Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Update: I'm not going to do this lol. I don't think it will help. I am leaving this thread up in case this may be useful to anyone who can relate to this post. Feel free to ask for help/advice in this thread if you are struggling with a similar dilemma.

What are the chances I would get sick/vomit without having permanent damage that would require hospitalization/medical treatment if I took a high dose of anti-histamines?

I have 500 mg of atarax/hydroxzyine. My survival instinct is really strong and I just keep doubting my decision. I'm thinking of overdosing as a way to cause some damage and give myself motivation to will myself to do something more fatal in the future.

I wouldn't care if it killed me. I just know it probably won't. I don't want to cause non-fatal damage that requires medical treatment and want to know my odds before I do something dumb as fuck.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Foreverix, LastFlowers and 1 other person
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Definitely don't do that (imo). "Dumb as fuck" unfortunately applies here.

I'm really not grasping the logic, sorry.
Don't make an attempt unless you're really planning on it working to completion. And idk about using antihistamines regardless of what your end goal is…

If you're doubting your decision, just stop there. This other plan is unnecessary and it's just going to make your situation worse, and probably not in the way you anticipate.

Why are you doubting it? Because thoughtful suicide is difficult to go through with?
Or are there other reasons holding you back?

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Cloud Busting and thewalkingdread
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Definitely don't do that (imo). "Dumb as fuck" unfortunately applies here.

I'm really not grasping the logic, sorry.
Don't make an attempt unless you're really planning on it working to completion. And idk about using antihistamines regardless of what your end goal is…
It's hard to explain…

I think the best way I could explain it is that passage in the bell jar where Esther cuts her thigh to see if she'd have the guts to actually go through with a completed suicide.

It wouldn't be intended as an attempt, just a test to see if I could get the courage to go with my chosen method (which is more lethal.) Failing my last attempt fucked with my si

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
It's hard to explain…

I think the best way I could explain it is that passage in the bell jar where Esther cuts her thigh to see if she'd have the guts to actually go through with a completed suicide.
Thank you for trying to explain.
But you really cannot know if you "have the guts" (not how I'd frame it) without actually pushing toward the real thing. It will never feel real if the goal isn't death. Cutting a thigh or downing a bunch of antihistamines with hopes of a very specific level of damage..is not going to get you any closer to the mindset one gets into when they're planning with the highest odds of success (to die).

My own arm is sliced up by glass. Unfortunately I'm still here.

I would suggest not making things worse for yourself while you're still here, life often takes care of that for us. And if you really want to end the suffering, then the option for going through with it..with every intention to die..still exists for you.
(Though it's getting more and more difficult for us to end things with more preferable methods being cracked down on.)

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, SpiritualDeath, thewalkingdread and 1 other person
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
Why are you doubting it? Because thoughtful suicide is difficult to go through with?
Or are there other reasons holding you back?
1) Final decision, irreversible, something I cannot take back
2) would devastate my friends and family, and they would blame themselves, no matter how many notes I left behind. I'm harboring extra guilt because a friend caught me dropping off possessions before I tried to attempt and knew exactly what the intent was… and so I decided to delay it to give him the feeling he did what he could to save me before I did the deed… yet I still failed. And I scared him to death with a mailed suicide letter. 😖

I fucking regret it so much. Like there's a part of me that wants to do it to prove I wasn't crying wolf or manipulating for attention cuz there are ppl who do that and I feel like one of those… but I think actually dying would make it worse for my friend than recovering idk
3) all the reasons I wanted to ctb in the first place were later proven untrue after I failed
4) it sends the message I'm not tenacious enough to cope with suffering

Why I'm considering it-

1) I didn't choose to be born
2) life is unfulfilling and empty. Work, pay bills, save for retirement, die.
3) I want to prove my pain is real
4) I hate my brain and my bs thoughts
5) I'm afab. I want to prove I'm brave and my suffering is real and I'm not doing this shit as an attention seeking cry for help. It's rarer for woman/afab to complete suicide. I want to be special. And I especially feel like a wolf crying attention whore after failing; I want people to know I did mean it
6) when I lost consciousness it was so peaceful and beautiful

