• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

C

crova

Making death amazing journey
Oct 7, 2018
For our application you need a gas regulator with flow meter [we need 15lpm of gas flow]
Im not sure if you can use this one..
There is definitely someone here who can help, just please be patient.

In the meantime you can check some old threads for information maybe.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
That has tank pressure and line pressure, but no flow rate. Your flow rate will be a function of hose volume and line pressure --and I'm not smart enough to make those calculations.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Lifeisatrap
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
I'm new to reading about Nitrogen method. What is a brief reason why this thing called a regulator is used for Nitrogen method?

Can anyone dumb it down a bit and explain what does a regulator have to do with a Nitrogen method?
Is regulator always necessary for Nitrogen method? I have hard time locating where to start reading about regulators, etc. for Nitrogen method.

Please PM me if necessary. Thanks

Reactions: CURSED again
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
I'm new to reading about Nitrogen method. What is a brief reason why this thing called a regulator is used for Nitrogen method?

Can anyone dumb it down a bit and explain what does a regulator have to do with a Nitrogen method?
Is regulator always necessary for Nitrogen method? I have hard time locating where to start reading about regulators, etc. for Nitrogen method.

Please PM me if necessary. Thanks

A regulator does two things: measures the level of gas in the tank and allows you to set a "flow rate" for the nitrogen because it's important the flow isn't too high or too low. PPH recommends 15lpm flow rate.

You should read the chapter on this method in the PPH.

Reactions: Deleted member 1768 and how2toGetout
aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
I need a regulator too...can you mail it to me when you are done with it or tell me where you got it and how much it was? I need a life support system for one of the later things in my challenge...and for that I need a regulator and oxygen. if you are curious about my challenge I did post it here. also for any kind of suffocation it is probably best to bind yourself in case your brains primal instinct tries to take over and you try to quit due to hypoxia and against your will...once you start suffocating your higher thought processes are among the first to be suppressed...then your emotions all fade except fear then you struggle like crazy, then you go limp and try to conserve what air you have left...then you die. I know only because I tied myself and tried to drown before but the ropes came loose when they got wet and against my will my body saved itself.

Reactions: Baskol1
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
A regulator does two things: measures the level of gas in the tank and allows you to set a "flow rate" for the nitrogen because it's important the flow isn't too high or too low. PPH recommends 15lpm flow rate.

You should read the chapter on this method in the PPH.
WHat happens if the flow rate is too high?

What happens if the flow rate is too low?

aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
if the flow rate is too high your lungs cant take it and the seal will be broken allowing air to possibly come in, if it is too low you will suffocate much much more painfully and panicky than if not...so you want it to output about 6 liters of nitrogen per breath on average.
that way it meets but does not exceed your lung capacity...forming a total replacement of the other breathable gasses making the process somewhat less painful.

Reactions: AnnaJaspers, how2toGetout and Baskol1
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
if the flow rate is too high your lungs cant take it and the seal will be broken allowing air to possibly come in, if it is too low you will suffocate much much more painfully and panicky than if not...so you want it to output about 6 liters of nitrogen per breath on average.
that way it meets but does not exceed your lung capacity...forming a total replacement of the other breathable gasses making the process somewhat less painful.
Thanks for the explanation.

Just curious, where you got the number 6 liters (of Nitrogen) per breath?

And how does that match with the 15 Lpm (Liters per minute), which @AnnaJaspers mentions, that appear in PPH?

In order for those 2 numbers to match up, it would mean about 2.5 breaths per minute.

Last edited:
aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
6 liters is average human lung capacity which if a quick google search verifies it and depending on your breaths per minute should also be equal to about 15 lpm I haven't double checked any body else I just know the 6 lp breath off the top of my head.
you can also find lung capacity testers in old person homes and what not...to get a personalized value...the tester just has you breathe in at a set rate and how long you can do it determines your capacity.
you want to reach the full capacity even though you seldom use it because the lungs take in 70 percent nitrogen already and of the 30 percent you can already breathe you only need 5-10 percent. of that...so you want a total replacement of gasses not incomplete.

