WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Hold your head high, and your middle finger higher
Dec 25, 2020
The second day into my first full-time (F&B) job and I'm already struggling. I'm a klutz, scatterbrain, and I make mistakes at every turn. I am withdrawn and find every opportunity to avoid social interaction, a stark contrast to my colleagues who are energetic people people (the plural form of 'people person'?). I make progress at a snail's pace and people my age are holding leadership positions. I just don't think I'll make it in life (*cough* old age *cough*). Oh, and toss in a side of chronic pain. (Sarcasm Alert) Life is worth living, isn't it? I was overly enthusiastic to escape my toxic home environment that I did not consider the repercussions of not thinking in the long-term. I have lead a sheltered life that did nothing to prepare me for harsh reality. My college degree might as well be toilet paper now, since I've already long lost interest in my area of research and what I'm currently doing has got nothing to do with my qualifications. Perhaps by the end of this week I'll submit my resignation letter so as to save me the humiliation of being fired.

I'm considering ctb on my next birthday. Before that I will burn my degree. I will be remembered as the one who took the coward's way out, but none of it will matter. Method will be either hanging or jumping from a height. Given our strict laws, SN, let alone N, is out of the question. As they say, beggars can't be choosers, but hey at least I can take advantage of the fact that there are plenty of high-rise apartments here. My ctb will also be a f*ck you to my narcissistic father who did not respect my decision to forgo celebrating my birthday this year just so that he could upload some photos on social media.

EDIT: This is so far my most impromptu vent on SS.

To Big Brother's watchdogs: come and get me, I dare ya!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Pookie, Belaya Noch, SuicidalSymphonies and 17 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Well, maybe that job is not for you. I suck at working almost at everything except teaching! It's just a matter of finding what the best is for you.

Anyway, I bet losing the interest in something you've studied for years makes everything harder right?

Whatever happens, I just wish you lots of love and eternal peace!

PS: Being a normie is extremely hard. I dunno know how these people can cope with life lol.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Blue Rose
clueless2dayor2morro

clueless2dayor2morro

Feb 19, 2021
hey there,

i work in fast food and honestly i'm scatterbrained too --it gets worse as the night draws on because i'm tired and i forget to do a lot of things until someone tells me to. i'm sorry if you're in a restaurant as a server as you don't get as much support--you r kind of ur own island with serving food and making those tips (although you do partially rely on how fast the cooks are working as well).

i wouldn't feel too bad about quitting food service, its kind of stressful and some customers are downright awful for some reason (and it would have nothing to do with you). I remember one time I worked at a restaurant, one of my coworkers told me about a server got a whole plate of food thrown at them and it got all over their clothes. I think it was just because they literally just didn't like the food; not any mistakes were technically made except for the fact that the customer chose to sit down and get some food that night lol

i hope you're able to find a job that's less stressful for you. its really hard when everywhere (well, except for warehouses and some desk jobs) inherently require everyone to be energetic, what they would term "personable" people. But while you're putting in your resignation, I wouldn't care too much about any mistakes you make or working slowly. That job doesn't really matter and really its just another 8 hours you'll get through.

• Aww..
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Blue Rose
gtrfvr

gtrfvr

live and let live or die
Dec 4, 2020
im struggling at work too. cant change careers and have job hopped too much to quit. i hope it turns out better for both of us.

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
awfullife

awfullife

Arcanist
Nov 16, 2019
I feel your pain brother. Life events forced me to become a trucker and after 2 years I dont even know if I can do a corporate job again. 75 mile a day commute for less pay and you have to shower and shave every day and be presentable!

I'm sorry you are uncomfortable. Do you see any chance of pulling through ?

• Hugs
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
I feel your pain brother. Life events forced me to become a trucker and after 2 years I dont even know if I can do a corporate job again. 75 mile a day commute for less pay and you have to shower and shave every day and be presentable!

I'm sorry you are uncomfortable. Do you see any chance of pulling through ?
I'll see how this goes. I'm surprised you have to come across as presentable, even for a position that doesn't involve too much human interaction (correct me if I'm wrong). One cannot stress enough the importance of personal hygiene and grooming in F&B service. What's worse you can be down in the dumps but still be expected to put up a front of someone who enjoys meeting and talking to people.

Last edited:
WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
I remember one time I worked at a restaurant, one of my coworkers told me about a server got a whole plate of food thrown at them and it got all over their clothes. I think it was just because they literally just didn't like the food; not any mistakes were technically made except for the fact that the customer chose to sit down and get some food that night lol
That's just awful. Where I live that customer can be reported for abuse and be slapped with a hefty fine and/or other penalties—the only redeeming part of our 'nanny state' laws. I'm also glad that unlike the US, tipping is not part of our culture so you don't have to go an extra mile for it. I plan to get at least a year's experience, so I'll see how this goes. I hope all goes well for you too.

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

WhatDoesTheFoxSay?

Dec 25, 2020
Whatever happens, I just wish you lots of love and eternal peace! I suck at working almost at everything except teaching!
Thank you for your kind words. I wish you all the best in your teaching career.

Anyway, I bet losing the interest in something you've studied for years makes everything harder right?
Definitely. As of now I can say I have no interest whatsoever in nature and conservation. To put it simply, I don't care if the world is dying. I'm powerless to change things anyway.

Well, maybe that job is not for you. It's just a matter of finding what the best is for you.
You may be right. What I'm doing requires more psychomotor and interpersonal skills than factual knowledge. I'll see how it goes. I plan to get at least a year's experience.

PS: Being a normie is extremely hard. I dunno know how these people can cope with life lol.
Same here. I don't know how Normies can live their lives on autopilot and convince themselves that whatever they do is worth it in the end.

• Love
Reactions: WornOutLife