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LastFlowers
Strawberry Moon

Strawberry Moon

It's not over till you're underground
Nov 1, 2023
Attempted/failed overdoses are mostly horrid, you'll feel like shit physically as well as mentally. Yeah losing consciousness feels peaceful but why would you want to put yourself in more pain? It's not even worth it without the full intention to be gone but that's just my opinion. You'll know when the time is right and you'll be capable of doing anything.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, LastFlowers and Cloud Busting
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
1) Final decision, irreversible, something I cannot take back
2) would devastate my friends and family, and they would blame themselves, no matter how many notes I left behind. I'm harboring extra guilt because a friend caught me dropping off possessions before I tried to attempt and knew exactly what the intent was… and so I decided to delay it to give him the feeling he did what he could to save me… then I still failed. And I scared him to death with a mailer suicide letter. 😖 I fucking regret it so much. Like there's a part of me that wants to do it to prove I wasn't crying wolf or manipulating for attention cuz there are ppl who do that and I feel like one of those… I wanna prove my pain is real… but I think actually dying would make it worse for my friend than recovering idk
3) all the reasons I wanted to ctb in the first place were later proven untrue after I failed
4) it sends the message I'm not tenacious enough to cope with suffering

Why I'm considering it-

1) I didn't choose to be born
2) life is unfulfilling and empty. Work, pay bills, save for retirement, die.
4) I hate my brain and my bs thoughts
5) I'm a woman, I want to prove I'm brave and my suffering is real and I'm not doing this shit as an attention seeking cry for help. It's rarer for woman to complete suicide. I want to be special. And especially feel like a wolf crying attention whore after failing; I want people to know I did mean it
6) when I lost consciousness it was so peaceful and beautiful
I see. The thing is, even if you complete the suicide, people may still think you did it for attention.
Some people really DO somehow go through with it for reasons other than pure, unadulterated suffering.
Nobody likes to admit this..but it definitely happens. (People can manage to kill themselves without even being so much as depressed.)
And then some people who DO go through with it because of pure, unadulterated suffering..still have a false narrative thrust upon their memory.

Once you're dead, you will have control over nothing. You will have no voice.
People will interpret you however they want to, in whatever way makes them feel better or less guilt-ridden.

I get some of your sentiments on some level,
but personally I don't think you should go through with it unless an expedited death has truly become the better option for you, the only way to end your suffering.
Your other goals are tangential at best and indicative of wishful thinking (via suicide or attempt) and may very well be accomplished without dying.
It sounds like a lot of people actually give a damn about you, for one thing.
That's more than many here can say for themselves (at least it's a lot more than I can say for myself).
So with that in your favor, I'm sure there are other ways you could express that you are in pain, with people acknowledging that it is real.

"I want to be special"
Think about this. Do you truly assert that this is a sound reason to commit suicide?
Plenty of women have completed suicide, nobody is deemed "special" for that reason alone. Usually there are other factors at play (often superficial ones, unfortunately).

Also remember, peace is not something you will feel when you're actually dead.
You will feel nothing. You will no longer be able to conceptualize what "feeling" is.
If nothing is better than the something(s) you endure while alive, then it makes more sense as to why you'd want to commit suicide.
But to me it sounds like you're more interested in proving something than ending something.
(Though I admit, even my own suicide will partially be my way of saying "NO" to a shitty hand, my way of refusing to accept the awful existence I've been chained to. In a way, I will also be trying to prove something I suppose..prove that I do not think I deserve to suffer any longer. Because more than anything, I just want to end the abject misery and unyielding torment I endure on an hourly basis.
I do not want to exist as a source of schadenfreude for other people, I do not want any part of this life I've been forced to live or this body I've been forced to inhabit.)