Last edited:
Reactions: how2toGetout and Baskol1
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
6 liters is average human lung capacity which if a quick google search verifies it and depending on your breaths per minute should also be equal to about 15 lpm I haven't double checked any body else I just know the 6 lp breath off the top of my head.
you can also find lung capacity testers in old person homes and what not...to get a personalized value...the tester just has you breathe in at a set rate and how long you can do it determines your capacity.
you want to reach the full capacity even though you seldom use it because the lungs take in 70 percent nitrogen already and of the 30 percent you can already breathe you only need 5-10 percent. of that...so you want a total replacement of gasses not incomplete.
Does 1 breath count as the duration starting with the beginning of inhaling air in, until the end of exhaling all the air taken in?

aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
yes
which is why you wanna go full capacity so that in 1-3 breaths you have complete gas exchange rather than just whatever you would normally breath in...also your breaths will get deeper as you brain realizes its not getting oxygen so you wont really experience overpreasurization issues.

Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
I can't stop myself repeating: you **don't** have to use a regulator **if** your bag is large enough.
If your nitro tank holds, say, 600L of uncompressed gas, and you fill a bag of 200L in volume, and your lungs are just 3-4L, then if you flush your lungs of residue air, your CO2 levels will stay below the threshold to cause any discomfort.

Regulator is more a safety pin and (in)convenience so people would not fuck it up, but it also causes too much confusion and overthinking.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream, how2toGetout and Baskol1
aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
I agree but some people like to complicate their deaths because its the last thing they are gonna do so its got to be something intricate.
that's how I be

• Wow
Reactions: Baskol1 and AnnaJaspers
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
If your nitro tank holds, say, 600L of uncompressed gas, and you fill a bag of 200L in volume, and your lungs are just 3-4L, then if you flush your lungs of residue air, your CO2 levels will stay below the threshold to cause any discomfort.
Why is it that if you flush your lung completely out of air, your CO2 level will stay below discomfort threshold?

I'm a bit confused about the CO2 part. Could you elaborate a little bit more please?

aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
co2 is the gas that your lungs know you cant breathe...whereas nitrogen is close enough periodically to oxygen to trick your lungs until you start getting hypoxic. so purging the co2 makes your brain think you are breathing and not suffocating until you get drunk due to lack of air...hence why this is a fairly painless way to go.

Reactions: Bea and how2toGetout
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Thank you @aviator8.

I didn't really understand this part, either.. Sorry, could you elaborate one more time on this one?

aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
any leftover gas can not only cause discomfort but also extend the process even if you get 90-95 percent gas replacement...which is why you want to make sure you hit your lung capacity and breaths per minute with the regulator...using a bag serves as a buffer to simplify it...this all sounds very complicated and scientific...but yesterday I build a functioning model fusion reacor...so I can first hand promise you that its not as hard as it sounds or seems to make things that sound complicated like this work.
the fusor was part of my challenge...the one I had to move to this forum for.

Reactions: how2toGetout
Deivis

Deivis

Seul contre tous
Jul 23, 2018
Why is it that if you flush your lung completely out of air, your CO2 level will stay below discomfort threshold?

I'm a bit confused about the CO2 part. Could you elaborate a little bit more please?

Because I tried it myself with a much smaller, medium-size garbage bag. Your sight goes gray within 15 seconds. A dreamlike euphoria kicks in in 30 secs and you don't care about anything else. Again, if the bag is big enough, the CO2 levels is nothing to be worried about. I think that most people freak out not bc of CO2, but bc they're not ready yet. And they will find an excuse to abort it regardless.

Reactions: Made4TV, AnnaJaspers and how2toGetout
aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
sometimes even if they are ready once you get drunk on hypoxia you mind might think its not ready and the second you get that fresh air and are thinking again you will wish you hadn't aborted and the realize you didn't have enough for a second try...hence why I recommend binding yourself even though it might be painless...
oxygen deprivation has the strange side effect of temporarily reducing your thinking into that of an animal or insect bound to try to survive rather than who you are...so sometimes even against your will you will act to save yourself.
oh yeah and the co2 part...your brain know it cant breath that so your lungs feel on fire ir there is co2 still in them...nitrogen chemichally is very close to oxygen with a weight difference of 2 periodic weight 14 instead of 16 so your brain doesn't know that you are trying to kill yourself until it actually starts running out of air in a bad way..and by that time its so low on air you feel euphoric and light headed...so not very painful, however you still lose higher though as it progresses so you still might abort against your will...essentially nitrogen pretends its oxygen until you are drunk for lack of air and don't really have any of the pain of suffocation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rolo, CURSED again and how2toGetout
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Thank you both @Deivis, @aviator8.

