symphony

symphony

surving hour-by-hour
Mar 12, 2022
It seems I have an issue lately where sometimes I don't get notifications of activity in threads I'm watching - even my own threads. I haven't changed my settings or anything so idk what's going on here. Any help would be appreciated.

• Aww..
Reactions: Smart No More, waitingforrest, NearlyIrrelevantCake and 5 others
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
It seems I have an issue lately where sometimes I don't get notifications of activity in threads I'm watching - even my own threads. I haven't changed my settings or anything so idk what's going on here. Any help would be appreciated.
That actually happened to me, too, today. A bunch of posts were made on a megathread I've been on since I got here. Wasn't notified of any of them.

• Aww..
  • Hmph!
Reactions: waitingforrest, NearlyIrrelevantCake, Manaaja and 1 other person
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
Happened to me too a few times. Not often, but like a couple of times. It happens a lot more often with chat messages. I'll wait for a chat message and then discover that I got it 2 hours ago and it just never notified me. And the third problem is that sometimes it tells me that there's a new notification while I'm still on the previous page, and sometimes I have to switch pages for it to tell me.

Reactions: demuic and BrokenBliss
M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
I'd like to add to this - sometimes I also will not get notification for replies to my comments, mentions, and activity of people I'm following, nor replies to threads I started - but that would fall under the category of not receiving notifications for watched threads. What function does the Follow button serve other than an ego-boost?

Real-time updates to threads and chat are also a bit laggy / glitch sometimes.

I'm no tech expert by any means so I've no idea as to how easy it might be for mods or admin to fix these issues.

Reactions: Manaaja
BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
What function does the Follow button serve other than an ego-boost?
Follow is for your news feed, I believe. Which I didn't even know was there till I'd been here a month.

M

myopybyproxy

flickerbeat \\ gibberish-noise
Dec 18, 2021
Follow is for your news feed, I believe. Which I didn't even know was there till I'd been here a month.
How can I access that? You learn something new every day. I didn't know this and I've been here nearly four months.

BrokenBliss

BrokenBliss

Invisible. Apparently.
Jan 11, 2022
How can I access that? You learn something new every day. I didn't know this and I've been here nearly four months.
Answered this in a chat. For anyone else, let me know if you want help with this.

Reactions: Shouldhavebeendone
L

Leiden

Arcanist
Sep 1, 2020
Same thing is happening to me

Reactions: symphony
S

Shouldhavebeendone

Feb 10, 2022
Same thing is happening to me too with the missing. I tried unwatching and watching again with a thread but I'm not sure if this has helped.

Answered this in a chat. For anyone else, let me know if you want help with this.
I would please

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Samd happens to me too. Must be a bug. I get most things but every so often a thread will judt stop notifying even if I unwatch and rewatch.

Last edited: