• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

WishToBeGood

WishToBeGood

To scared to live and to scared to die
Jul 22, 2023
No one understands why I get so sad when bad things happen in tv and movies. I watch shows where sad things happen and get super emotional. The reason for this is that I hate real life. Tv and movies are filled with fun characters I can sympathize with, while all real people I know are horrible to everyone around them. That's not to say that all people are bad, I believe that there are good people out there, but everyone I know is a bad person.

All of this leads up to the question that I have been trying to find answers to for years, witch is, is there any way to escape to a better reality? Anything would be helpful and I know that this is probably a dumb question.

• Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenAgain, Praestat_Mori and Forever Sleep
JOkE2109

JOkE2109

Student
Dec 18, 2023
I would say to try day dreaming and lucid dreaming. It's only a temporary escape though.

HighFlight

HighFlight

Global Mod
Jun 28, 2023
I can totally relate to getting emotional watching TV shows and movies. Our reasons may differ, but empathizing with the characters is a trait we share. For me, it can happen with music as well, and my reaction is always the same regardless of the character's emotions - tears.

But as far as escaping to another reality, that's on each of us as individuals. And the way to escape this reality is to change it for yourself. While you may have certain challenges, we are each given a level of freewill to change. What's within your control that you could change and provide you with a different reality?

Dreaming could be one approach, but so could certain drugs or even VR or gaming technology. But these are quick, temporary escapes, some with potentially harmful side effects. A change in job/lifestyle/connections/appearance could lead to a more permanent change, but takes time and effort and resources. Maybe pick your favorite character(s) and channel them in your normal life.

Keep in mind that if you're looking for a new reality, ctb isn't guaranteed to give that to you. It simply ends your current reality, and like any quick solution, comes with it's own potentially harmful side effects.

Ultimately, you need to pick your own path to follow. I'd suggest going slow and weigh your options carefully.

Wisely choose, you must. <(○○)>

• Love
Reactions: WishToBeGood, ForgottenAgain, Praestat_Mori and 2 others