T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
For example, samurais who did seppuku/harakiri they didn't have any mental illness (well we'll never know but if they failed they knew their destiny was to ctb). Same for kamikazes. The didn't have any mental illness. What I'm trying to point is that not always mental illness is part of ctb. Sorry I don't want to offend anyone. Hugs

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Xiaomi, Fadinglife and 2 others
GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
So?

• Love
Reactions: CarbonMonoxide and TimeToBiteTheDust
greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
no yeah i understand what you're saying. i mean many people have caught the bus because of bullying or because of a bad situation at home so yes it is not only those with mental illness who ctb. but honestly i would say that anyone's reason to ctb is valid as long as the person feels it is valid, whether that be mental illness or something else. i've always wanted to ctb but i've never technically been diagnosed with any mental illnesses. but anyways, you make a valid point. thank you for sharing that. :)

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
P

Paralyzed boy

May 7, 2020
For example, samurais who did seppuku/harakiri they didn't have any mental illness (well we'll never know but if they failed they knew their destiny was to ctb). Same for kamikazes. The didn't have any mental illness. What I'm trying to point is that not always mental illness is part of ctb. Sorry I don't want to offend anyone. Hugs
I'll be honest the will to CTB is very personalized because its innate that we all want to survive at all cost. I think that mental illness plays such a significant role in wanting to CTB but mental illness in its self is much more complicated then that. What I've found is that often times the desire to CTB is our bodies natural response when we get overwhelmed or we have such long periods of pro-longed hopelessness. I think that CTB is an the ultimate action and mental illness is probably the most prevalent factor attached to it. But to actually carrying out CTB, it remains a very personal choice and mental illness is just a consequence of the things that happen to us and life's struggles that often make someone want to CTB.

I've noticed often that alot of people aren't born with depression but life and it's struggles and the tragedies around it can make any sane person desire and conclude that they must CTB

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust and greekyfish10
Mustkeyknow

Mustkeyknow

Experienced
Feb 8, 2020
I've noticed often that alot of people aren't born with depression but life and it's struggles and the tragedies around it can make any sane person desire and conclude that they must CTB

This.

Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
Most people who CTB don't have a mental illness, but are feeling the pressure of a matrix-like society conflicting with their natural thoughts and feelings. Science tries to explain away mental illness, but really doesn't have a good understanding because they are looking at it from the wrong perspective. They think it's the individual's fault instead of their environment.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Homecoming, Fadinglife and 3 others
P

Paralyzed boy

May 7, 2020
Most people who CTB don't have a mental illness, but are feeling the pressure of a matrix-like society conflicting with their natural thoughts and feelings. Science tries to explain away mental illness, but really doesn't have a good understanding because they are looking at it from the wrong perspective. They think it's the individual's fault instead of their environment.
Welcome to Social Work 101; you've just literally figured out social work in a nutshell haha, basically sums up my entire career and education

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I agree with you. In today's crazy anti-choice world, people view those who chose to suicide to be mentally ill, irrational, and not in the right state of mind to make decisions (a catch-22 really). However, if they applied such standards to people of the past, then by their own admissions, everyone who CTB'd were mentally ill, but we know that is just not factually true. I think that CTB can be made rationally and sometimes even the better of many choices in such a dire situation. In fact, I think that from the samurai example (and with other similar cultures in the past and throughout history), honor, dignity, and pride are more important that death is a better fate than to be humiliated, shamed, dishonored. They (the samurais) also see that death is a way of restoring honor and to save face, even in modern day Japan, there are people who still hold similar mentalities and values that death is better than shame and there are people who CTB in order to avoid bringing shame to their own families or be viewed as someone who has failed.

• Love
Reactions: Fadinglife and Lupgevif
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
I wouldn't consider this blind loyalty samurais and kamikazes had for their country a sign of a healthy mind per se. Not a mental illness though.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game and Meditation guide
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Some of us are simply in impossible situations due to overwhelming health problems. Having pain every minute of every day gets old real fast.

• Aww..
Reactions: XYZ
S

sapegato95

Aug 12, 2020
Some people think that if you want to kill your self it's stupid and crazy

• Wow
Reactions: Homecoming
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
Some people think that if you want to kill your self it's stupid and crazy
There was a time when I was young when I would have thought anyone was crazy to ctb but not now.

• Aww..
Reactions: Paralyzed boy and Lorntroubles
S

Sk1n1M1n

Experienced
Jan 29, 2020
But the problems of life dont make thr illness it'd symptoms it'd when the symptoms are impacting your ability to function

X

Xiaomi

Gone.
Aug 8, 2020
Most suicidal people I've met don't have mental illnesses. They're actually the kindest, most genuine, caring people on this earth.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game