Suffering while remaining alive doesn't mean the suffering is not real.
I am a walking dead person..but I breathe..my suffering is palpable, my suffering is real.
I've isolated and retreated from society in major ways..in order to retain a semblance of sanity.
Continuing to live doesn't mean your pain isn't real.
And the more thought one puts into plans to die, the more daunting those plans become.
(Impulsive suicides occur because there's less time to think..less time to worry, less worries to give pause.)

Have you spoken to your friend about your worries regarding how your previous plans may have been interpreted?
Are they the type of friend to listen and try to understand?

May I ask what you mean by "all the reasons you want to ctb being disproven after you fail" (paraphrasing)?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Cloud Busting, SpiritualDeath and 2 others
Cress

Cress

Arcanist
Oct 15, 2023
What are the chances I would get sick/vomit without having permanent damage that would require hospitalization/medical treatment if I took a high dose of anti-histamines?

I have 500 mg of atarax/hydroxzyine. My survival instinct is really strong and I just keep doubting my decision. I'm thinking of overdosing as a way to cause some damage and give myself motivation to will myself to do something more fatal in the future.

I wouldn't care if it killed me. I just know it probably won't. I don't want to cause non-fatal damage that requires medical treatment and want to know my odds before I do something dumb as fuck.
I don't think you should suffer unnecessarily trying to do a plan with a very low chance of success It's practically zero. No one deserves to suffer like that. Most antihistamines are under the category of Deliriant. Meaning at high dosages You will see full body hallucinations when taking benadryl for example People report that they see people standing in their doorways or all sorts of bugs and spiders crawling all over their skin. It all seems like a rather horrifying experience if you do take a high enough Amount.

I'm sorry you're suffering so much

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Freyja13 and Cloud Busting
Foreverix

Foreverix

Aeternum Vale
Sep 18, 2023
I think @LastFlowers is on the money. Suicide isn't about the other people and whether or not they view you as for real or a faker. It's about escaping your pain. All else you have no control over.

To whom? If it's to the people in your life that surround you, why does it matter so much what they think? You would be dead. Your pain is only real to you, other people just see the symptoms. It sounds more like you want to prove it to yourself.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Cloud Busting
Freyja13

Freyja13

Today's air quality is mauve and speckled.
May 6, 2023
I totally get this. (Mercury here btw! I changed my name xD) It's essentially rehearsal for the real thing. Kinda slowly getting better each time until you're ready to go all the way. I'd advise against this. You're right when you say this won't help. It's better to keep reaching out to people. If they think you're doing all of this for attention and that you didn't mean to exit the world they don't have your best interests at heart. That being said, there may be people who are closer to you that are voicing their own insecurities and not wanting to believe how bad things are. It's not your job to take care of them. Try to have compassion for their position but don't strain yourself. Your pain will always be real. That isn't subject to outside speculation. You've felt real hurt in your life and are allowed to give that feeling space and time to heal. You're in recovery right now and you'll continue to have moments when you're doubting yourself and your progress. Be gentle. You're braver than you know. You're worthy c: 🩵🩵

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Cloud Busting
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
@LastFlowers

I worry I wasn't genuinely suicidal because my attempt failed. There is a platitude that people who are will succeed, and those who attempt didn't mean it/didn't truly want to die.

Some suicide attempts are not serious and have no real intent behind them. I've gestured with no intent to die before. I think I harbor a lot of resentment towards people I know who have threatened/gestured suicide for manipulative means, which is why I think I'm so insecure about not having sincere intent when I last attempted. I guess I'm afraid that's what I was doing.

I'll provide examples:

1) people who threaten suicide to get their way (e.g. to get a job back, to prevent a break-up, to avoid getting into trouble)

2) My mom. I will never forget the day she drunkenly barricaded her bedroom door with her bed and loudly declared she had swallowed a whole bottle of pills. Of course, the moment the cops came, she gladly opened the door and let them take her on a stretcher.

I don't think most suicides are selfish because usually the victim views their suicide as a favor or sacrifice. I think gesturing in a desperate bid to prove people love you and care (there are way better ways to do this 🙄) or to manipulate people often is however. I will never forgive my mom for what she put the family through. I'd forgive her if it was a cry for help, but it certainly wasn't, as she refused all help offered to her. It was a waste of everyone's time.

