• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
That doesn't mean that your child (who you decided to bring into existence for your own selfish reasons) should be obligated to remain alive and miserable. for your benefit. You made the decision to bring them into existence. Therefore, you caused yourself to be emotionally dependent on them, not the other way round. The risk of them committing suicide is a risk that YOU signed up to. It isn't on them to stay in existence against their will as your slave, just because you decided that you wanted to make slaves.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, thewalkingdread, pthnrdnojvsc and 2 others
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
You know, you might find life slightly easier if you try to let go of all that anger you're harbouring and negative projection you're placing on people you don't even know. Unless this is a rant at your own parents…

Why not follow your own advice?

IMG 2308

• Aww..
Reactions: GoatHerder
Justnotme

Justnotme

I want to hang myself
Mar 7, 2022
You know, you might find life slightly easier if you try to let go of all that anger you're harbouring and negative projection you're placing on people you don't even know. Unless this is a rant at your own parents…

Why not follow your own advice?

View attachment 145581
The bottom line is that a person has anger at being in such a world.
The fact that a person accepts that others gave birth to him, and not that he came by himself, will not change the world.
Events in the world will not get better, nothing will change.
Therefore, your words can be written like this: imagine that the world is different, that you were born "in another world, not in this one."

And this is impossible, because you are in this very world, the terrible sides of which you hate.

Now do you understand why people can't accept the state of things?

And if all people were resigned, then there would be no one to fight for the truth, for honor and goodness.

But there are few people here who can fight (THIS IS NOT A REPROACH, GUYS)
we are just exhausted as much as possible

Reactions: sserafim, Darkover and GoatHerder
Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
Events in the world will not get better, nothing will change.
I understand what you're saying and that's kind of my point too. Nothing will change by being angry at people you can't control, at policies you have very little influence over, at governments and organisations who aren't going to listen, at things that have already happened.

I happen to disagree with the broader subject of anti-natalism, so see a lot of things differently. But, I understand passion for a subject and I do know how utterly exhausting it is to be constantly fighting. I also know that for my own mental wellbeing, I had to learn to control my own anger and disappointment for things I just couldn't change.

GoatHerder

GoatHerder

Jul 11, 2024
Antinatalism ftw

Reactions: sserafim and Darkover
R

Rubypie41

Experienced
Mar 25, 2024
That doesn't mean that your child (who you decided to bring into existence for your own selfish reasons) should be obligated to remain alive and miserable. for your benefit. You made the decision to bring them into existence. Therefore, you caused yourself to be emotionally dependent on them, not the other way round. The risk of them committing suicide is a risk that YOU signed up to. It isn't on them to stay in existence against their will as your slave, just because you decided that you wanted to make slaves.
It's such a messed up scenario. No normal people bring others into this world intentionally to for them to suffer, but If people put their hand on their heart and said the true reason they had children, I believe the majority would be purely be for selfish reasons (they wanted children for their own pleasure, own purpose, own reasons, to give them meaning, responsibility, reasons to live, protection, someone for them to love etc.). How many people could hand on heart say their sole reason for having children was purely for the benefit of the child, I would argue very few, if any. Like did they really sit down one day and say this world is so magical that we simply have to bring someone new into it so they can experience just how magical this place is, I don't think so. For some the world is magical, but for others it's a dark place full of struggles, adversities, grief, pain, hard work, battles, conflict, illnesses and ultimately death awaits us all. We are all trying to soften the blow on ourselves by getting better jobs, earning more money for freedom and security, making friends to feel connected and less lonely/isolated, having a family to fit in with society and to have children that gives us pleasure, purpose, security etc. People by nature are inherintly selfish and in a lot of respect having children is an inherintly selfish thing to do.

I don't personally have any children, we did try but after a miscarriage and failed IVF it just didn't happen. That's not sad for the unborn child because they know nothing of it, it was incredibly sad for me and my partner because we wanted a child in our lives, we wanted to experience the magic of seeing what the child looked like, raising and nurturing the child, but still, all of those reasons are because that's what we wanted and I emphasis the word we, it's not necessarily what the child would have wanted because they are not created yet.

If the child had of been born and went on to suffer some chronic illness that caused them either physical or mental anguish that could not be cured, then how many parents out there would accept if the child said they wanted out of this world for their suffering to end. I believe very few would accept this, again for selfish reasons. If the child is gone then the parents feel like a failure, they are left without that main purpose in their lives, they are left with grief of their loss, left without protection, left without meaning etc.

My point here is having children whether you like it or not is a selfish act, as is not letting your child go if they are suffering and wanting to end it. Very sad, but also very true.

The moment you become a parent, you made that decision, so if you're the one suffering then I believe you have a duty to do everything possible to keep going, but I also understand there are limits and when pushed beyond what the mind is capable of taking, even parents will and do take their own lives.

If you're the child with no children of your own, then you do not owe it to your parents to keep suffering. They brought you here without your input, so should accept you wanting to leave out of love, compassion and not wanting you just to be around and suffer for their own selfish reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: sugarb, Justnotme, sserafim and 2 others