NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
Is there any reason to live? I hate working basically my entire day just to get some money that barely pay my bills, and I have no joy, no women, no friends, no hobbies. That sucks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, it's_all_a_game, Bigpink and 6 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
As for love, if you really search for it you'll find it sooner or late.

As regards money, well the 9-5 system is hell. That's why I decided to be a teacher and only work as many hours as I feel like. Also, I do some online stuff (selling pdf lessons, filling captchas/surveys, etc)

Why don't you give what I mentioned a shot?

Reactions: NodusTollens
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
As for love, if you really search for it you'll find it sooner or late.

As regards money, well the 9-5 system is hell. That's why I decided to be a teacher and only work as many hours as I feel like. Also, I do some online stuff (selling pdf lessons, filling captchas/surveys, etc)

Why don't you give what I mentioned a shot?
I don't think I'm able to find someone, It's been 35 years already and I've never have a girlfriend.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Dr Iron Arc, NodusTollens and 2 others
R

rhonda

Mar 8, 2020
Clearly I am no expert on reasons to live...we're on a suicide site after all....but I don't think we're quite ready to give up either...aside from working more I can't tell you how to earn more money except to hang in there....if you can't find a job to earn enough then at least try to have a job you don't hate so it won't seem so bad. As for love? Hmmm....I don't know what's worse... being alone or continually choosing abusive partners that make me feel even more worthless than I do on my own. Love will come, I can promise that, you just have to be open to it...I always seem to send it packing :( In the meantime, how about a cat? I have three, yup the crazy cat lady....but they're a reason to get out of bed...so many reasons I won't name.... animals can do amazing things for your psyche...even if they drive you crazy

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and Chupacabra 44
Z

Zimcity

Mar 10, 2020
I don't think I'm able to find someone, It's been 35 years already and I've never have a girlfriend.
Of course you can find someone. As a male it gets easier and easier every year so long as you don't have kids of your own. Tons of single moms looking for a supportive nr.2.
The older you get the easier it gets.
Just dont be shy about it. And if you are shy; exposure training. Go on date after date. You'll get better at it every time.

The problem you'll face, if you're inexperienced, is that you don't really know what you like. So odds are you're gonna pick wrong the first few times and it's gonna hurt like hell. Just be careful and don't get kids with any. So long as there are no kids involved you can always move along and never think about that person again. If you have kids with someone thats not a luxury you'll likely have.

NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
Of course you can find someone. As a male it gets easier and easier every year so long as you don't have kids of your own. Tons of single moms looking for a supportive nr.2.
The older you get the easier it gets.
Just dont be shy about it. And if you are shy; exposure training. Go on date after date. You'll get better at it every time.

The problem you'll face, if you're inexperienced, is that you don't really know what you like. So odds are you're gonna pick wrong the first few times and it's gonna hurt like hell. Just be careful and don't get kids with any. So long as there are no kids involved you can always move along and never think about that person again. If you have kids with someone thats not a luxury you'll likely have.
I believe I've reached an age where all women that is going to be interesed in me are the single mothers or ugly females, and I don't want nothing with both.

Z

Zimcity

Mar 10, 2020
I believe I've reached an age where all women that is going to be interesed in me are the single mothers or ugly females, and I don't want nothing with both.
That's entirely up to you.
You're in an age where their kids are growing up so even though there's some responsibility that comes along with that, it's not much of a hindrance to your romance. And the females are possibly content with not having more children if that's your preference.

You are at an age where the "normal" women and/or "attractive" women without children are becoming exceedingly rare.
My kids mother was about 30 when I met her. She had barely been in a relationship and no kids. - Wich was a red flag to me.
If only I listened to my red flag back then!!!
Anyway - if kids it's out of the question for you that's perfectly fine and I agree it will bump the difficulty a few notches at your age.

For my own part, kids was never a hindrance. I lived with kids long before I got my own.

NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
That's entirely up to you.
You're in an age where their kids are growing up so even though there's some responsibility that comes along with that, it's not much of a hindrance to your romance. And the females are possibly content with not having more children if that's your preference.

You are at an age where the "normal" women and/or "attractive" women without children are becoming exceedingly rare.
My kids mother was about 30 when I met her. She had barely been in a relationship and no kids. - Wich was a red flag to me.
If only I listened to my red flag back then!!!
Anyway - if kids it's out of the question for you that's perfectly fine and I agree it will bump the difficulty a few notches at your age.

For my own part, kids was never a hindrance. I lived with kids long before I got my own.
"You are at an age where the "normal" women and/or "attractive" women without children are becoming exceedingly rare."

That's pretty much it. Seems impossible to find an attractive 30 year old ladie without any kids.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
Is there any reason to live? I hate working basically my entire day just to get some money that barely pay my bills, and I have no joy, no women, no friends, no hobbies. That sucks.
You're looking for joy from outside of yourself. Looking for other people or things to bring you happiness is where you're going wrong.
You will never be happy until you grasp a sense of self. I am only realising this at 38.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Chupacabra 44, NodusTollens and Deleted member 14573
Z

Zimcity

Mar 10, 2020
"You are at an age where the "normal" women and/or "attractive" women without children are becoming exceedingly rare."

That's pretty much it. Seems impossible to find an attractive 30 year old ladie without any kids.
Plenty of them with issues. I assume you don't want kids of your own either?

NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
That's fair - and a pickle :)
Unfortunately it is a woman's world and it seems there's ten times more of us than there are of them
We are fighting a losing battle.

Z

Zimcity

Mar 10, 2020
We are fighting a losing battle.
We are.
Modern society unfortunately promotes a fair amount of negative attitudes towards family life. I've always done alright in the dating world, but this is my first time single with kids of my own as part of the package. I'm surprised to find that's a deal breaker for pretty much every woman. It was never an issue for me. Kids are fun, though babies are not.

Reactions: Emily_Numb
NothingElseMatters

NothingElseMatters

Warlock
Mar 30, 2020
We are.
Modern society unfortunately promotes a fair amount of negative attitudes towards family life. I've always done alright in the dating world, but this is my first time single with kids of my own as part of the package. I'm surprised to find that's a deal breaker for pretty much every woman. It was never an issue for me. Kids are fun, though babies are not.
Yeah, they don't like men with kids. That's what I've been told.

Emily_Numb

Emily_Numb

Wizard
Jan 14, 2020
No, I don't like kids, especially if they aren't mine.
Well you're simply reducing your dating pool even smaller. Vast majority of women will want children. Finding someone who is over 30, childless who doesn't want to have children is going to be tough. I think the statistics are 1 in 10 women don't want children.
Sometimes I think guys want to cockblock themselves.
I didn't necessarily want to marry a man with children if you asked me at 20. But I met my husband when I was 23 and he had two children from a previous marriage who he saw every weekend. If you find the right person you tent to move your goalposts a little.
One thing I totally get is if you do end up with a woman who already has children is that their father is in their lives and is financially responsible for them. That I can totally understand and agree with.