U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
I had a conversation with my parents tonight. I don't know what I was expecting but hinted at the fact that I want to ctb by saying something along the lines of "Can you see how I may feel if I have to suffer another decade of this pain despite trying every treatment?" but of course, no parent wants to see their kid go. They obviously took the "I can't let this happen," approach including one of them crying. I feel guilty, but I don't know what to do. I have been in such extreme pain for too long already considering that I have nearly exhausted treatment options at the 1/3rd mark of my life.

I don't want to traumatize them but it is going to happen at some point. It just hurts so much and I fear that I am in for far more torment than I can take. I'm worried that if I don't buy sn soon, it will be too late and I'll have to resort to more painful and violent methods than I'd prefer. Firearms, jumping, and hanging are just not what I want for my departure route and if I get stuck using one of these options in the future, I will be leaving an extremely angry and explicit suicide note towards all those contributed to getting rid of the only semi peaceful options that I know of, not that they would care.

They'll probably talk about what a tragedy it is if they ever hear about my ctb and of course I'd like for them to know that it is not remotely tragic. The real tragedy is everything that led me to that point. All the horror that resides within my mind, the trauma, the unending suffering that words don't describe, the stigmatization, being trans in this world, etc. Suffering knows no bounds. What terrifies me the most is that it truly can get worse and it will if I stick around long enough. Will it get better? Sure it will! It will get better for 3 weeks out of the year maybe if I am lucky! Or if I am feeling extra ambitious, I can make it better even quicker by taking substances and self-harming. Sure miss those ones because they atleast worked for me unlike fucking exercise and meditation. All sarcasm aside, even if things get better, it's pretty hard to convince me that all of this horrible suffering is worth it. There is no way to spin it that makes me want to see this in a positive light. I guess when it comes down to it, I may have to ctb while one or both of my parents are still alive because otherwise, I am in for far more horror than I ever signed up for.

The more I wait, the more I feel like I am never gonna ctb which absolutely horrifies me but on the other hand, there are reasons that it would be difficult to work out right now even if I did want to start planning. This is surely going to be a long life...

• Hugs
Reactions: GreenTree, donealready, mateodolores and 4 others
Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
I'm sorry that the talk with your parents didn't go well. It sucks, but it seems like they have good intentions. It's awful that you've had to suffer for so long and I hope you're able to find peace and end your suffering soon.

Reactions: mateodolores
U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
It sucks, but it seems like they have good intentions.
It's infuriating at times but I can't say that I blame them. I'm just really scared of ending up even more trapped later on if my life devolves into a worse situation that prohibits me further from ctbing. I'd like to think that I'll know when the time is right so hopefully I don't fail myself in that regard.

• Hugs
Reactions: donealready, mateodolores, flyingtopluto and 1 other person
mateodolores

mateodolores

walking corpse
Dec 5, 2022
I understand how it hard it is to battle the urge to ctb and the guilt from leaving your loved ones. I realize, however, it'll be more painful to hang on for others when I'm deteriorating every day.

I've explained to them in the best way possible that they're going to lose me either way due to drugs or suicide. It sucked to tell my sibling and my other loved ones that they're going to lose me, but I had to rip the band-aid off. I can't do it anymore and holding on for another only hurts everyone in the end imo.

S

swanlife

Oct 5, 2022
May i ask what your disease is? Is it possible to get assisted suicide for you with it?

U

Unending

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2022
May i ask what your disease is? Is it possible to get assisted suicide for you with it?
I don't have a physical/somatic disease. Rather, it is several mental health diagnoses that have shown no improvement with years of treatment. I wish that assisted suicide was an option for me.
I understand how it hard it is to battle the urge to ctb and the guilt from leaving your loved ones. I realize, however, it'll be more painful to hang on for others when I'm deteriorating every day.

I've explained to them in the best way possible that they're going to lose me either way due to drugs or suicide. It sucked to tell my sibling and my other loved ones that they're going to lose me, but I had to rip the band-aid off. I can't do it anymore and holding on for another only hurts everyone in the end imo.
I have come to terms with the fact that for me it is when and not if. Of course there is the exception of if I get better but that seems objectively very unlikely considering the nature of my issues. I'm sorry that you're suffering as well, there's no reason for such cruelty in this world.

• Hugs
Reactions: donealready
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least to me any kind of suffering could never be worth it in every single way possible. Having to exist really can be so awful and torturous and your feelings of wishing to leave are understandable. There is nothing tragic about suicide to me, instead it's tragic how all this life is able to exist and how we have the ability to suffer and be aware of all this. But I hope that you find what you wish for, I also very much hate the fact how the more desirable method options get restricted, so many of us have struggled so much in life so it really does seem cruel how we have to struggle so much in finding ways to die.

Reactions: GreenTree