Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
i happened to live with family. After being recluse for other than few times a day going to chill with family for close to a year, I realized my ugly sight invokes certain emotions with the most palpable being discomfort. As a result I decided from now on to increase my level of self isolation to unprecedented new lows. It actually brings me comfort not to delude myself too much about the truth of how much my family like me being around. No hate or blaming here, just looking out for my dignity and mental wellbeing first and foremost.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, _Minsk, Foresight and 3 others
S

subj

Student
Dec 16, 2021
i happened to live with family. After being recluse for other than few times a day going to chill with family for close to a year, I realized my ugly sight invokes certain emotions with the most palpable being discomfort. As a result I decided from now on to increase my level of self isolation to unprecedented new lows. It actually brings me comfort not to delude myself too much about the truth of how much my family like me being around. No hate or blaming here, just looking out for my dignity and mental wellbeing first and foremost.
Just curious how do they let you know your signt ring they are uncomfortable with you around?

Reactions: Mixo
Snake of Eden

Snake of Eden

“Ye shall be as gods..🍎 🐍”
Jun 22, 2021
Just curious how do they let you know your signt ring they are uncomfortable with you around?
Intuition..

S

subj

Student
Dec 16, 2021
maybe you could check to mske sure your intuition is accurate. It's real easy to assume or misinterpret other people non verbal behavior. The worst they can do is say you are correct.

Reactions: Smart No More, Mixo and Snake of Eden
Mixo

Mixo

Blue
Aug 2, 2020
I don't know what "vibe" you might be giving off, but try not to be too hard on yourself. Sometimes it's about your family system and how they communicate with each other than it is about you specifically as a person. If the communication is more closed off during periods of conflict/tension, then that could be how your family handles issues (this is purely speculation, of course you would know them better).

Also, when you spend an inordinately large proportion of your time in your room, sometimes people begin to judge - whether they're conscious of it or not. A few years ago, I rented a room in another city so I could seek out medical treatment and because of the depression I was experiencing, I rarely left my room. The other housemates, despite knowing virtually nothing about me and me keeping to myself, talked shit about me and asked the landlord to "do something about me." Being closed off or reluctant to engage tends to worsen people's assumptions of you. Ultimately, you have to do what you have to do to cope, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snake of Eden and subj
S

subj

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I don't know what "vibe" you might be giving off, but try not to be too hard on yourself. Sometimes it's about your family system and how they communicate with each other than it is about you specifically as a person. If the communication is more closed off during periods of conflict/tension, then that could be how your family handles issues (this is purely speculation, of course you would know them better).

Also, when you spend an inordinately large proportion of your time in your room, sometimes people begin to judge - whether they're conscious of it or not. A few years ago, I rented a room in another city so I could seek out medical treatment and because of the depression I was experiencing, I rarely left my room. The other housemates, despite knowing virtually nothing about me and me keeping to myself, talked shit about me and asked the landlord to "do something about me." Being closed off or reluctant to engage tends to worsen people's assumptions of you. Ultimately, you have to do what you have to do to cope, though.
Great insights, thanks