Just one more question for aviator8:

yesterday I build a functioning model fusion reacor...so I can first hand promise you that its not as hard as it sounds or seems to make things that sound complicated like this work.
the fusor was part of my challenge...the one I had to move to this forum for.
What's the fusion reactor/fusor thing? Is this related to Nitrogen method?

aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
no its a nuclear fusor it forces hydrogen together until they form helium and radiation....its part of my list I made called challenge. if I kill myself right now I am thinkin of using over exposure to radiation so it could be considered a method as well. it doesn't put out enough radiation so I would have to revise my nuclear reactor if I wanted to actually kill myself with it.
of course I could just use extended exposure...then it would be lethal but that would take a few weeks or months of sleeping with it on near my bed and the ionizing radiation would permanently contaminate my bedroom and be a hazard to my entire family unless they foamed the whole thing with radiation absorbent foam and remodeled the whole bedroom.

Last edited:
  • Wow
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
I was reading @TiredHorse's thread on Nitrogen method, and came across a question.
The Regulator:

A regulator screws on to the cylinder and does two things: 1) it reduces the pressure in the cylinder to a useable level, otherwise the 2000psi tank pressure would just blow the exit bag off your head as soon as you opened the valve, and 2) it controls the rate of gas flow into the exit bag —specifically, it should release it at 15Lpm, which is the minimum adequate to carry away exhaled CO2 and fool your lungs into believing there's enough air.

The good news is that while gas cylinder sizes are not globally standardized, the cylinder valve threads are —and both N2 and Ar cylinders have the same threads (other gasses have different threads), so a regulator that fits on one cylinder will fit equally well on another.

You don't need to worry about being sure to choose a regulator that will reduce the pressure: they all do that. The flowmeter is the critical element of the regulator for our purposes.

Some regulators come with a "click adjust" flowmeter that is very simple, allowing you to dial in 15Lpm without needing to think about it. To the best of my knowledge, these are medical grade regulators; generally very good quality, but often a bit more expensive. Others here may know more about them, and where to acquire them, than I do.

A typical welding regulator will have two gauges: the tank pressure gauge (unimportant to us) and the flowmeter gauge.

A welding regulator's flowmeter gauge will be marked in either cubic feet per hour (Cfh), Lpm, or both. Some welding systems require a fairly low flow of inert gas, much lower than our necessary 15Lpm, and this low flow is most easily measured in Cfh. If you see a gauge marked only in Cfh, it probably will not work for our purpose. Look at the highest Cfh setting on the flowmeter and do the math, to be certain. If the gauge reads in Lpm, a glance should tell you whether the regulator provides the necessary 15Lpm flow.

Harbor Freight Tools offers a cheap CO2/Ar regulator (it also works for N2) with a flowmeter that shows flow in both Cfh and Lpm and goes high enough for our purposes. This is what I have.

The Hose:

The hose needs to be long enough to reach from the gas cylinder beside you, up into the exit bag on your head. I have found it easiest to lead the hose up my back and into the bag at the very back of my neck. It seems to disrupt the fit of the bag less right there.

Some regulators come with a hose that threads directly into the regulator body. Some regulators come with a hose-barb, onto which a length of soft tubing can be pressed. Some regulators come with neither.

For the first situation, just thread the hose into the regulator, tighten it with a wrench, and it's ready.

(Regardless of what type of threaded fitting is used, you do need to wrench-tighten this fitting: a lot of gas can leak out at this connection. If it is a brass fitting, you should not need teflon tape on the threads; the soft metal deforms enough when tightened to provide an adequately gas-tight connection.)

For the second situation, take the hose-barb to a hardware / home improvement store and purchase tubing that fits onto the barb. Once home from the hardware store, thread the barb into the regulator body, tighten with a wrench, and press the tube onto the barb. It should be a snug fit; if you're worried it's too loose, use a small hose clamp / jubilee clip to secure it in place. If it's a little too tight to get the hose into place, soak the end of the tube in very hot water to soften it and press it onto the barb. I used clear vinyl tubing. Aquarium tubing should work. Surgical tubing may not; I don't know for sure.

For the third situation, you'll need a hose-barb fitting (typically brass) that threads into the regulator body. Take the entire regulator to the hardware store and ask someone to help you fit it with a hose barb. Then proceed as for the second situation.

Cover story: as with purchasing the gas cylinder, you're using N2 for brewing, or Ar for filling partial paint cans. Why Ar? because it's heavier than air and settles down onto the paint surface inside the can. For extra confidence that they won't ask inconvenient questions, you're doing it for your father, or your brother, and you don't know why they want it for their paint locker, they just said to get a hose barb and six feet of tubing…

The Exit Bag:

There are several videos on YouTube detailing construction of exit bags. I strongly recommend watching them. That's how I learned.