I know that sounds cold. She herself has admitted that she has never seriously wanted to die and was attention seeking. I usually am not this person, but I have unfortunately called for a welfare check on her when she was playing her bs suicide threat routine as a ploy to get her to stop. It was effective each time.

You are correct that I cannot control how people would perceive my suicide after my death. However I would know what my intentions were, and it wouldn't matter anyway because I'd be dead. While alive, the "you weren't actually serious about it" stigma is something I can't escape.

Women attempt more. Men complete more. Some wager it's because men are serious about it, whereas women aren't. If I died, people would know I seriously intended to. 🤣 I'm sure most people think this attempt was just me crying wolf and I had no intent to die/wasn't serious about it.

To me, nothingness is peace. I'm actually looking forward to it. I just can't decide if nothingness is the only solution to my present pain. I'm very bummed out about having to work and deal with unnecessary stressors like bills and shit until I die, and that all this mundane bs is pointless and for nothing. However, is ctb the only way for me to cope with this frustration?

When my friend found me dropping off possessions he straight up asked me if I was planning to harm/kill myself and that he'd better hear from me tomorrow. I came over and he told me could tell I was serious about it.

I sent him that goodbye letter and he messaged me hoping I was ok and that he hoped to see me when I'm able. He searched for me, which makes me feel like shit.

He thinks after failing the first time I just wussed out cuz I realized I actually didn't want to die and I agree. I really didn't… I just felt like it was my only option. He told me not to feel embarrassed because I was just crying out for help.

Obviously he holds no ill-will. I could ask for more reassurance but we've exhausted the topic at this point. I think assuaging my guilt is something only I can do.

May I ask what you mean by "all the reasons you want to ctb being disproven after you fail" (paraphrasing)?

I felt like my suffering was burdening people. I felt like a failure, and as if I let people down or was a disappointment. I thought people wouldn't blame themselves if I left notes. I also thought I had hinted enough that people would expect it; like it was inevitable.

People were shocked, thought I was doing well for myself, and I realized that while people don't always like dealing with my moods, I'd be a bigger burden if I were dead.

When I failed, my plan was to discharge early and ctb because I thought no one would forgive me for dropping off possessions and sending them goodbye letters, only to survive. I was forgiven, no one cut me off, and everyone was relieved I survived.

It made me realize my personal reasons to ctb aren't solid so maybe I should attempt to recover first.

Sometimes my ideation gets intense tho and it makes me wish I had the willpower to attempt again but I don't.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Freyja13 and LastFlowers
Cloud Busting

Cloud Busting

Formerly pinkribbonscars
Sep 9, 2023
To whom? If it's to the people in your life that surround you, why does it matter so much what they think? You would be dead. Your pain is only real to you, other people just see the symptoms. It sounds more like you want to prove it to yourself.
This is essentially the condensed version of the wall of text I wrote for @LastFlowers cuz I realize not everyone has time to read all of that lol

After recovering from a suicide attempt, I have chosen to live. So yes, people thinking I goaded them and have scared them for no reason other than attention is a concern. It's like I never really meant it, and didn't want to die, and am being dramatic. Sure I'd be dead but still, it would mean I was seriously suicidal because I actually did it and wasn't just begging for love.

I think you're right. I'm trying to prove to myself I am genuinely struggling because I feel so guilty. I hate myself for scaring people, only to live. This is a me thing. Thanks for pointing that out.

Almost wonder if these thoughts of overdosing is like some weird intrusive thought to punish myself for feeling guilty… that is a therapist question

@Freyja13

Welcome Mercury!

I'm glad you understand where I'm coming from. Also yea, recovery is a fucking bitch. I definitely stall sometimes or start slipping back into old habits or thinking patterns. It's a volatile rollercoaster. Reminding myself that this is to be expected helps me snap out of shit like this quicker tho

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: LastFlowers, Foreverix, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person