Tionally

Tionally

bored
Jul 5, 2023
and that's just the fact. some might somewhat care. they might even griefllforsome weeks after you die. but after less than a month they'll be totally fine and move on. and most won't even spend a day missing you. in the eyes of the others our death won't really matter.
but I guess that's normal?? maybe I'm wrong

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: pole, prettycvnt, thewalkingdread and 10 others
jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
I think you are for the most part correct. But I think for people you have genuine bonds with, your death affect them more heavily.

Just in my own life, my best friend/life partner would be devastated. He would probably just cease to function. And eventually die due to lack of self care.

It terrifies me. It keeps me trapped here, even though I do love him with all my heart.

• Informative
  • Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, Reuthry, Sleeper System and 2 others
TheBroken

TheBroken

What Really Matters Anymore?
Feb 13, 2022
This is correct. Guarantee the most one could hope for is some short-lived tears from a few humans and then not being thought of much again for the rest of time. Go to a cemetery and read the names/dates. Who were they and who cared/cares.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadandlonely99, Sleeper System and LoiteringClouds
Sleeper System

Sleeper System

Z z Z z Z z Z z Z z Z
May 5, 2022
The impact you make in peoples lives correlates with how long they grieve and remember you.
I think it takes 2-3 generations for a regular person to die (fade) in memory as well.
But in 100 years, there will be nothing left.

• Informative
Reactions: Reuthry
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Can't get any worse than them not appreciating or caring about me while I was still alive.

Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
At least Elmo cares about my life.

Download

• Hugs
  • Yay!
  • Aww..
Reactions: http-410, Forever Sleep, Slow_Farewell and 4 others
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
I disagree but I think we define care and grief differently

Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Personally I remember all the people who mean something to me who've passed over. All of them regularly. That they're not here anymore doesn't mean they're gone from my heart and mind.

• Love
Reactions: AInilam, ChiseHatori and Abyssal
ChiseHatori

ChiseHatori

Mar 2, 2023
God, I wish.

Having experienced loss from suicide and still feeling it decades later, it just isn't true. You will most likely affect at least one person, although there's a slim chance you won't (having no surviving friends or family, living in the middle of nowhere, providing for yourself - maybe it's possible...) Count yourself lucky if that's the case, because then you can truly die in peace.

• Love
Reactions: Myforevercharlie
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me đź’™
Nov 1, 2023
My experience with grief finds this untrue. There's not a day where I don't think of a person that I know that died, and it's been 2+ months now.

I mean, I don't show it externally because people around me wouldn't get it and wouldn't like it, but when I'm alone I always write letters to him. People always move on, on the outside, but it has a lasting effect on them.

Death freezes everything, so you can't tell them something you wish you had said but didn't, can't apologize, can't tell them you love them, comfort them, etc. You just have to keep letting those thoughts buzz into your head with nowhere to put them. You can't make new memories, so as you replay the old ones and inevitably run out of ones to remember, it's distressing.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: AInilam and Myforevercharlie
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Agree. Memory fades with time, and not just that, people are exposed to all sorts of external and internal triggers that affect what or who they remember. Granted, there's a certain few who may actually think about the person lost from time to time, but mostly I think it comes down to something like "Eh, remember (insert name)?" "yeah, kinda sad what happend, poor kid" "yeah" "so you headed out tomorrow?"
or something like that.

of course, you can also follow this to get some data on it.
This is correct. Guarantee the most one could hope for is some short-lived tears from a few humans and then not being thought of much again for the rest of time. Go to a cemetery and read the names/dates. Who were they and who cared/cares.

Visit a cemetery. Get a rough count of the number of headstones. Visit for about a week, each time counting the number of people and the headstones they visit. You'll find a very few with visitors, if at all.

Reactions: TheBroken
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The thought of being completely forgotten about comforts me personally. All I wish for is to peacefully disappear into nothingness, I want it to be like I never existed at all.

• Love
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
and that's just the fact. some might somewhat care. they might even griefllforsome weeks after you die. but after less than a month they'll be totally fine and move on. and most won't even spend a day missing you. in the eyes of the others our death won't really matter.
but I guess that's normal?? maybe I'm wrong
You are right in my case. I have no one, I leave no lasting legacy other than the crazy woman who cried constantly. I just want to be out of this pain

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Depends really on who relies on you emotionally/ physically/ psychologically. My Mum died 40 years ago. Everyone that I know that knew her still misses her. My life completely altered when she died. We don't live in isolation a lot of the time but true- in the grand scheme of things, most of us will be forgotten within maybe one or two generations.

Just depends on who you have around you. How they tend to be affected by death- some people are more affected by others and how much it bothers you- what your actions may do to others. Some people reason that they won't be here to see it- so- they simply don't care. I can't see it like that but- each to their own. Ultimately, our suicides likely will upset someone. Still- if we are suffering every day, you'd hope they'd understand that and not only forgive us but- feel relief for us too.

• Hugs
Reactions: thewalkingdread
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I don't think this is true for anyone with any degree of closeness to people. If you have managed to completely isolate yourself from everyone then yes, any grief will be rather short lived. But for most people who are suicidal, this is a mirage they convince themselves of out of depression and as a way to cope with the pain they will leave behind. If you are at all close with your family or have even somewhat close friends they will grieve and it will be genuine, gut wrenching grief. For how long depends on the person grieving, but to say that no one will grieve you is often not true.

• Informative