The short version of what you want is a turkey roasting bag —available in the supermarket, in with the zip-locks and cling wrap— with an elastic drawcord worked into a turned hem, and a cord-lock to adjust the drawcord's tension.

I used 3/8" elastic cord. I purchased both it and the cord lock at a sewing and crafts store (JoAnn's).

To construct the turned hem you'll need micropore (surgical) tape, available at a pharmacy in the first aid section. It's the right tape to use because it will reliably stick to the material of the bag itself. Sometimes it isn't labeled as "micropore." Ask a clerk if you can't find it.

Cover story: you were asked to re-stock the family first aid kit with micropore tape and you don't recognize any of the brands available.

Using an elastic drawcord is important: it needs to fit snugly around your neck, but not seal tightly. It must still be flexible enough for the flow of inert gas, lightly pressurizing the exit bag, to push past the elastic and flush away the CO2 you're exhaling. Don't use a non-elastic drawcord or do something like duct tape the bag to your neck; you don't want to create a seal, just a restriction.
QUESTION: Is a 'flowmeter' always a part of a 'regulator'?

Cuz I went to that website Harbor Freight Tools, and it listed regulator and flowmeter as something separate..

Is a flowmeter some sort of an "add-on" part that attaches to a regulator?

What does a flowmeter do?

Can anyone dumb it down a little bit please?

--------------
Another Question:
The Regulator:

Harbor Freight Tools offers a cheap CO2/Ar regulator (it also works for N2) with a flowmeter that shows flow in both Cfh and Lpm and goes high enough for our purposes. This is what I have.
Presuming that TiredHorse bought Olsen brand CO2/Argon/Helium Flowmeter Regulator for the regulator from Harbor Freight Tools, what was the reason to buy the regulator with "flowmeter feature" (i still don't fully understand what flowmeter is used for; i googled and read some but am in confusion..), instead of the regulator without "flowmeter feature"?

Last edited:
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
There's some misleading or generally poor advice in here, so be warned. I'm actually using this method and have my setup assembled and tested. Furthermore, read the relevant parts of the Peaceful Pill Handbook or Five Last Acts for a good rundown on how to set this up for yourself.

WHat happens if the flow rate is too high?

What happens if the flow rate is too low?

The major danger from having the flow rate too high is that your tank empties before you're dead, then air enters your bag, keeps you alive, and you could end up surviving, possibly with brain damage.

Contrary to what some others have posted, you don't have to worry about the bag flying off or bursting if you use the recommended materials and method, because the bag is thick and is not sealed around the head.

If the flow rate is too low, the risk is that enough air will enter the bag to keep you alive, because you don't seal it airtight over your head.

15 liters per minute is the flow rate recommended, because that's the average amount of gas used by us humans.

I was reading @TiredHorse's thread on Nitrogen method, and came across a question.

QUESTION: Is a 'flowmeter' always a part of a 'regulator'?

Cuz I went to that website Harbor Freight Tools, and it listed regulator and flowmeter as something separate..

Is a flowmeter some sort of an "add-on" part that attaches to a regulator?

What does a flowmeter do?

Can anyone dumb it down a little bit please?

Flow meters and regulators are usually different things, but I've seen some that have both. Either a regulator or a flow meter can be attached directly to the tank, assuming the fittings match, or with a converter if the fittings don't match. People using these things professionally will often attach a regulator to the tank, and a flow meter to the regulator.

Look at some pictures of regulators online. They have one or two gauges, that measure pressure (the two gauge ones measure the pressure in the tank, and the pressure coming out when gas is flowing. If you just use a regulator, you then have to convert the pressure to a flow rate by measuring the size of the house and doing some math.

A flow meter gives a direct reading of the flow rate, which is easier and less error prone, so that's why a lot of us use it instead.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream and how2toGetout
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
How2getout here's a crash course in the basics of what you need for using nitrogen:

Use a 0-15 LPM click-style oxygen regulator with an adapter. Read this thread:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/

The comments posted by Fister (RIP) will tell you the exact parts to get. You'll have to search on Google using the part numbers he gives but you'll find the needed items.

Fister posted a pic of what the Medline regulator, Western Enterprises and a nitrogen tank look like when everything is connected. That set up will work for the inert gas/exit bag method, as he himself proved.

For convenience here are the part numbers:

1) Medline HCS5415M 02 regulator

2) Western Enterprises 415 adapter

There's a second thread linked to in the thread above you may also want to read.

