Battlebunny

Battlebunny

May 31, 2020
Hi everyone, I'm new to this site so I'm sorry if I post in the wrong spot.

I've decided to end my life by nitrogen asphyxiation, however I have a few questions. I spoke with a nearby welding supply company and will soon purchase what the guy referred to as "food grade nitrogen". Food grade nitrogen just refers to the purity right?
This may be kind of a silly question but when using a regulator it won't come out as liquid nitrogen (the super cold stuff), right?

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Your buying a gas not a liquid. At least you should be for exit bag.

HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
Medical, industrial, and food grade are normally as purity stated. 98 to 99.8% is normally what you'll come across.

I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Its a gas. Not at all a liquid. I dont want this to come across mean. But we have solids, liquids and gases right? Are you sure your prepared for exit bag. Be careful.

Reactions: HelensNepenthe
HelensNepenthe

HelensNepenthe

Thoughtful poster
Jan 17, 2019
I would recommend that you read over some resources:
  • Five Last Acts - The Exit Path by Chris Docker
  • Inert Gas Cylinder & Regulator, General Refresher Summary
  • Peaceful Pill Handbook
  • Exit bag and inert gas megathread
The above resources are available on the forum.

- - -

I agree with what @IrRegularjoe wrote. This seems a little bit too advanced for you. Reading on this method is advisable as it could potentially lead to someone becoming a vegetable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Badluckhardtimes
I

IrRegularjoe

Apr 8, 2020
Just to make sure you don't hurt yourself. If you don't use a flow regulator, and just turned it on in a bag. You could rip a lung.

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis and Battlebunny
Battlebunny

Battlebunny

May 31, 2020
I've already ordered a regulator. I know the questions are a bit silly, I'm just scared and want to make sure I do everything right.

Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis
M

Mare Tranquillitatis

Mar 10, 2020
You need a regulator and a flow Meter to make the gas suitable for the exit bag. Liquid nitrogen is a complete different stuff.

Reactions: Battlebunny
Battlebunny

Battlebunny

May 31, 2020
Is this alone enough to act as a flow meter and regulator? And will attach directly into the cylinder? I calculated it and 30 scfh is about 15 lpm.
And I just add some sort of tubing to the end, right?

Attachments

• 31ctXj7rt8L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    31ctXj7rt8L._AC_SY400_.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 24
Reactions: Mare Tranquillitatis
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
There is no rush, and others have given good advice. I think the resources listed previously as well as the exit bag megathread will answer 99% of questions you have.

• Love
Reactions: Greenberg and Battlebunny
W

WearyOfStruggling

Male, 54
May 23, 2020
Is this alone enough to act as a flow meter and regulator? And will attach directly into the cylinder? I calculated it and 30 scfh is about 15 lpm.
And I just add some sort of tubing to the end, right?
Battlebunny, yes, that is a flowmeter regulator, so it allows you to adjust the flow rate to the desired amount on the meter. It will attach directly to a welding gas cylinder. I'm not sure about cylinders for brewing.
The flow rate of nitrogen will be different than what is shown on a flowmeter calibrated for argon or helium because they have different densities. I bought a flowmeter regulator for Helium since that's what I bought and I wanted to be sure the flow rate was correct. I recently posted about the one I bought with a hose barb adapter and another one for nitrogen I saw online.

• Hugs
Reactions: Greenberg and Mare Tranquillitatis