GreenGlassDoor

GreenGlassDoor

life is but a dream
Oct 25, 2023
I think its funny how people try to comfort you by talking about how other people have been through the same as you have. Its not like I dont know that, there are so many people who deal with similar if not worse lives than what I live. Knowing other people stuggle in the same way I do isnt comforting, it just means the world is a messed up place for more people. It makes me want to CTB more knowing how much this world sucks, and that there are so many other people who have been pushed to CTB as well. Whats the point of fighting for survival if it dosent get better? The world dosent stop being shitty because you decide to be an optimist. Truama dosent go away if you choose to ignore it. There is no point in sticking around on this stupid planet. I have tried for so long to subscibe to society's rules and live the dream; happy, healthy, social, ambitious... But its just not me. So, no. Knowing so many other people have had to deal with this bs and worse really just convinces me that wanting to live is a joke.
Thanks for reading my rant♡

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: oohiniyorafaad, Neverfeltdeader, Hollowman and 11 others
SPlathsOven

SPlathsOven

Sep 21, 2023
I think its funny how people try to comfort you by talking about how other people have been through the same as you have. Its not like I dont know that, there are so many people who deal with similar if not worse lives than what I live. Knowing other people stuggle in the same way I do isnt comforting, it just means the world is a messed up place for more people. It makes me want to CTB more knowing how much this world sucks, and that there are so many other people who have been pushed to CTB as well. Whats the point of fighting for survival if it dosent get better? The world dosent stop being shitty because you decide to be an optimist. Truama dosent go away if you choose to ignore it. There is no point in sticking around on this stupid planet. I have tried for so long to subscibe to society's rules and live the dream; happy, healthy, social, ambitious... But its just not me. So, no. Knowing so many other people have had to deal with this bs and worse really just convinces me that wanting to live is a joke.
right? like its just further confirmation that the world is a sucky place to be lol

Reactions: myusername890, callen, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, exactly. Knowing that other people go through shitty lives too isn't a good thing. I don't take pleasure in the suffering of people

Reactions: GreenGlassDoor, Hollowman, myusername890 and 1 other person
Snowstorm

Snowstorm

Can you see me?
Oct 23, 2023

i think the reason it is brought up is to imply that we are not completely alone in our suffering, but it feels like that is a misunderstanding in the way that we would feel alone in the first place. at least, it always felt like that to me
i agree with this a lot

• Hugs
Reactions: myusername890 and pole
P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
it's also invalidating.

the reason people say it is to make you feel less alone and feel better about your problems. yet, it does quite the opposite. unfortunately, those who say it lack both awareness and a strong degree of empathy, as well as an inadequate understanding of how someone suicidal and on the edge could be feeling.

it treats each of our problems and individual suffering as the same. however, each person is unique and yes, we may feel the same emotions, but the intensity, degree to which it is painful to us, and how we process it differs to the next person.

how you and I feel about certain issues that cause us pain and suffering is different. there is a way that I feel about certain things that you've never felt strongly about and as a result could never understand how I feel. likewise, there's certain stuff that I do not feel as strongly about, which has plagued your life experiences, and as a result I could never truly understand what you're going through either.

I think this is crucial to acknowledge and understand. it's honestly basic empathy. I also feel like this response is what someone spewing toxic positivity would say as well. when someone says something like this to you, chances are they weren't truly listening to a word you were saying and cannot understand what you are trying to communicate.

when we're at our lowest, what we feel first above anything is our pain and suffering. many of us will struggle to look beyond what we're going through and feel for what others are dealing with because of how intense our own feelings are. a response like this, albeit coming from a good place, from someone that is well-intentioned, makes us feel even more lonely.

for me, when someone tells me something like this, I recognize that this person likely isn't listening, which is fine, whatever. in addition, this person may not have the capacity to deal with and handle me venting about my personal problems. and that's okay. It's important to recognize so you don't exhaust your energy in the wrong place.

unfortunately, I feel this way about most people and have yet to come across someone who I feel would want to shoulder the weight of my problems, try to understand them, and be there for me each step of the way.

for me, it's best to keep things to myself. i feel safer that way.

• Love
Reactions: GreenGlassDoor, Hollowman, Deleted member 31858 and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The fact that this world is filled with endless cruelty and suffering certainly makes me wish to be free from it even more as well, I don't understand the people who act like unnecessary and meaningless suffering is beneficial. And nobody can truly experience existence in the same way as others after all so saying that doesn't make much sense to me.

Reactions: GreenGlassDoor, Rogue Proxy and myusername890
MeaningDork

MeaningDork

If there's a will, there's a way.
Jan 14, 2024
Reminds me of the end credits to a game I forgot the name of. The author described how they disliked when people said others are going through similar things because their suffering feels unique. They're the ones suffering, they're the dealing with the suffering their way, they're the ones experiencing this flavour of suffering but ultimately no matter how special their suffering felt to then they realised it was pointless. Wish I remembered the game.