• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

N

Nickreading

Jun 25, 2020
So, even on this website, it seems like there's a lot of people who pretend to believe that no one is stopping people from CTB, and if we really wanted to do it, we just would. I say they pretend to believe this, because in my experience there is a 100 percent overlap between people who say there's no one stopping us and those who will call the cops on a suicidal person (effectively stopping us).

In 2014, the international association of epidemiology worked with the South Korean government to limit access to paraquat, a pesticide commonly used in suicides. That year, the South Korean suicide rate dropped in half. To those of you saying that no one is stopping us from CTB, how do you explain that? Do you think the rate of legitimately suicidal south Koreans just halved at the exact same time these controls were put in place?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, divinemistress36, DandiFynalicious and 13 others
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
The same happens when one "is not ready" or they say you don't want do it because survival instinct. How do you explain the same person, with the same circumatances, stops being ready without it changing?

Reactions: DandiFynalicious, TuttiFrutti and sserafim
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
If you prevent people from committing suicide but do not alleviate their suffering, you are trapping them, not saving them.
renderTimingPixel.png

You should prevent their suicide by alleviating their suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, suicidesheep31.1, TiredOfAllThis and 12 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
It's more meant that if someone is ready then they will find a way.

People who go around telling doctors, family and friends they are about to CTB are not ready, it's a cry for help. If someone was ready they would just do it and not tell people. Telling people can do nothing good, we cannot expect people to just stand by and do nothing.

From my view its annoying to see the same people post day after day about how bad all life is and tell everyone life is pointless, yet choose to carry on themselves. We are pro choice, not pro death.

• Yay!
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Adûnâi, Final_Choice, dggtscccvfd and 3 others
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
I am split on this. On one hand it can seem logical that one could take their own life if desire to do so is overwhelming. But on the other hand our bodies avoid it like a plague.

Then there is also another thing that causes confusion, do I really want to die or I just have to escape my predicament and would be alive if things were more to my liking...

Whatever the case, our minds are a mess. I remember when I self harmed once and seeing blood made me feel empathy towards myself and I got the urge to take care of the wound immediately like I am caring for someone else not the person that agreed to this.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Adûnâi, DandiFynalicious, TuttiFrutti and 5 others
N

Nickreading

Jun 25, 2020

People who go around telling doctors, family and friends they are about to CTB are not ready, it's a cry for help. If someone was ready they would just do it and not tell people. Telling people can do nothing good, we cannot expect people to just stand by and do nothing.

From my view its annoying to see the same people post day after day about how bad all life is and tell everyone life is pointless, yet choose to carry on themselves. We are pro choice, not pro death.
Dude, you're not even pro-honesty. I am ready. Been ready for years. I can't get ahold of a humane, effective method. I don't want to be miserable AND paralyzed.

I am being forced to live. To deny this is dishonest. To say that I'm just not ready or that there's no one stopping me is gaslighting.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, EvisceratedJester, pthnrdnojvsc and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Honestly I think the people saying drivel like "anyone could choose to ctb instantly at any moment and if you are still breathing it means you don't want it enough" are literally trolling. I've noticed the same thing on this site, there's been a lot of comments like that ever since this site became so mainstream.

Those who are trolling suicidal people with their insensitive drivel clearly are just desperate for attention, they are pathetic honestly and best ignored no matter what. I also feel so trapped in this existence, it truly is extreme cruelty how we cannot just choose to cease existing in a guaranteed way without any fears of suffering much more from a failed attempt.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi, DandiFynalicious, Rogue Proxy and 4 others
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022

I agree with you. But it's also the fact that someone can be ready but something else can hold them to the world like family friends partner etc. they are ready to die but aren't ready to leave yet kind of

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023
So, even on this website, it seems like there's a lot of people who pretend to believe that no one is stopping people from CTB, and if we really wanted to do it, we just would. I say they pretend to believe this, because in my experience there is a 100 percent overlap between people who say there's no one stopping us and those who will call the cops on a suicidal person (effectively stopping us).

In 2014, the international association of epidemiology worked with the South Korean government to limit access to paraquat, a pesticide commonly used in suicides. That year, the South Korean suicide rate dropped in half. To those of you saying that no one is stopping us from CTB, how do you explain that? Do you think the rate of legitimately suicidal south Koreans just halved at the exact same time these controls were put in place?
https://academic.oup.com/ije/article/45/2/470/2572538 - study on the aforementioned South Korean example.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Nickreading
L

LifeIsCrazyNemb

Arcanist
Jan 21, 2024
Those who are trolling suicidal people with their insensitive drivel clearly are just desperate for attention, they are pathetic honestly and best ignored no matter what.
Look who's talking, you are clearly the most attention-seeker here, spaming this forum everyday and anoyying most of users.

