F

Free_me

Jan 6, 2021
Anyone else think that the absence of a verifiable after life is peaceful? I'm sure death is hard, but once you cross the threshold, it's just like a deep, dreamless sleep. No thoughts, no alarm clocks to wake you up, just pitch black nothingness forever. No more worries, no more cares. Just eternal unwavering dark.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: nolongerhuman, Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, pthnrdnojvsc and 15 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
The eternal nothingness sounds quite awesome! I hope it's real.
You know, just nothing, just like the time before we were born!

• Love
Reactions: nolongerhuman, Dutchyala, profoundexperience and 5 others
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I don't believe that but if it is true then it is just like before I was born and I don't remember being troubled then.

Reactions: Free_me
Mistake of Nature

Mistake of Nature

A shadow suspended on dust
Mar 30, 2020
The only good thing about life is that it ends, and the thought of the eternal nothingness that will come after is the only thing that brings me any semblance of comfort these days.

I only wish that it were easier to achieve that peace, but I guess having to endure even more suffering (after experiencing a whole lifetime of pain already) to reach freedom makes sense given the cruelty and absurdity of life.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Outsider, Ramirez and 3 others
ClownMe

ClownMe

Don't Cry for Me, I'm Already Dead
Apr 7, 2021
I cant wait for nothingness, no more worrying, no more waking up miserable every morning, no more working a shitty job i hate.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Somage, Ramirez and 7 others
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Ever been under anesthesia? The peaceful, nothingness, and then suddenly you wake up and find out two hours have passed? That's what being in a coma is like, and that's what the after life is like. The lights are out and your relatives are at your bedside asking you to wake up, but you'll never will.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ramirez, profoundexperience, LifeQuitter2018 and 3 others
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
The title really scared me. "No afterlife is peaceful" could be interpreted as "There are lives that you have to live after you die & none of them are peaceful" :ohhhh::))

• Hugs
Reactions: profoundexperience, Free_me and Fthis
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, I take great comfort from that. Death is only the solution for all of the problems of this life. Just being conscious is a nightmare.

Reactions: Outsider, Ramirez, profoundexperience and 1 other person
L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
The forever void im excited to know what happens

2CTBorNOCTB

2CTBorNOCTB

Apr 2, 2021
I have accepted the void. I don't think there is an afterlife, but if there is, I will laugh. According to Christianity I'll be heading off to hell, but I can't help but feel like it would be so...small, if that's all that everything would amount to. A being who deigns souls as righteous as not, based on circumstances that feel so arbitrary. I can't help but feel like it's so funny.

Reactions: Trannydiary
A

Anonymous_A

Arcanist
Oct 4, 2020
Don't believe in afterlife. Also I try not to think about it too much, that's a deep rabbit hole to fall down.

However if it did exist, would be weird seeing everyone there...JuiceWrld, Elvis, Hitler. Damn, billions of people/'spirits' or whatever in one place..would be kinda weird lol

Reactions: motel rooms
stormy_night

stormy_night

Jul 31, 2018
That will be the inevitable fate for all of us. Lets hope for nothingness after death.

Reactions: Ramirez and motel rooms
F

FailingAtLife

Mar 2, 2020
Ever been under anesthesia? The peaceful, nothingness, and then suddenly you wake up and find out two hours have passed? That's what being in a coma is like, and that's what the after life is like. The lights are out and your relatives are at your bedside asking you to wake up, but you'll never will.
What makes you so sure that any afterlife will definitely be like this...?

Reactions: Disco Biscuit
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
What makes you so sure that any afterlife will definitely be like this...?
Not sure, just know from experience of being near-death, being in a coma, and being under anesthesia. Do you know what the afterlife will be like?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Idk, the afterlife in The Good Place seems pretty optimal, though only in the last two episodes of course.

Basically every human when they die gets tested in a scenario designed by both Good and Bad place architects and if they pass then they get to go to the Good Place which is basically Heaven and all of their wildest dreams can come true. If they fail, no worries. They simply get infinite tries to redeem themselves over and over until they get it right and truly reform. Once in Heaven though, to prevent becoming bored of infinite paradise, everyone is given the option to walk through a final door that allows them to die a final death where they peacefully cease to exist. Nobody knows what really happens when you go through but it's later shown that when you do walk through, your essence disperses like a wave crashing into a cliff side and goes back to earth to motivate anyone there to do one good deed.

• Love
Reactions: Astral316 and Lethe
profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
No thoughts, no alarm clocks to wake you up, just pitch black nothingness forever. No more worries, no more cares. Just eternal unwavering dark.
No "pitch black", no "unwavering dark" = Since there is "no you".

