Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Any non binary people here that want to get top surgery? It's one of the things that's on my mind 24/7. My parents aren't supportive and I'm still a student and my mental state won't allow me to work and be a student at the same time. (Before anyone asks, yes I'm 18 and still at school, I know-shocker)
I just don't have the money, but I know my parents could pay for it since we are not struggling or anything but they're not supportive. My mom said it's as if I was taking a part of "herself", meaning I'm her property and if I get my boobs chopped off it means a piece of her is gonna be missing. Really love the idea that I'm a thing-property. And my dad is probably not even gonna let me speak about it because he's really conservative. The reasons for my ctb are pilling up and this one is going there too if I won't be able to get it before the final day. Ugh, why can't I just be normal. I don't wanna be like this.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: charlottewilts, Wraith, RainAndSadness and 4 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
In some states medicaid will pay for it, it's worth asking around for other people who've had luck with it...

Reactions: Deleted member 23586
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
My mom said it's as if I was taking a part of "herself",
i dont know your mom but that might not have been exactly what she meant. i mean after 18yrs you kind of get use to having a "little girl". to have that change i can see how it would make a mother feel......not quite right. have you tried talking to her about this were you both try to not get upset by the situation and actually understand each other??

Reactions: Brink and Fragile
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
No one else has to understand what I do to my own body...

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Brink, Wraith and Deleted member 23586
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
In some states medicaid will pay for it, it's worth asking around for other people who've had luck with it...
Here the state only pays it for trans people, not binary.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Would you feel comfortable presenting yourself as a binary trans person to doctors long enough to get the treatments you want?

D

Deleted member 20852

I really want NB top surgery too I highly doubt I'll ever get it. One reason bring I don't have the money for mine either it's so expensive.
I dare not voice this to my parents or anyone in real life. They all think NB are a joke, I wish I wasn't like this. I'm sorry your parents aren't supportive. Do you think you'll be able to save for it in the near future?

• Hugs
Reactions: Wraith and Nymph
waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
I'm not non-binary but I'm repulsed by my breasts and would love to not have them.
But just like you said: Its just a "cosmetic" procedure that costs a lot of money and nobody would understand why I'd like to do it.
Hopefully you figure out a way, OP or can save a lot of money somehow. :heart:

Reactions: Nymph
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
For practitioners who will "sign off" on you being trans even if you don't fit a conservative/conventional model of what that looks like, see:

There are also allied practitioners who work at
though that one is more for hormones...

Trans reddits might be good places to hear what options have worked for other people in your state/area?

Reactions: Nymph
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Would you feel comfortable presenting yourself as a binary trans person to doctors long enough to get the treatments you want?
No, it's year long process here. I'd have to take hormones for a year and then I'd be able to get the surgery for free. But the hormones really mess with your body and I have a lot of meds on top of that already so I really don't think it's a good idea plus I'm too mentally tired to do this whole pretend thing
I really want NB top surgery too I highly doubt I'll ever get it. One reason bring I don't have the money for mine either it's so expensive.
I dare not voice this to my parents or anyone in real life. They all think NB are a joke, I wish I wasn't like this. I'm sorry your parents aren't supportive. Do you think you'll be able to save for it in the near future?
I hope so, though I don't know how long I'll be here
For practitioners who will "sign off" on you being trans even if you don't fit a conservative/conventional model of what that looks like, see:

There are also allied practitioners who work at
though that one is more for hormones...

Trans reddits might be good places to hear what options have worked for other people in your state/area?
I'm from Europe so it's hard gathering info from subreddits or asking for help there. I was on a trans forum of my country and they said that the government doesn't acknowledge non binary people, only trans. So If I really want to get the surgery for "free" I'd have to pretend I'm trans for a year and take hormones and such and then I might be able to get it, but it's still not 100% because there might be a lot of people waiting in front of me so that means I'll have to take the hormones for even longer. And taking hormones can feel like having a second puberty and I really don't wanna go through that again. I'm too weak to pretend I'm someone else. I'd rather just ctb than go thought that whole process lol

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 20852, Wraith and noaccount
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I'm sorry, you shouldn't have to pretend, and it makes total sense that hormones aren't part of what you want.