Reactions: divinemistress36, Deleted member 82921 and dggtscccvfd
D

dggtscccvfd

Mage
Jun 1, 2023

I have told doctors & family that I'm going to CTB and I'm not lying!

H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
To the OP, I think it's like this, no one can stop you from jumping a bridge or train, nvm all the other options that are being taken away, they can't take those 2 nor Carbon Monoxide, so technically they're right. However, do the former 2 and watch the same people bitch about what you've done to innocent others, innocent Id like to rephrase as ignorant. Cause that's what most people are.

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I am split on this. On one hand it can seem logical that one could take their own life if desire to do so is overwhelming. But on the other hand our bodies avoid it like a plague.

Then there is also another thing that causes confusion, do I really want to die or I just have to escape my predicament and would be alive if things were more to my liking...

Whatever the case, our minds are a mess. I remember when I self harmed once and seeing blood made me feel empathy towards myself and I got the urge to take care of the wound immediately like I am caring for someone else not the person that agreed to this.
Instincts are a very powerful thing, especially when deliberate harm is involved. It is very complex and varies by individual. Having a visceral reaction to seeing your own injuries is a perfectly normal, and expected response, as well as dissociating and feeling like you're in another body while tending to those wounds. It's a means of coping with a stressful and difficult situation.

I agree with the OP that it is a bit disingenuous to say that anyone can go waltz off and do it of their own free will. There are so many things that can go wrong, and a person has to be meticulously planned and clandestine as to not arouse suspicion, making a suicidal individual feel as if they are committing a criminal act. It's stupidly easy in many countries to be detained by the police for being suicidal, so is it truly a choice someone can just go easily make? No.

I can relate to feeling detached and like a different person once those survival instincts kick in, though truthfully I've only been scared when inflicting harm onto myself. I think taking action is a very different ballgame compared to floating through life listlessly and waiting for death to come naturally- passive suicidality.

A year ago I had a bunch of tumors in my inside, some of which had fluid that leaked everywhere and caused me to nearly get sepsis and die. The pain was excruciating and I prayed for death, the surgeon who operated on me told me it was a miracle that I survived as long as I did with all of that going on. Yet, at this time I was not scared and 100% ready to go, even before I was doped up on painkillers and anesthetics. Even when others freaked out, I just wanted to be done and at peace. I wasn't afraid of dying then and actively welcomed it.

In contrast, catching the bus is very different to laying in a hospital bed with a poor prognosis, it requires deliberate action and a high pain tolerance, with no nurse at your bedside to administer a morphine drip if things get too rough. This is what truly makes going through with it difficult for me, those survival instincts that kick in with no real way to abate them, and serious consequences if one botches an attempt.

I've been on here for many years and learned my lesson so to speak about telling anyone I know irl how I feel. They won't get it, they don't understand why I have to do it, and I get no benefit from it as I know when I am ready to go it would only cause me further complications if someone suspects that I am going to do it. So it does make me sad to frequently see the view espoused here that if someone has SI, they aren't really suicidal.

I've been wanting to be gone for years and the feelings of raw hopelessness have only gotten worse, even if I've become slightly more numb over the years. Posting on here is the only outlet that myself and many others have, there really is no space for these persistent, long-term suicidal urges, and it doesn't make that pain any less real or valid if someone experiences fear too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, floralheaddress, BlockHammer and 1 other person
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
You're 'alleged' as the former user cake123 in tanacruls video to be one of the so-called bad users from which his video drew so many mainstream users to anyway, so don't overlook your own part in any complaint or issue you blame on the site being mainstream.
Not picking sides but, to be fair, without her there is still a ton of material on the video. People who don't like this site would simply put something else in bad light.

Reactions: FutureHanger
MidnightCat

MidnightCat

Still 3 more lives to go.
Jan 1, 2023
I've always thought about this.

If you really wanna die there's just noone who can stop you, there's simply no human way possible to stop someone who really wants to do it.

People can delay it (call the cops, psychic ward..), try to make it less accessible (prohibition, legislations..) and so on.

But in the end there's no way to permanently stop someone who wants to suicide.

