• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018

Does anyone here doubt that the pharmaceutical companies are thrilled it's so difficult to stop purchasing their products?

Reactions: Final Escape and Walilamdzi
Divine Trinity

Divine Trinity

Pugna Vigil
Mar 20, 2019
It's ironic really, we're sold this myth that there's a "chemical imbalance" in the brain. Meaning, we know what the brain should look like, and the patient's is deficient in a certain component. That's not true. (edit: Naturally, of course abnormalities from certain diseases and drug use are noticed because... science jargon.)

So they give out these drugs that allegedly fix this "imbalance" and make everything better, with some minor side-effects (inluding, but not limited to, Sudden Death). After using these drugs for so long, the neurons are restructured to adapt to the SSRIs and stop or greatly reduce serotonin/dopamine production, which causes depression due to a chemical imbalance in the brain from SSRI consumption...

Last edited:
Reactions: Walilamdzi, dhk96, Youthanasia and 2 others
Mr. Hang Man

Mr. Hang Man

Just hanging around
Mar 11, 2019
It's ironic really, we're sold this myth that there's a "chemical imbalance" in the brain. Meaning, we know what the brain should look like, and the patient's is deficient in a certain component. That's not true. (edit: Naturally, of course abnormalities from certain diseases and drug use are noticed because... science jargon.)

So they give out these drugs that allegedly fix this "imbalance" and make everything better, with some minor side-effects (inluding, but not limited to, Sudden Death). After using these drugs for so long, the neurons are restructured to adapt to the SSRIs and stop or greatly reduce serotonin/dopamine production, which causes depression due to a chemical imbalance in the brain from SSRI consumption...
No wonder I feel worse on antidepressants.

Reactions: dhk96 and Youthanasia
Youthanasia

Youthanasia

Wanderer
Apr 18, 2019
No wonder I feel worse on antidepressants.

I always hated shrink medication. Stuff supposed to help you sleep makes you a zombie, stuff supposed to heal you from this zombie state will feel like you're on crack

But the worst is getting antidepressants that are also used to treat people that orgasms in 5 seconds. I laugh about it today but it was the most satisfying dunk in the trash bin I had back then. :pfff:

T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
If antidepressants are the "cure," we are well and truly fucked.

Reactions: dhk96 and MistakesHappen
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Yeah this is a really shitty premise that mental health professionals have. It is at best a myth (that isn't to say that chemical imbalances don't occur in some people), but to frame it as that most (if not all) mentally ill, depressed people have a chemical imbalance is bullshit.

@Divine Trinity Pretty much summarizes up the problem with dependency on these things. This reminds me of a pharmacy teacher in community college (many years ago) once saying that once you start relying on drugs for one problem (or suspected problem), you get side effects for another, and then they get you in cycle of dependency (it's a trap), eventually, you become a 'prescription junkie' so as she said. This, in the long run, fucks up your health and body and then it becomes a never ending cycle of dependency of drugs.

Reactions: Jen Erik
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
I went cold Turkey off 10 weeks use of paroxetine 30mg a day in early July 2018.
Nearly a year later and I have yet to recover from it.
I'll stay clear of psychiatric drugs if given a choice

Suicide47

Suicide47

Oct 24, 2018
What was your experience like? I've been on psychiatric drugs since the end of November and look where I am. It's helped my mood a little but not my depression

Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
They call it "discontinuation syndrome" to make it sound different from withdrawal from addictive drugs. But it is still Pharma pushing drugs that get you hooked.

I know many peopke who started anti-ds but couldn't get off them when they stopped working.

My guess... if they help, it is because your brain becomes no longer as negatively biased after a month or so of increased synaptic serotonin. That is because new nerve growth is triggered. Once established, stop using them. They've done their job and little to nothing to gain after a few months of use.