You can buy a somewhat more expensive 02 regulator from WT Farley (but I don't know if it's actually more precise or reliable than the one Fister recommends in the thread above):

https://www...wtfarley...(DOT).....com/Oxygen-Standard-Body-Click-Regulator-CGA-540

Select the barb-style outlet from the dropdown menu.

I altered the URL because we're not allowed to post active links directly to sources here on SS. You can also get the Farley 02 regulator from Amazon.

1) Go to Amazon

2) In the search box type in: Oxygen Regulator Standard Body-CGA540

3) Scroll down a little and you'll see:

"Oxygen Regulator Standard Body-CGA540, 0-15 LPM, barb outlet with green color coded gauge protector"

NOTE: The Farley 02 regulator isn't currently available for the next two weeks because the company is moving from one location to another.

You'll still need the Western Enterprises adapter which can be bought from Amazon using a search with the phrase "western enterprises 415, cga-580-540 adapter". Scroll through the results to find the seller with the lowest price.

The adapter can also be purchased from other websites using a Google search.

To buy a tank of nitrogen do the following:

1) Go to a website called Cyberweld...(D O T)...c o m which has been recommended here on SS before. I can't link directly because of the new forum rule about posting sources.

2) In the search box type in: inert gas cylinder

3) This will bring up a list of inert gas tanks you can buy in various sizes as measured in cubic feet. 20 cubic feet is the minimum size you need for this method. You can also buy a 40- or 60-cubic foot tank that will obviously provide nitrogen for a longer period of time "just to be sure" if you'd like that. ONLY choose a tank listed as "inert gas". DO NOT get one marked "oxygen", "acetylene", etc.

4) Click on the size of tank you're interested in. On the product info page for each tank there's a dropdown menu under the word "options". Use the menu and select "Full Nitrogen". What this means is that Cyberweld will fill the tank for you with N2 then ship it directly to your house.

Also for the tubing you need you can either buy oxygen tubing from Amazon or go to a local hardware store and buy a length of vinyl tubing cut to whatever length you want. I think the recommended length for this method is around 6-8 feet.

The internal diameter of the oxygen tubing should be a size that will naturally fit the barb outlet on the 02 regulator. If you go with vinyl tubing from a hardware store you'd have to first find out the internal diameter of the oxygen tubing which you could learn from the tubing's product page on Amazon then choose vinyl tubing that has the same or similar internal diameter.

Ready-made oxygen tubing that you buy from Amazon or a medical supply store is usually all of the same internal diameter and designed to already fit on the barb outlet on an oxygen regulator.

Generic vinyl tubing you get from a hardware store comes in several different internal diameters so you need to make sure the tubing you buy fits onto the barb outlet of the 02 regulator. The way to do this is to buy the regulator first then take it to the hardware store and attach different sizes of vinyl tubing to it to see which one fits tightly to the barb outlet.

If you go with generic vinyl tubing go to either a hardware store or an auto parts store and buy a small hose clamp that goes around the end of the tubing attached to the barb outlet on the 02 regulator to make sure it doesn't slip off when you turn the gas on.

Last edited:
Reactions: whiteupabove, lifeisbutadream, how2toGetout and 1 other person
aviator8

aviator8

Aug 22, 2019
those last two posts were exactly what I was trying to say-BUT WITH RESEARCH so their advice is better than mine because its not off the top of their head or at least not coming from someone with much more experience with regulators than I have (my only real qualification is that I am PADI certified-I work at abuelos)

Reactions: lifeisbutadream and how2toGetout
H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
How2getout here's a crash course in the basics of what you need for using nitrogen:

Use a 0-15 LPM click-style oxygen regulator with an adapter. Read this thread:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/

The comments posted by Fister (RIP) will tell you the exact parts to get. You'll have to search on Google using the part numbers he gives but you'll find the needed items.

Fister posted a pic of what the Medline regulator, Western Enterprises and a nitrogen tank look like when everything is connected. That set up will work for the inert gas/exit bag method, as he himself proved.

For convenience here are the part numbers:

1) Medline HCS5415M 02 regulator

2) Western Enterprises 415 adapter

There's a second thread linked to in the thread above you may also want to read.

You can buy a somewhat more expensive 02 regulator from WT Farley (but I don't know if it's actually more precise or reliable than the one Fister recommends in the thread above):

https://www...wtfarley...(DOT).....com/Oxygen-Standard-Body-Click-Regulator-CGA-540

Select the barb-style outlet from the dropdown menu.