So.. In the end... There's noone stopping us.

leloyon

leloyon

I'll see you in the Wired.
Feb 4, 2023
No one can stop you, except suicide hotlines, forced hospitalisation, banning chemicals and weapons, anti-suicide barriers on bridges, increased security for tall buildings, etc.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester and sadandlonely99
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Suicide prevention is just the lazy option, instead of actually tackling the big issues that cause it. It's a total cop out from society!

I often wonder what will happen, if a perfectly peaceful method emerges that is impossible for government / society to control or restrict? Imagine something you grow in your back garden, that no government can prevent… like cyanide or something but more peaceful.

Then governments would actually have to take the problems seriously and try improve the broken aspects of society and people's lives…

It's a bit like the climate crisis. Society is only now taking it seriously, because they have no choice and are forced to do so.

Reactions: divinemistress36, TiredOfAllThis and Darkover
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I've only noticed a couple of members saying this kind of thing. I find it strange too but, there we go. I feel like they have a very specific idea of what a suicidal person should be and how they should act. Which- I disagree with. I think our experience of ideation is just as unique as we are. There's no real way to predict how serious a person is and how likely it is they'll do it.

I've also read people say our societies encourage suicide- which I also find a bizarre statement. Otherwise- assisted suicide would be legalised for everyone- surely? There'd be no prevention whatsoever. No such thing as sectioning.

Where I would agree is maybe our governments only pretend to care. I don't think the 'help' they provide is necessarily sufficient or effective. That's different to encouraging suicide. It's simply more of an indifference.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester, Relic, TiredOfAllThis and 1 other person
Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
Thank you for sharing this. I feel like there is probably a recognition that the future with climate change is goig to be dim, and with current economic instability for a lot of people that the ruling class recognizes there are going to be more people who want to CTB. At the same time the ruling classes need serfs to keep the machinery of capitalism going. So they distract us with crap to buy and a humane society would recognize there should be effective ways to end one's life.

Reactions: TiredOfAllThis
Twiceler

Twiceler

Pro-suicide. Blackpill.
Dec 16, 2021

Noone is really stopping me, although maybe some people try to prevent it indirectly, but why should I care about it?

Statistics and numbers aren't made for consequences, at least it doesn't elucidate all either prove anything, we can only speculate.

And usually, suicidal people understand that someone can call the cops on them (so they hide), whereas people who exactly do call the cops on them are usually not even sure what is happening - they might even be scared for themselves lives in the moment.

Last edited:
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
Climate crisis is yet another hoax to extort more money from the serfs by imposing more taxes.

Possibly, or it could be real and yet still being used to exploit us. It doesn't have to be either/or.

We were always going to reach peak oil. And that would always have dumped society into chaos, if we were unprepared for it.

Fossil fuels are like magic fairy dust, they've propelled industry forward at eye watering speed. But the magic beans can't last forever. And there is no doubting some of the science, particularly around the effects on human health with toxic emissions.

Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
Has to be trolling. You can't walk five steps without coming across some initiative the goal of which is explicitly stopping suicide. Society, across the board, doesn't like it, which is why it has issue with this forum and why methods are not discussed elsewhere and why a bunch of convenient substances etc. are constantly being removed.

Plenty of people do attempt in desperation, but the problem is that an uninformed attempt often results in failure, and many of us are not at all interested in being stuck explaining it to people, or, even worse, ending up in some vegetative state.

Reactions: DandiFynalicious, KuriGohan&Kamehameha, floralheaddress and 5 others
T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
You can't even google "I want to die" without getting a large banner of some suicide prevention hotline

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Shrike and underthedatetree
underthedatetree

underthedatetree

Oct 20, 2023
You can't even google "I want to die" without getting a large banner of some suicide prevention hotline
"You're not alone" "Help is out there"
*you call 988*
*a bored volunteer suggests you take a walk in a park*
*they try to end the call as soon as possible to get through the sheer number of other desperate callers*

Reactions: reclaimedbynature, EvisceratedJester and TiredOfAllThis
Lookingtoflyfree

Lookingtoflyfree

Experienced
Jan 11, 2024
Climate crisis is yet another hoax to extort more money from the serfs by imposing more taxes.
Can you take this garbage attitude elsewhere? You're a 'student' so perhaps read up on the science a bit more. I don't need to interact with climate deniers. Marked your post as misinformation and hope it will be taken down.

Reactions: reclaimedbynature and DandiFynalicious
DandiFynalicious

DandiFynalicious

Existence is Pain
Dec 18, 2023
Whenever I think I am really ready to go through with it my blood turns to ice and I freeze. It's like my body physically won't let me move towards the goal. Just like I can't simply turn off my breathing or heartbeat.