ffox

ffox

May 16, 2023
Not everyone's built happy. Not everyone gets a happy ending.

Not everyone even makes it to the "end" of their life.

Why don't people get this?

I wish suicide were normalized so we could all be on the same page -- maybe we'd disagree, but at least be on the same page about it.

• Love
Reactions: charlotte_, demuic, LittleJem and 8 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's certainly true that not everyone is meant to exist here and in such a horrible and cruel world, "happiness" is just a delusion to me especially as that all is inevitable for us is even more suffering, decay and loss, existing is just a hopeless and futile process of slowly dying, there's nothing to be gained from it.

And it just disgusts me how suicide isn't viewed as a valid option as it really needs to be, the fact is that not everyone wants to delay the inevitable in an existence that they were so unfairly forced to endure, and also existence can get unbearable beyond how one can imagine as there is unlimited potential to suffer in this world, so of course a peaceful suicide should be a human right, it's like many people forget that we all just destined to die and lose everything anyway. It's insane to see suicide as being worse than suffering.

Reactions: charlotte_, demuic, heavyeyes and 2 others
ffox

ffox

May 16, 2023
It's certainly true that not everyone is meant to exist here and in such a horrible and cruel world, "happiness" is just a delusion to me especially as that all is inevitable for us is even more suffering, decay and loss, existing is just a hopeless and futile process of slowly dying, there's nothing to be gained from it.

And it just disgusts me how suicide isn't viewed as a valid option as it really needs to be, the fact is that not everyone wants to delay the inevitable in an existence that they were so unfairly forced to endure, and also existence can get unbearable beyond how one can imagine as there is unlimited potential to suffer in this world, so of course a peaceful suicide should be a human right, it's like many people forget that we all just destined to die and lose everything anyway. It's insane to see suicide as being worse than suffering.
Even though I'm suffering a lot right now, I experienced something beautiful a few months ago. Instead of hoping I experience something similar again, I'm okay with saying "I had something special, even if it wasn't for long, and I can go now."

Reactions: demuic and starlightsun
A

agonysgrin

May 5, 2023

I wish suicide were normalized so we could all be on the same page -- maybe we'd disagree, but at least be on the same page about it.
Man that would be amazing if people just allowed us our own views on our own lives. And yeah there's enough of us out there they should

starlightsun

starlightsun

May 26, 2023

The 'happy ending' is a fantasy that is perpetuated by Hollywood and in works of fiction, but I've realized lately that it comes from the wishful thinking of our collective consciousness.

I too wish we lived in a world where happiness and peace were dominant but sadly that, clearly, isn't the case at this time in Earth's history, and who knows if it will ever be. Seems unlikely.

Last edited:
Reactions: ffox, demuic, OceanBlue and 1 other person
charlotte_

charlotte_

Arcanist
Mar 12, 2023
Couldn't agree more. I hate how so many medias always portray this so called "happy ending" for the "good guys", and how people always spread this belief that no matter what, life will become better. It in fact, does not, for many. I remembered reading a piece of writing, I forgot name but it explains life really well. When there is happiness, there must be suffering. When you are accepted for a job, some other guy is rejected. When you are having a good meal, thousand of animals had to be killed in brutal ways. In hot days, when you're comfortably sitting in your room with the AC on, pollution is getting worse everywhere in the world and those who are poor suffer the unbearable heat without being able to resist. There are way too many things needed to have a happy life, and some of us are born to, well, not have them. Some are bound to suffer. Yet people still won't give us the choice to a dignified end.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: ffox and OceanBlue