Ailurus

Ailurus

Jun 3, 2023
So. Ever since hearing about SS I've been intrigued, but I'm also instantly worried due to the acronym of the forum.
There's no secret that nazis tend to absolutely despite transpeople like me. The amount of times I've seen "41%" written under transpeople's posts on twitter and by whom it's written makes it more than obvious. Nazis are huge fans of dogwhistling, using acronyms to "troll" others and so forth. So I just need to ask. Is SS tied in any way to nazism? Using the acronym most commonly known for the Shutzstaffel is immediately raising all the red flags for me. I don't want to be entertainment for a bunch of hateful shits.

• Hugs
Reactions: just_so_done, Forever Sleep, meowmeowkitty and 7 others
The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
There are a number of trans people here.
Nobody will judge you here on SaSu.
We support one another and are definitely not Nazis, nor trans phobic.
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: RainAndSadness, just_so_done, tryagain and 3 others
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
I'm trans and definitely left-wing. So no, this forum has nothing to do with nazism, the acronym is a pure coincidence. People also use SaSu instead of SS and I think that's probably a better acronym anyway.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: user_name_here, NoLoveNoHope, Kazeeemoo12 and 5 others
Akanea

Akanea

Student
May 24, 2023
No it's not linked in any way. And I think if mods saw any kind of nazism they would ban it immediately

Reactions: The anhedonic one and Ailurus
Ailurus

Ailurus

Jun 3, 2023
I hope you don't mind me mentioning my immediate concern regarding this.
It's kind of a dealbreaker for me and well... It's unfortunately a fairly popular ideology online. So the worry isn't too unwarranted imo.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I don't really know what you are talking about, SS just means Sanctioned Suicide which is the name of this pro-choice suicide forum, it's just a forum to discuss suicide.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
Ailurus

Ailurus

Jun 3, 2023
I don't really know what you are talking about, SS just means Sanctioned Suicide which is the name of this pro-choice suicide forum, it's just a forum to discuss suicide.
Right...
It seems like trolling with "plausible deniability".

Ultracheese

Ultracheese

Arcanist
Dec 1, 2022
There are a lot of trans people here, and the forum name has nothing to do with Nazi ideology. There are people here who have said less than kind things about trans people, but they're easily avoidable and definitely the minority here. Speaking as someone who is trans himself, I've never had a problem with harassment here.

Reactions: redisblue, NoLoveNoHope and borderline-feline
NoLoveNoHope

NoLoveNoHope

Mage
Mar 25, 2023
Sasu is very trans-accepting, ~10% of the forum is trans.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
If you're really worried- I'd say spend some time just reading posts to guage the kind of place this is before engaging. Plenty of people just 'lurk' here before contributing.

I personally think this is an incredibly supportive community. Still- we all have to be responsible for our own mental state to an extent. If you believe people here are going to trigger you- then- there's no point in upsetting yourself. I've recently learnt that by engaging with a pro-lifer. I thought we could have a mutually beneficial rational conversation but all we really did was piss each other off.

As for links to Nazism- that never actually registered to be honest and I've never come across it here. We mostly advocate for freedom to choose here. It stands for: 'Sanctioned Suicide.' It's just that everyone uses acronyms these days. Which kind of irritates me. I'm too old for all that stuff- I keep having to Google what random letters mean!

Reactions: just_so_done, The anhedonic one and redisblue
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Lol modern people and the shit they get offended by. How can you not-see that SS stands for Sanctioned Suicide and not an outdated German word?

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
I think Reichskanzler Rainandsadness is just trying to cover her ass here, we all know what this place is really about.

• Yay!
Reactions: Ringo, Forever Sleep, rationaltake and 1 other person