• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
So, I'm a big Nick Drake fan and as I am a musician, suicidal person and as I take amitriptyline, promethazine and orphenadrine everyday for 5 years I find it very interesting. For who doesn't know who was Nick Drake, he was a musician that died with 26 yo in 1974. His cause of death was accepted as amitriptyline overdose - and was accepted as suicide. He was suicidal, but we just can't say if was suicide or accident. In fact it doesn't matter, isn't about this that I wanna talk about, is about the cause.
As I tried suicide by amitriptyline cocktail overdose before I know that is hard to die from amitriptyline overdose, even mixed with other drugs. Nick was taking amitriptyline, orphenadrine and trifluoperazine. He also smoked a ridiculous amount of weed (like me) and maybe he was doing heroin in his last years (snort), by the way he could died from a heroin overdose, but I don't think its the case. No amount of amitriptyline is mentioned in any place, only amount of pills. He took like 3 pills everyday, and as he had insomnia sometimes he took more than this to help him to sleep. In this day he took extra pills, I don't know how much, his sister said that he took like 30 pills in this day but I don't know. Even if it's true I don't know how many mg was each pill.
In the mid of dawn he goes to the kitchen, eat something and took the last dose of amitriptyline. Like 12pm he was found dead, he died around 6am. Doctor said that he had a heart attack and a collapse, maybe a seizure and fall in his bed dying some time after. What the fuck? Anyone have any idea about a possible dosage?
I know that amitriptyline, like orphenadrine and trifluoperazine are cardiotoxic and can change the frequency of beat of the muscles of heart, but his death is very strange.
Maybe a chronic overdose killed him? Like taking high doses everyday and accumulated toxicity, I don't know... Any thoughts? If die was so easy!

Reactions: Circles
W

Walilamdzi

Mar 21, 2019
I'm a fan of Nick Drake too, my favourite song of his is Things Behind the Sun... I have no idea about your question, though. It could have been anything. Maybe accumulated effects of everything like you said.

Reactions: Circles and Schizotypal
Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
I'm a fan of Nick Drake too, my favourite song of his is Things Behind the Sun... I have no idea about your question, though. It could have been anything. Maybe accumulated effects of everything like you said.

I love this song. But is very strange how he died, I'm taking near the same drugs for 5 years, even tried OD and I'm still alive. Would be great if we have any information about the dose he was taking. And the media lies about it, doctors are dumb or negligent, and his death is so mysterious as Kurt Cobain's death. Thank's to share what u think.

LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
The fact that someone as talented as Nick Drake ended up taking his own life says a lot to me about how harsh the world we live in really is - I'm also an admirer of his music. The story that always stays with and haunts me is that he supposedly took the tapes of his last album into his record label and just left them at the desk without speaking to anyone and walked out without anyone noticing. A masterpiece and he felt too shy to connect with someone.

Reactions: Circles, Schizotypal and Walilamdzi
Schizotypal

Schizotypal

I live to be hated
Feb 2, 2019
The fact that someone as talented as Nick Drake ended up taking his own life says a lot to me about how harsh the world we live in really is - I'm also an admirer of his music. The story that always stays with and haunts me is that he supposedly took the tapes of his last album into his record label and just left them at the desk without speaking to anyone and walked out without anyone noticing. A masterpiece and he felt too shy to connect with someone.

Maybe he commited suicide, yeah, but still strange. I just wanna know how this drugs killed him, I'm not convinced. Thank you.