you very much for reading me as always.

Love,

LPG
Hello. I feel the exact same way everyday. My father (when I was living with him) would call me lazy for wanting to sleep all day too. He would yell at me and tell me I should be getting up at 8 am everyday. I suffer severe chronic depression which I've had for the last seven years and which has only gotten worse. I know what its like to be wrongly accused of being lazy. It hurts (because its often your family) and it feels like nobody understands. I'm sorry that your mom is so hard on you and that she's treating you like this. Nobody in this situation deserves that:aw::heart: