N

Noone

Jul 30, 2018
Are there any devices I can use to safely transfer a nitrogen tank without risk of it leaking? Thanks

Reactions: Tiburcio
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Are there any devices I can use to safely transfer a nitrogen tank without risk of it leaking? Thanks

Mine came in a box. I'm putting it in a suitcase padded with clothing. Should be fine.

Reactions: mattwitt and Tiburcio
N

Noone

Jul 30, 2018
OK but what about actual equipment? I know I've already asked similar questions but I just want to be sure. Is it legal to transport? Should I use something like a medical-grade cart to keep it upright?

S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
I think the tanks would be pretty hardy. If they are anything like the scuba tanks I have used they are tough as anything. As far as I am aware all the equipment is totally legal. Only problem is if someone figures out what you are wanting to do with it and then goes the mental health suiside prevention route. Not illegal to have the gear though.

Reactions: Tiburcio and Smilla
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Not illegal to transport.

Nitrogen isn't dangerous—except in the case of industrial accidents where workers unknowingly entered an extremely concentrated closed area, or in our case, with a bag over your head.

Reactions: Tiburcio, lv-gras, Ssname and 1 other person
N

Noone

Jul 30, 2018
Another thing also: I heard nitrogen can cause convulsions? How do I secure everything so I don't end up knocking the tank or anything over? Thanks

Reactions: Tiburcio and lv-gras
M

Madrid27

Student
Jul 24, 2018
I dont know i think no

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I'm going to be securing my tank to a chair using bungee cords.

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
OK but what about actual equipment? I know I've already asked similar questions but I just want to be sure. Is it legal to transport? Should I use something like a medical-grade cart to keep it upright?

Just keep it padded and concealed, as suggested by Smilla. Do you think blue-collar welders care much about handling? --they fling and toss the thing around, all day long. Legal? Again, you're already breaking the societal "norms" of your haphazard sociocultural era (a single era out of many... defined by a few decades at most). You're a rational agent on a moist speck of dust, in a perceived infinite dust vacuum... who gives a damn about human "laws?" Hell, I've got a nitro rig as a backup/standby method... it just pains me to see others struggle with what I have disregarded so easily: assignment of relevance/significance to human "laws" of any given arbitrary era of human civilization, going back centuries

"What makes a freethinker is not his beliefs but the way in which he holds them. If he holds them because his elders told him they were true when he was young, or if he holds them because if he did not he would be unhappy, his thought is not free; but if he holds them because, after careful thought he finds a balance of evidence in their favour, then his thought is free, however odd his conclusions may seem."

—Bertrand Russell, 'The Value of Free Thought: How to Become a Truth-Seeker and Break the Chains of Mental Slavery'

There is but one law which governs all humans, living and dead: The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics

A painless, peaceful, pleasant death is your right (regardless of what other apes may tell you; when/where/how is up to you)

as I'm sure you're aware, your tank has quite the shelf-life (so you are in good hands with the inanimate tank + the expert advice of Nitschke)

Best Wishes

Reactions: Things2do1st&ThenCtb, skitliv, ScaredOfLife and 1 other person
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
A painless, peaceful, pleasant death is your right (regardless of what other apes may tell you; when/where/how is up to you)

as I'm sure you're aware, your tank has quite the shelf-life (so you are in good hands with the inanimate tank + the expert advice of Nitschke)

Best Wishes

Your words brought me peace, as this is my method as well. It's also nice to know the nitrogen has a long shelf life. If I don't have to kill myself this year I will have to eventually, so it's nice to know the tank lasts.

Reactions: Things2do1st&ThenCtb and lv-gras
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
Should I secure a chair to something sturdy just in case?

I don't know. I'm going to do it in a hotel room and I don't know what kind of furniture they have in there yet, so I'm just going to bring some bungee cords and get creative.

Reactions: lv-gras