I altered the URL because we're not allowed to post active links directly to sources here on SS. You can also get the Farley 02 regulator from Amazon.

1) Go to Amazon

2) In the search box type in: Oxygen Regulator Standard Body-CGA540

3) Scroll down a little and you'll see:

"Oxygen Regulator Standard Body-CGA540, 0-15 LPM, barb outlet with green color coded gauge protector"

NOTE: The Farley 02 regulator isn't currently available for the next two weeks because the company is moving from one location to another.

You'll still need the Western Enterprises adapter which can be bought from Amazon using a search with the phrase "western enterprises 415, cga-580-540 adapter". Scroll through the results to find the seller with the lowest price.

The adapter can also be purchased from other websites using a Google search.

To buy a tank of nitrogen do the following:

1) Go to a website called Cyberweld...(D O T)...c o m which has been recommended here on SS before. I can't link directly because of the new forum rule about posting sources.

2) In the search box type in: inert gas cylinder

3) This will bring up a list of inert gas tanks you can buy in various sizes as measured in cubic feet. 20 cubic feet is the minimum size you need for this method. You can also buy a 40- or 60-cubic foot tank that will obviously provide nitrogen for a longer period of time "just to be sure" if you'd like that. ONLY choose a tank listed as "inert gas". DO NOT get one marked "oxygen", "acetylene", etc.

4) Click on the size of tank you're interested in. On the product info page for each tank there's a dropdown menu under the word "options". Use the menu and select "Full Nitrogen". What this means is that Cyberweld will fill the tank for you with N2 then ship it directly to your house.

Also for the tubing you need you can either buy oxygen tubing from Amazon or go to a local hardware store and buy a length of vinyl tubing cut to whatever length you want. I think the recommended length for this method is around 6-8 feet.

The internal diameter of the oxygen tubing should be a size that will naturally fit the barb outlet on the 02 regulator. If you go with vinyl tubing from a hardware store you'd have to first find out the internal diameter of the oxygen tubing which you could learn from the tubing's product page on Amazon then choose vinyl tubing that has the same or similar internal diameter.

Ready-made oxygen tubing that you buy from Amazon or a medical supply store is usually all of the same internal diameter and designed to already fit on the barb outlet on an oxygen regulator.

Generic vinyl tubing you get from a hardware store comes in several different internal diameters so you need to make sure the tubing you buy fits onto the barb outlet of the 02 regulator. The way to do this is to buy the regulator first then take it to the hardware store and attach different sizes of vinyl tubing to it to see which one fits tightly to the barb outlet.

If you go with generic vinyl tubing go to either a hardware store or an auto parts store and buy a small hose clamp that goes around the end of the tubing attached to the barb outlet on the 02 regulator to make sure it doesn't slip off when you turn the gas on.
i think i should have read this post more thoroughly (rather than skimming through it), before asking questions about hoses/tubings for Nitrogen method..

After carefully reading this post, i kinda understand that "oxygen tubing" is needed for hose for nitrogen method. Am i heading in the right direction?

pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019
i think i should have read this post more thoroughly (rather than skimming through it), before asking questions about hoses/tubings for Nitrogen method..

After carefully reading this post, i kinda understand that "oxygen tubing" is needed for hose for nitrogen method. Am i heading in the right direction?

I responded to you more thoroughly in the "Max Dog regulator ridiculous price" thread.

H

how2toGetout

Aug 20, 2019
Thank you for your explanations/answers so far, @pane.

Another question has come up in my mind. Why oxygen regulator, not a nitrogen regulator, for a Nitrogen method?
Isn't the regulator for oxygen though? AFAIK you can't just use them for any gas because they're calibrated for a certain one, even if you manage to connect it to the tank.
So why was oxygen regulator chosen by fister, instead of a nitrogen regulator?

I didn't understand why oxygen regulator has come up from the beginning.

Use a 0-15 LPM click-style oxygen regulator with an adapter.
Is it because a click-style regulator is only available as oxygen regulator?

Is Max Dog Brand (MDB) regulator also an oxygen regulator? Not a nitrogen regulator?

Last edited:
Lookingforabus

Lookingforabus

Arcanist
Aug 6, 2019
Oxygen regulators or flow meters are easier to find and cheaper than nitrogen ones, for whatever reason. Oxygen and Nitrogen are also similar enough in atomic weight that the devices calibrated for oxygen are fairly close in displayed flow rates when used with nitrogen.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream and Baskol1