• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I was a smoker for ~11 years on and off. I quit cold turkey again in October, and I've been completely clean the past 9 months with occasional cravings but only when I get super stressed. For like the past three weeks or so, my cravings have really amped up. Today they've reached an all time low, kind of in combination with a really bad hormonal anxiety episode. If I was living alone, I know that I would have started smoking again. As it is I don't really know how to cope with the cravings. It feels like my brain is just screaming about a million different things including the craving, and I don't know how to get it to shut up. It's driving me insane. Idk if there even is anything to do besides sleep & hopefully it mellows out. I just haven't felt this strung out in a couple months now & really wish I could just give in and have a damn cigarette

• Hugs
Reactions: Kusogaki, Praestat_Mori and whywere
amnesia999

amnesia999

Eats, Shoots, and Leaves
Jun 30, 2024
I quit smoking about 16 years ago and sometimes get cravings too. I'll always want a cigarette, for the rest of my life.

The things that come to mind are that they cost too damn much ($10/pack where I live, are you kidding me, there's no way could I afford a habit); my partner has asthma and the smoke bothers her; and if I relapsed now I'd just have to quit again, and quitting the first time was hard (not to mention expensive because I bought nicotine pills). No way I want to go through that bullshit again.

Try something that you can put into your mouth instead of a cigarette, like those chocolate peppermint candies. Get the sugar free ones if you're worried about weight gain. Let us know how it goes.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and whywere
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I quit smoking about 16 years ago and sometimes get cravings too. I'll always want a cigarette, for the rest of my life.

The things that come to mind are that they cost too damn much ($10/pack where I live, are you kidding me, there's no way could I afford a habit); my partner has asthma and the smoke bothers her; and if I relapsed now I'd just have to quit again, and quitting the first time was hard (not to mention expensive because I bought nicotine pills). No way I want to go through that bullshit again.

Try something that you can put into your mouth instead of a cigarette, like those chocolate peppermint candies. Get the sugar free ones if you're worried about weight gain. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks for the idea. I'll try to get some chocolates or maybe those caramel chews the next time I go to the store. Hopefully that helps

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, whywere and amnesia999
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
when i was trying to quit smoking weed i got one of those 0% nicotine vapes. sometimes just the gesture of puffing something is soothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and whywere
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
when i was trying to quit smoking weed i got one of those 0% nicotine vapes. sometimes just the gesture of puffing something is soothing.
Unfortunately not an option in my situation rn šŸ˜• My parents are kind of running my life/really heavily monitoring me after I was on suicide watch, and I wouldn't be allowed to keep a vape even if it was 0% nicotine

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Nicotine is flammable, almost the same as gunpowder is. Nicotine is an alkaloid like caffeine, however, besides be flammable it is VERY poisonous. There is where a WOW comes into play, as since it is flammable, when one smokes a cigarette one gets very, very little of the nicotine. If a person got all the nicotine out of just 1 cigarette, it could cause heart palpebrations or even worse a heart attack.

So, besides all the heavy metals in a cigarette the nicotine is the worst and also like meth, the first time that nicotine hits the brain receptors, it can be instant addiction qualities.

I can still remember back in the 1960's, on the dairy farm where I was raised and worked my butt off, a next-door farm neighbor came to talk to my "dad" about something. There was a huge bull snake in the farmyard and our neighbor who smoked roll your own cigarettes went over and grabbed the snake and brought it over to where all of us where all of us were standing. He wanted to show me and my older brother about never picking up the habit of smoking. He finished his cigarette and the leftover part that had been in his mouth, he pried open the snake's mouth and dropped the leftover part of the cigarette in. I would guess like 2 minutes or so later, the large snake got straight as a ruler and that was it, he was dead on the spot. I will never forget it, as the snake was almost like a stick, his body was that harden in just like 5 minutes or under.

You are family to/for me, and I wish nothing but the very best for you always.

Lots of well wishes and caring thoughts, my good friend.

Walter

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and ferrie
ferrie

ferrie

she/they
May 19, 2024
I got some werther's caramels & Lindt truffles. Hopefully it helps with the cravings, but it's also just nice to have a little pick me up of sugar ig

Reactions: amnesia999