Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
which do you guys think is a quicker less painful death. I like the idea of taking 2 deep breaths and being uncosious and just letting the gas do it's thing. I have a 20 cubic ft tank with 99.9% nitrogen. just have to set up the bag... but the 9mm hollowpoint down the throat clipping the brain stem also seams pretty quick and painless. thoughts?

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer
skitliv

skitliv

Le mort joyeux
Jul 11, 2018
Do you care about how your corpse is going to look? If you do then go for the gas

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
very little actually. I thought I did. but I don't. I just want there to be as little pain as possible.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and nonexistance
S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
Seems like a very extreme and gruesome method to shoot yourself if you have nitrogen.

Reactions: Aponia & Ataraxia
S

Ssname

Experienced
Jun 30, 2018
Personaly nitrogen is my chosen method. It ticks all my boxes of painless and reliable etc.

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
nitrogen it is. just need to set up my bag. and. do it.

V

Vvoiid

Jul 18, 2018
It depends. Do you care about how your body looks? Can you actually pull the trigger? Because many people can't.

Reactions: skitliv
V

Vvoiid

Jul 18, 2018
nitrogen it is. just need to set up my bag. and. do it.
When will you do it? And how did you overcome your survival instinct?

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and skitliv
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
this week. im just waiting for one last hope to come crashing down, which I have no doubt it will. But its keeping me hanging out. As soon as that falls through. that's it. I don't know. I've been putting it off for years for one reason or another. but ive just finally gotten to the point where I've accepted im not a good person. All I do is cause emotional distress on those I care about. I hate myself. And ending it just seams the right thing to do. For everybody in my life. Im sure there will be tears. But in the end. It's going to work out better for everybody in my life.

Reactions: FTL.Wanderer and skitliv
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
going to spend the day setting up my exit bag.

Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Good luck. I think nitrogen is the way to go here.

Reactions: Tiburcio and FTL.Wanderer
S

Strumgewehr

Experienced
Jun 7, 2018
If I had a proper rifle 7.62 I'd opt for it. 9mm doesn't sound too reliable.

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
bag seams more peaceful anyway.

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
tank and regulator set up. 23 cubic foot tank. 15 lpm flow
just gotta do the bag.

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
You do realize the nitrogen carries the same instantaneous effect, right? With clinical death following in 4 minutes, it seems all too clear which is the better option. With a gun, it is obviously "high risk / high reward" : you may very well die, or, you may simply be transferred to a level of hell far beyond what you were in before you pulled the trigger. I was originally planning on using a handgun for a backup method, before I wised up a bit and bought a nitro rig instead...

"...within fractions of a second, you faint, you faint straight away"

Reactions: i187914 and Tiburcio
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
no no I agree with you. you know how the mind gets in its depressive state. self destruction by hanggun seams quick and just easy. but youre right. too many variable to go wrong. I am settting up my nitro rig now. 23cf 100% nitrogen with a 15 lpm regulator.

Reactions: i187914 and FTL.Wanderer
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
I hope its as simple as a few deep breaths and then youre out and the gas does its thing

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
On the other hand, it's o.k. to forgive yourself for "being a bother" to those around you. Obviously any given one of us here on this site probably didn't choose our life trajectories on purpose: it's not like we had been looking down on this arbitrary planet --or era for that matter, and said "that one, right there... that's the particular ephemeral human life I want to experience." Any way we cut it, there's a lot of things uncanny if not in outright error with existence as: a Homo sapiens ape.

"Awareness and acknowledgment of the arbitrariness of Dasein is characterized as a state of "thrown-ness" in the present with all its attendant frustrations, sufferings, and demands that one does not choose, such as social conventions or ties of kinship and duty."

Reactions: zach and Tiburcio
S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
I would prefer to go by nitrogen, but I think I'm too stupid to set it up, so I'm stuck with having to use my .380 with hollow point round.

Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
its pretty easy to set up. costs about 200 bucks. the pistol was my ideal plan. but I just don't want to risk failing... being worse off than I am now
nitrogen success rate seams pretty good if nobody finds you

S

ScaredOfLife

Arcanist
Jul 9, 2018
its pretty easy to set up. costs about 200 bucks. the pistol was my ideal plan. but I just don't want to risk failing... being worse off than I am now
nitrogen success rate seams pretty good if nobody finds you

I am afraid of failing the firearm suicide. If only I didn't find the nitrogen set-up so complicated I could do it. I really don't know how to set-up the exit bag or how to hook the tube to the bag and get all the oxygen out of the bag before putting it on my head. It all just seems so overwhelming to me.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
Gas is my ideal choice, too. I've watched videos of experiments showing that inhaling inert gas (while also getting rid of CO2) can bring on feelings of bliss. What a way to go! The last few seconds of life, finally, being happy. :)

Peace to you, Zach. I'd have enjoyed a chat with you about how we got here.

Reactions: azeton and Tiburcio
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
I couldn't agree more. I am very much looking forward to it. Just holding out for a couple more days until the inevitable happens. Then I will finally be able to do it without going into it with regret and dismay. I just want to be at peace. And ftl I couldn't even explain how I got here. I've never been happy. I've never been a good person. I just cant look myself in the mirror anymore. I destroy everything I touch and ive never been able to figure out why or stop it. Ive tried medications therapy everything. I just am angry all the time, and it ruins every good thing that enters my life. and I just cause pain and suffering to those foolish enough to try and see good in me. I destroyed my ex wifes confidence. intentionally. because I hate myself she needed to to. I guess long story short. I don't deserve to live.

Reactions: Smilla
FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
And ftl I couldn't even explain how I got here. I've never been happy. I've never been a good person. I just cant look myself in the mirror anymore.

For what it's worth, even if for different reasons, I feel the same. I was suicidal before 9 yo. And I've let down everyone who's known me. I don't know how someone is "suited" to the world, but many of us just aren't. I don't feel too bad about that now, though. This world is a wretched place. Peace to you.

Reactions: Smilla and Tiburcio
Z

zach

Jul 22, 2018
I'm coming to terms with it. I couldn't agree more. The world is a pile of shit. And nobody knows why we do what we do we just go through the motions suffering everyday because we're told that's what were supposed to do. peace to you to my friend.

Reactions: azeton, skitliv, FTL.Wanderer and 1 other person
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
9mm is pushing it. A subsonic hollow point with correct shot placement will work.

Someone mentioned 7.62, that's a solid caliber, although 5.45 is the obvious superior choice.