• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

sleepy dog

sleepy dog

Wizard
Sep 13, 2019
It says Nitrogen. That is what N2 means. It doesn't say anything else is in it.

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
Still trying to figure this out. Industrial Nitrogen can range from 90-99.998. According to the pphb, you need at least 98%. The only nitrogen I can find for sale is industrial and food grade but the suppliers don't have any clue of the purity. I researched food grad nitrogen but found it can be anywhere from 95-99% pure. I really don't want to inhale a bunch of nitrogen with toxins that is not pure enough to ctb

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
This should help, its from their website.

Purity
I was looking at that page as well. My concern is that the page was located at: specialty gases > nitrogen >
On their main page if you go to: industrial gases > nitrogen
it goes to http://www.mathesongas.com/industrialgas/pdfs/Nitrogen-Industrial.pdf
which doesn't list the purity. Also, "industrial" version doesn't seem to be listed on the "pure gases" page

I appreciate your post. I'm at about the same stage as you. I have my tank, max dog regulator and exit bag. I did a test run and it left me coughing for about a week. Also had an odor. All of this led me to believe it was not pure nitrogen.

L

Lord Taco

Oct 31, 2019
Sure doesn't sound pure, I had to inhale mine a few breaths just to make sure it wasn't a mix of some sort. No smells, or side effects of any sort but what the hell do I know.

Tough call actually, other than looking at another gas vendors which I am sure you have. Airgas near you? Our manufacturing company had an account with them, higher than average prices but they never gave us any contaminated gas in the 4 years I was there.

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
all the major suppliers in the area. I read though their sites as well. Maybe I did just get a contaminated tank. It looks like it had been in use for awhile.

L

Lord Taco

Oct 31, 2019
What size tank are you using and what have you been quoted for the cost of GAS?

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
60. Had to buy the tank. total with gas and fees around $400. I went with the larger so I could do some test runs and know that I had enough left

L

Lord Taco

Oct 31, 2019
Pretty much the same, except Argon was only $33 here in FL.. All and All from tank to turkey bag, it was $365+/- with $350 of that from Argon, Tank and Flowmeter..

Had I shopped online for a Flowmeter and gotten a cheap empty tank locally to exchange, I could have saved $100+ but after all.. I'm NOT planning Long Term and I will be checking out in 2019. However, for people on a budget, $200-250 is doable if you are a smart and savvy shopper.

S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
I did a test run and it left me coughing for about a week.
Can you describe your test run? How much gas were you exposed to that caused so much coughing yet didn't kill you?

M

morningdew

Experienced
Jul 8, 2019
I'm guessing only 20-30 seconds. I was kinda hoping I would just pass out and would have go though the emotional build up thats had happen on previous attempts. I believe there are two reasons I didn't pass out:
1. I did not exhale all the oxygen from by lungs before pulling the bag over
2. it may be low grade nitrogen and contain just a bit of oxygen

I believe the cough may have been the result of breathing contaminated nitrogen. The tank looks rough and looks as it was use a lot in industrial settings.
The room had a strange faint oder for several days. I did feel euphoric for a few minutes afterwards. Just sat outside and was thinking "what just happened". Strange few minutes to say the least. I believe I will need to find medial grade nitrogen.

Reactions: *KNAZ*
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
I'm guessing only 20-30 seconds. I was kinda hoping I would just pass out and would have go though the emotional build up thats had happen on previous attempts. I believe there are two reasons I didn't pass out:
1. I did not exhale all the oxygen from by lungs before pulling the bag over
2. it may be low grade nitrogen and contain just a bit of oxygen
Thanks for replying.

Yeah that emotional build up and let down can feel pretty shitty when something like you describe happens.