It's literally impossible to imagine/verbalize it... because what we are, consciousness, can only be conscious of an experience... of something.

It is not an experience... it will not be any "thing": Ie, whilst in this 'state' of non-existence, it's impossible to be aware of it (since awareness is absent), but after the person comes out of that state [as in waking after deep sleep or anesthesia], they can (kind of), (somehow), realise that the reason why it was beyond amazing, was because consciousness/ "i"/ "I"/ awareness/ everything/ etc, was totally absent, and absolutely nothing existed, and this was the ultimate peace, and also something that was infinitely better than any experience that can ever happen in life/existence. Ie, it was even beyond experiences that are: deeply spiritual/ transcendental, or of other dimensions, or of god's divine bliss/ ecstasy/ love/ light, of of ever-deeper freedom/ peace/ love/ bliss, etc)).

source: https://www.everdeeperhonesty.com page 331

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, yive, Disco Biscuit and 2 others
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
No "pitch black", no "unwavering dark" = Since there is "no you".

It's literally impossible to imagine/verbalize it... because what we are, consciousness, can only be conscious of an experience... of something.

It is not an experience... it will not be any "thing": Ie, whilst in this 'state' of non-existence, it's impossible to be aware of it (since awareness is absent), but after the person comes out of that state [as in waking after deep sleep or anesthesia], they can (kind of), (somehow), realise that the reason why it was beyond amazing, was because consciousness/ "i"/ "I"/ awareness/ everything/ etc, was totally absent, and absolutely nothing existed, and this was the ultimate peace, and also something that was infinitely better than any experience that can ever happen in life/existence. Ie, it was even beyond experiences that are: deeply spiritual/ transcendental, or of other dimensions, or of god's divine bliss/ ecstasy/ love/ light, of of ever-deeper freedom/ peace/ love/ bliss, etc)).

source: https://www.everdeeperhonesty.com page 331
That's a weird book. Lots to take in....

Reactions: profoundexperience
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
I don't know about verifiable since it just seems to be myth, because some think there is afterlife, I think it's all nothingness after one's dead and that's end to it, otherwise it isn't really death, not talking about how some want be brought back in life, dead = non existence, something that cannot exist therefore can't perceive anything or feel since it doesn't exist

profoundexperience

profoundexperience

You can feel the punishment but you cant commit ts
Jun 29, 2020
That's a weird book. Lots to take in....
The free book is available at: https://www.everdeeperhonesty.com

Yeah. To me, EDH seems to be somewhat repetitive... and then, suddenly, there is a stunning, glaring insight I'd never considered before! I mean "blow your socks off" WOW! You just have to be patient, because those moments come every 20 pages or so.

Warning: This book is VERY pro-suicide.

I posted a bunch more quotes from it here:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-you-make-peace-with-dying.56446/post-1036725

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and yive
GarageKarate07

GarageKarate07

Wizard
Aug 18, 2020
The free book is available at: https://www.everdeeperhonesty.com

Yeah. To me, EDH seems to be somewhat repetitive... and then, suddenly, there is a stunning, glaring insight I'd never considered before! I mean "blow your socks off" WOW! You just have to be patient, because those moments come every 20 pages or so.

Warning: This book is VERY pro-suicide.

I posted a bunch more quotes from it here:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...-you-make-peace-with-dying.56446/post-1036725
Actually the first link you left is an immediate PDF download. The book is already on my drive.

Last edited:
B

babydeer

Sep 28, 2019
Anyone else think that the absence of a verifiable after life is peaceful? I'm sure death is hard, but once you cross the threshold, it's just like a deep, dreamless sleep. No thoughts, no alarm clocks to wake you up, just pitch black nothingness forever. No more worries, no more cares. Just eternal unwavering dark.
This is exactly how I think of it.

F

FailingAtLife

Mar 2, 2020
Not sure, just know from experience of being near-death, being in a coma, and being under anesthesia. Do you know what the afterlife will be like?
I've no idea what it would be like; how could I? How could anyone?
Hell, how can we know if there even *is* an "afterlife"?

It can only ever be conjecture/individual belief, as once you do witness it, there's no way back, since you're already dead...

keep moving forward

keep moving forward

Apr 21, 2021
What you're talking about is Solipsism, which is the idea that existence begins and ends with the mind.

N

needaplan

Student
Jan 31, 2020
I have sometimes the impression that people, who deny afterlife have a shitload of fear what would come in their afterlife
ps: this is for those who always gave their unasked opinions to the afterlife threads (;