C

citadelofme

Sep 29, 2024
they keep forcing me into therapy even though it doesnt do anything, no therapist or anyone will ever understand what im feeling and its so useless to force me to go. i dont know how to get out of therapy though, i lie to my therapist and say im fine and everything but im still forced to go. its so worthless to even try to make me "better" and i dont see a point in going. i dont think anyone can ever make me "better", the world is shit and everyone on this earth is shit i wish it would all just end.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Forever Sleep, cracklingroses, divinemistress36 and 7 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand feeling so tired of suffering in this existence, I just wish to be gone as well, in fact that's all I hope for. But anyway I wish you the best.

• Love
Reactions: citadelofme
M

MyTimeIsUp

Perhaps I'll be important when I'm long gone?
Feb 27, 2024
Unfortunately, some believe therapy is a cure for everything, but people forget not everyone can be 'cured'. Therapy doesn't work for everyone. Some traumas people cannot ever move on from. Ever.

There is lack of understanding in the therapeutic world - 'if you put the work in, it'll work and you'll be fine' - not always, no. Some traumas are resistant to it, and I wish, I desperately wish this was talked about more, especially because I am one of those individuals, like yourself.

I'm so sorry you're being forced to endure this torture. I would say keep going to prevent being sectioned on a psych ward. I don't know your situation, but you said you're being forced to go to therapy, so I can only presume that is the alternative? I don't know. I apologise if that was presumptuous of me

I hope things ease for you

• Love
Reactions: potatopie, divinemistress36, depthss and 1 other person
depthss

depthss

wikihow
Dec 12, 2023
i understand how you feel fully, its terrible when people force others to do this kind of stuff when they dont want to. i have an amazing therapist, but even then, he can only help me with smaller problems. there are bigger things that i cant tell anyone, and that therapy cannot fix

• Love
Reactions: citadelofme and divinemistress36
Leiot

Leiot

Student
Oct 2, 2024
Therapy is one piece of the program but some providers think it's some magical thing that will make all your problems go away. You didn't say if it was individual or group therapy. For me, I got a lot out of group therapy. Just being in the same room with people who understood what I was going through was really helpful.

Calliandras

Calliandras

Oct 15, 2024
I agree, everybody thinks therapy is going to magically solve all issues. I've done SO MUCH therapy over the years, and yet i'm still as fucked up as ever. Also, I don't know If it's because of the country I live in but the majority of the therapists i've been to fucking sucked. It's so hard to find a professional that actually cares about you.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2024
My therapist is cool and empathetic but she cant help my brain damage. Therapy only works for people with solveable problems

• Love
Reactions: Tombs_in_your_eyes, citadelofme and willow115
C

citadelofme

Sep 29, 2024
Therapy is one piece of the program but some providers think it's some magical thing that will make all your problems go away. You didn't say if it was individual or group therapy. For me, I got a lot out of group therapy. Just being in the same room with people who understood what I was going through was really helpful.
currently im in individual therapy, but i was in group for a while and it was even worse.
I agree, everybody thinks therapy is going to magically solve all issues. I've done SO MUCH therapy over the years, and yet i'm still as fucked up as ever. Also, I don't know If it's because of the country I live in but the majority of the therapists i've been to fucking sucked. It's so hard to find a professional that actually cares about you.
yeah theyve been putting me in therapy since i was like 7 and my mother says she will kick me out unless i go to therapy, she is obsessed with trying to "fix" me and get me to stop harming myself

• Aww..
Reactions: divinemistress36
cracklingroses

cracklingroses

Sep 10, 2023
I am so sorry you are forced into it. No one who is forced into therapy is going to benefit from it unless they want it. (And if they are lucky to actually benefit). I've been in therapy since I was 12. 23 now. And it's a bunch of bullshit. Trying to get empathy from apathetic, burnt out people is ridiculous. They don't give a fuck, they just want to get through their miserable day so they can go home and drink themselves asleep.

• Love
Reactions: citadelofme
C

citadelofme

Sep 29, 2024
I am so sorry you are forced into it. No one who is forced into therapy is going to benefit from it unless they want it. (And if they are lucky to actually benefit). I've been in therapy since I was 12. 23 now. And it's a bunch of bullshit. Trying to get empathy from apathetic, burnt out people is ridiculous. They don't give a fuck, they just want to get through their miserable day so they can go home and drink themselves asleep.
exactly!! i find it so stupid that im forced to tell someone my problems when they dont even know me and couldnt care less about me. if i kill myself today he wouldnt even know or care, im just another paycheck to him. i dont see the point in wasting my time on therapy when the only thing that could ever "fix" me is if the world wasnt such a shitty place. it feels useless for someone to try and convince me to stay alive.

Reactions: offbalance