devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
I wish the world would accept suicide.
I never understood why people think it's such a bad thing.
It's not their life, they don't have a say in whether I want to end my life or not, so why does it
matter so much to them? Society just accepts drug addicts or alcoholics, and whenever someone
overdoses or drives drunk and crashes they just blame it on the drugs/alcohol or they say " it was a disease. "
Yet, when someone commits suicide they blame the person for not seeking out help or they say ..
" life isn't bad, I don't understand why that person would kill themselves. "

There's nothing wrong with controlling how your life ends, it's not like you had a say on whether or not you were born
so why the fuck does it matter on how you die.

Reactions: BRBRB, HappyMstake, Multiplied Obscurity and 16 others
pentobarbitaldreams

pentobarbitaldreams

Jun 11, 2020
I feel like suicide will be much more socially acceptable in a century or so. It's a basic case of rights imo: an individual experiences life by default, they should always have the option to leave if they choose to do so. The "my body my choice" crowd should take up rights of the suicidal as well. Suicide should be legalized and clinics established to provide adults who wish to die with pentobarbital or something.

• Love
Reactions: Hanna Backer, Cutepoison, TheSoulless and 4 others
devil

devil

Jun 22, 2019
I feel like suicide will be much more socially acceptable in a century or so. It's a basic case of rights imo: an individual experiences life by default, they should always have the option to leave if they choose to do so. The "my body my choice" crowd should take up rights of the suicidal as well. Suicide should be legalized and clinics established to provide adults who wish to die with pentobarbital or something.
couldn't have said it better myself, thank you for this.

Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
because people don't want to lose loved one's, they will never accept someones choice to end their suffering, believing because they are loved, they have to stay in this world, until nature say's other wise,
People don't want to feel a failure, which they may do when someone take's their own life, they will desperately try and keep that person alive for their own self worth,
Suicide is admitting there is pain and suffering that is not treatable, most human minds will not comprehend this.

• Love
Reactions: Multiplied Obscurity, casctb, The Dark Chaos and 6 others
jisatsuko

jisatsuko

自殺こさん
Jun 27, 2020
Definitely. It's really clear that no one really cares about the subject. Compared to rehabs for addiction, the mental health facility is really fucked up. When it comes to suicide, it's all just empty responses, repeated over and over like a broken record. I hope assisted suicide becomes more normalized towards people outside of terminally ill people, and I hope that sooner or later people stop thinking suicide is as bad as running over infants, that are from a local orphanage, with a truck.

Reactions: casctb, Skathon, charlottewilts and 4 others
ugly_loser2008

ugly_loser2008

Jul 30, 2018
i think there are more benefits from teaching suicide as an option than not - hell it could be a subject in schools.

Reactions: _Minsk, The Dark Chaos, devil and 1 other person
SipSop

SipSop

Arcanist
May 7, 2020
It's not their life, they don't have a say in whether I want to end my life or not, so why does it
matter so much to them? Society just accepts drug addicts or alcoholics, and whenever someone
overdoses or drives drunk and crashes they just blame it on the drugs/alcohol or they say " it was a disease. "
Yet, when someone commits suicide they blame the person for not seeking out help or they say ..

There's nothing wrong with controlling how your life ends, it's not like you had a say on whether or not you were born
Preach it brother!

Reactions: devil
L

laertes_voula

Jun 30, 2020

I don't know when or if ever humans will evolve into a society that embraces the idea that not everyone can and should be alive. I feel like I've given it a good go... unless you're viewing things through a religious lens, what really is the point to me continuing being alive when I think I can demonstrate why I would very rationally like to be voluntarily dead? I mean...what is the end goal? To occupy every square metre of the Earth with a person until we don't have enough resources to sustain everyone? Life as we know it is not sustainable. Let's leave life to those who actually want to live. I think I am a waste of space sometimes...I really have no choice but to participate in the workforce. I think sometimes of all the things I've done that's robbed someone else probably more deserving of having. Being homeless and starving is an option I guess...but I don't have the courage to die like that just yet.

• Hugs
Reactions: devil and Reach
Bct

Bct

Disqualified from Being Human
Apr 20, 2020
Sadly, it will be a long way for normalize suicide when other matters are still struggling to be accepted by general public despite years of advocation. In my country, I don't think it will ever be accepted because religion is still prevailing in my country, which affects people's values.

Reactions: casctb, TheSoulless and Skathon
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I wish that assisted suicide was available.

Reactions: puppy9 and Skathon
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I'm pessimistic about it... It will take maybe hundreds of years for that to happen. And even then there will be people who oppose it. And that breeds conflict. And the world will still be shit.

Ybother

Ybother

Life is a lemon and I want my money back.
Jul 23, 2020
because people don't want to lose loved one's, they will never accept someones choice to end their suffering, believing because they are loved, they have to stay in this world, until nature say's other wise,
People don't want to feel a failure, which they may do when someone take's their own life, they will desperately try and keep that person alive for their own self worth,
Suicide is admitting there is pain and suffering that is not treatable, most human minds will not comprehend this.
They don't want to lose you and yet they turn you away when you open up to them. Or they use it against you. Screw them all! They don't Really care. They'll just be a bit weirded out by it, by no one will give a damn. I'm referring to myself. I'm sure some of you have people who actually care about you.

BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020

It isn't a case of rights at all.
Suicide hasn't been considered a criminal offense for decades (since 1961 in the UK), so how is it a case of rights?

I believe you're referring to physician assisted suicide, and not suicide generally.

Many of these debates don't consider the nuances of real life.

Reactions: Ybother
MrAsclepius

MrAsclepius

Грустная Сука
Jul 31, 2020
I don't forsee the normalization of something so deeply rooted by doctors as a mental 'deficiency'.

Reactions: Ybother